What's new

Superman vs Goku

Superman vs Goku

• Total voters

cyke_out

Noob
I'm sure I've said it before, but there are a lot of powerful anime characters. For example, Kami Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo outclasses even Superman all while leading an interesting series an decently scripted harem.
Doesn't matter, anime annoys me. There a few good anime's that I can stomach, but very little. (trigun, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Ninja Scroll, Akira, Ghost in the shell) Everything else is full of cliche, slide show art, useless dialog, grade school philosophy... It's why I can't stand jRPG's either, unless the combat is tactical, like FF tactics, Valkyria Chronicles or Shining Force style.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Doesn't matter, anime annoys me. There a few good anime's that I can stomach, but very little. (trigun, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Ninja Scroll, Akira, Ghost in the shell) Everything else is full of cliche, slide show art, useless dialog, grade school philosophy... It's why I can't stand jRPG's either, unless the combat is tactical, like FF tactics, Valkyria Chronicles or Shining Force style.
I can agree on Outlaw Star, Trigun is meh to me, Bebop is gritty in a good way, and Ghost in the Shell is also meh. As far as "everything else" goes, Sgt. Frog (Keroro Gunso) isn't too bad and Gurren Lagan is Prozac in the form of anime. jRPGs I'd say Arc the Lad, Fire Emblem (mid-age), and any Final Fantasy game where theres no form of singing or sports in the intro (A.K.A. anything before 9).

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The only way Goku loses is if he has a heart attack in the middle of the fight or if its the abridged version of him fighting
What a coincidence, he does.
If by heart attack you mean his heart is fed to him in the span of time it takes for a single synapse to trigger in his head. He dies before he can even process the first inklings of information from the world around him. Which, of course, means a quick painless death.

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Im not sure how to post the video on my phone but everyone just watch Screw Attack! Death Battle: Superman vs Goku. Its pretty convincing.lol

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
What a coincidence, he does.
If by heart attack you mean his heart is fed to him in the span of time it takes for a single synapse to trigger in his head. He dies before he can even process the first inklings of information from the world around him. Which, of course, means a quick painless death.
Sorry dude, Superman's overrated if we are being serious Superman loses in almost every category

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sorry dude, Superman's overrated if we are being serious Superman loses in almost every category
Superman is overrated, but is still so far ahead of Goku that its not even a serious match.

Strength - Superman casually juggles planets and punches reality to the point of retconning entire universes, if not sneezing them into destruction. Goku can't even break himself off of a mountain.

Speed - Superman has flown fast enough to distort reality, reverse time, outspeed light, and almost tear the fabric of space time to the point where omnipotent beings had to stand in his way to stop him. Goku can't even teleport without sitting and focusing, and has never shown himself to be fast enough to travel anywhere close to lightspeed. He has never reversed time, distorted reality, or anything of the like.

Durability - Superman has tanked planets and suns being thrown at him, and attacks that would wreck galaxies without effort full-brunt. He has taken magic attacks strong enough to level cities in a single bolt, multiple times, directly to the chest. He has survived the vaccum of space, moving at speeds that would tear people atom-by-atom, sitting in the sun to meditate, and even being beaten to near-death by kryptonite enhanced gauntlets in the middle of a red-sun emitting room. Goku died from Cell's explosion which could blow up the earth, almost died of a simple heart-attack, and a 1400 power level special beam cannon tearing through his innards. Its not even close.

Intelligence - I don't even need to begin on this one.

Ki vs Heat vision - Most ki blasts aren't even strong enough to level buildings. Kamehameha has a charge time. Spirit bomb has a charge time. Both attacks have failed to kill opponents far far inferior to superman. Goku even had a moon-sized spirit bomb and it couldn't so much as scar freiza a bit after a dead-on direct hit. Heat vision reignited the sun, has no charge time, and can be focused to the point of lobotomizing people through their pupils, something that you can't defend against. Anything Goku has that can fire in the same time as heat vision is so drastically ineffective that its pointless to even mention them.

"Make a wish" - Goku needs time to make wishes. He doesn't have time. Superman literally moves faster than Goku's brain is capable of processing. Goku can't even think before being butchered in multiple means.

Breathing in Space - Goku can't do it.

Magic - Goku doesn't have any that would be effective. Ki is spiritual A.K.A. spawned from the inner physical-soul, so that's not magical in nature. Power pole is magical but he wouldn't have any chance to use it before dying.

What category does Goku win? I can't think of any more relevant things, and even then Superman wins most all of those as well.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
If we are being serious Goku' looses to a lot of the dcu a good majority of the mu too. Goku has one of the worst track records ever. He lost like 4 world tournaments, only winning either one or 2 (need to rewatch db) got killed in his first attempt to save the world in dbz in his second crack at saving the world he got his ass saved by yajirobe and stalemated with vegeta. He actually solod freiza with new alien pis power yay for him. Got saved from the mechs freiza king cooler beat down by trunks, ends that arc by getting himself killed by cell. Then the buu saga LOL these guys can't even take out one demon. Goku gets half of the planet blown up or eaten despite all of his new buffs he still needs volunteered energy to subdue buu. Funny thing is even then he couldn't seal the deal had to wish that buus soul becomes resurrected as a human child instead of a demon. Plus there's the fact that he never even beat fat buu.

See all of that dying and fail in that summary describe Supermans adventures and there's none of that he doesn't lose.

TlDR

Goku sucks

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
Superman is overrated, but is still so far ahead of Goku that its not even a serious match.

Strength - Superman casually juggles planets and punches reality to the point of retconning entire universes, if not sneezing them into destruction. Goku can't even break himself off of a mountain.

Speed - Superman has flown fast enough to distort reality, reverse time, outspeed light, and almost tear the fabric of space time to the point where omnipotent beings had to stand in his way to stop him. Goku can't even teleport without sitting and focusing, and has never shown himself to be fast enough to travel anywhere close to lightspeed. He has never reversed time, distorted reality, or anything of the like.

Durability - Superman has tanked planets and suns being thrown at him, and attacks that would wreck galaxies without effort full-brunt. He has taken magic attacks strong enough to level cities in a single bolt, multiple times, directly to the chest. He has survived the vaccum of space, moving at speeds that would tear people atom-by-atom, sitting in the sun to meditate, and even being beaten to near-death by kryptonite enhanced gauntlets in the middle of a red-sun emitting room. Goku died from Cell's explosion which could blow up the earth, almost died of a simple heart-attack, and a 1400 power level special beam cannon tearing through his innards. Its not even close.

Intelligence - I don't even need to begin on this one.

Ki vs Heat vision - Most ki blasts aren't even strong enough to level buildings. Kamehameha has a charge time. Spirit bomb has a charge time. Both attacks have failed to kill opponents far far inferior to superman. Goku even had a moon-sized spirit bomb and it couldn't so much as scar freiza a bit after a dead-on direct hit. Heat vision reignited the sun, has no charge time, and can be focused to the point of lobotomizing people through their pupils, something that you can't defend against. Anything Goku has that can fire in the same time as heat vision is so drastically ineffective that its pointless to even mention them.

"Make a wish" - Goku needs time to make wishes. He doesn't have time. Superman literally moves faster than Goku's brain is capable of processing. Goku can't even think before being butchered in multiple means.

Breathing in Space - Goku can't do it.

Magic - Goku doesn't have any that would be effective. Ki is spiritual A.K.A. spawned from the inner physical-soul, so that's not magical in nature. Power pole is magical but he wouldn't have any chance to use it before dying.

What category does Goku win? I can't think of any more relevant things, and even then Superman wins most all of those as well.
Wow, you really went hard on that response...... you guys are taking this way to serious for me. but kudos to you sir

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Supes is way too overpowered if you use his Silver Age or Prime incarnations. Hell, he's just overpowered in general.

If Goku were capable of quickly amassing spirit bombs of the entire universe and other dimensions, then MAYBE he'd have a shot. And by quickly, I mean as instantly as he can charge a 10X Kamehameha in SSJ4 form.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Wow, you really went hard on that response...... you guys are taking this way to serious for me. but kudos to you sir
I used to do this kind of debate thing back in the day, so its not "going hard", I'm literally listing off the same argument I made like 3 or 4 years ago on the same exact discussion. This is just going off of memory, its not like I bothered to wiki all of it in the 5 minutes it took me to respond to your post. I just know it from like the 2 or 3 years worth of comic/manga debating I did when I was a bit more spry and had too much time on my hands.

THTB

About speed, towards the end of Z, he was shown capable of using Instant Transmission pretty close to instantaneously if he so desired...he was just held back by being forced to lock on to ki signatures.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
About speed, towards the end of Z, he was shown capable of using Instant Transmission pretty close to instantaneously if he so desired...he was just held back by being forced to lock on to ki signatures.
Its questionable how "instant" the "instant" transmission really is on account of the fade-in-fade-out routine he always has to do. On top of that, being close to instant isn't fast enough against someone like Supes and you know that as well as I do.

THTB

Its questionable how "instant" the "instant" transmission really is on account of the fade-in-fade-out routine he always has to do. On top of that, being close to instant isn't fast enough against someone like Supes and you know that as well as I do.
I know. In all honesty, the anime had a terrible time displaying how fast everything was toted to be by the characters lol. Like, there would be instances where they just looked like typical humans moving.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know. In all honesty, the anime had a terrible time displaying how fast everything was toted to be by the characters lol. Like, there would be instances where they just looked like typical humans moving.
Honestly, I laughed more at Gohan getting winded by a hit from Cell, yet Hercule got bitch-slapped into a mountain and survived with nothing more than comedic dusties.

GhosT

Noob
Now if only Goku could do magic.

And Superman doesn't per se have a weakness to magic so much as he isn't stupidly invulnerable to it like he is everything else.
He has taken about 7 or 8 direct Shazam bolts to the S before and was perfectly fine, so nothing Goku has that is magic based will harm him.
As broken as superman is. Goku is like dumb broken even more than supes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As broken as superman is. Goku is like dumb broken even more than supes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Not even remotely close, and the only words than can describe the stupidity of such thinking would probably get me banned.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
And here I had given up hope for intelligent life on this forum as far as actual comic savvy is concerned.
Bravo for proving me wrong :cool:
Hey man every now and again in this crazy world we live in you meet a man who's picked up a book or two.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Goku could just instant transmission, grab a few million tons of kryptonite, instant transmission back and be like "Oh hey superman, sorry about this. Anyways, boy am I hungry!"