What's new

Tech Sub-Zero's Best Combo off a NJP.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I never really practiced this but whenever I catch a NJP off my opponent I just follow up with b12 212 slide. I went into practice mode and found there's 2 options that give him that 29%.

NJP b12 212 slide = 29%
NJP b12 freeze (b1)2 212 slide = 29%

Is this the best he can or is there other options? Share.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Something cool I like to do, is if I catch them with njp b12 blah blah blah, and it's carrying them into the corner, instead of slide cancel 212 into clone since you didn't freeze them first. It's character specific due to wake ups and exactly how close to the corner you end up, but just a tidbit. :D

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Something cool I like to do, is if I catch them with njp b12 blah blah blah, and it's carrying them into the corner, instead of slide cancel 212 into clone since you didn't freeze them first. It's character specific due to wake ups and exactly how close to the corner you end up, but just a tidbit. :D

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
So NJP,B12,212,clone near corner can freeze some characters?;]

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Went in the lab and tried for about half an hour to get something better than 1 b12 212 slide. I wasnt gettin anywhere until i remembered a Check sub zero combo, where he used two NJP after a freeze to get some extra damage. All i got was this:

NJP dashblock NJP 1 b12 212 slide for 33%

The timing is really tricky but it can work. Also the extra standing 1 has no impact on the damage overall. This is the highest damage you can get off a midscreen NJP, as far as i know.

EDIT* I tried this using Sheeva, im not sure if it works with other characters.

Panque

Random foreign guy
if the opponent is frozen in the air, depending on the height, the extra slap (1) can make the following b12 whiff. That might be my execution of course.