What's new

General/Other Sub Zero Makes the Rest of the Cast Seem Boring

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Hey everybody, I am having a bit of a problem, although it is sort of a good problem. I have been maining sub zero since day 1, and I really enjoy his playsyle, which is all about making reads and outthinking your opponent. However, I feel that I have mastered sub zero enough to learn another character. Heres where the problem comes in. Every charcter I try seems mindless and generic compared to Sub Zero. When I play as sub I feel like I am always in control of the match and how it ends is dependant on my decisions, but with other characters I feel like I am simply going through the motions. Do any of you have any suggestions for me of a character that uses mindpower to win like sub zero? Thanks in advance

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Hey everybody, I am having a bit of a problem, although it is sort of a good problem. I have been maining sub zero since day 1, and I really enjoy his playsyle, which is all about making reads and outthinking your opponent. However, I feel that I have mastered sub zero enough to learn another character. Heres where the problem comes in. Every charcter I try seems mindless and generic compared to Sub Zero. When I play as sub I feel like I am always in control of the match and how it ends is dependant on my decisions, but with other characters I feel like I am simply going through the motions. Do any of you have any suggestions for me of a character that uses mindpower to win like sub zero? Thanks in advance
NOOB SAIBOT!!!!!!

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Any character can play good mind games, but that's probably not the answer you want :p
I'll tell you, good mind game players, imo, are Scorpion (hellfire), Reptile (lows, overhead, dash pressure), Noob (portals, overheads), Mileena (d4, u4, tele), Sektor (flames, upmissile), Cyrax (bomb-net patterns), Jax (groundpound, mixup strings), Kung Lao (low hat, tele, mixups), Kabal (saw, iAF, dash cancel), Shang Tsung (ground skulls, upskull traps and safety), Quan Chi (mixups, trance, tele), and Raiden (tele, superman)

Smoke...he sure can be used ina terrible scrub-like way but on the other hand if used the way he's supposed to be used he really is a deep and strategic charachter

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Alot of ppl are saying noob, smoke and shang tsung, so ill try them first, and then ill go back and try all the others. Plus i just saw tht shang stung on the evo stream. Tht shit was sick. Thanks for the help!

Theme

Noob
Smoke is very noob friendly. Most Smoke players are teleporting scrubs that dont really know how to connect or do anything other than uppercut and throw smoke bombs. In the hands of a good player, he is awesome. I suggest checking out Aris videos.

Shang Tsung is much more harder. I also main him and he has terrible wakeups. When being pressured, he has little tools to help him out.

Noob Saibot is probably the easiest to spam with, but again, in the right hands, can be deadly. He isnt very combo oriented, but his few combos could be connect to his X-ray for high 30%s to low 40%'s.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Smoke is very noob friendly. Most Smoke players are teleporting scrubs that dont really know how to connect or do anything other than uppercut and throw smoke bombs. In the hands of a good player, he is awesome. I suggest checking out Aris videos.

Shang Tsung is much more harder. I also main him and he has terrible wakeups. When being pressured, he has little tools to help him out.

Noob Saibot is probably the easiest to spam with, but again, in the right hands, can be deadly. He isnt very combo oriented, but his few combos could be connect to his X-ray for high 30%s to low 40%'s.
Yea from what I've seen tsung is all about making ur opponent play ur game and not letting them get tht wakeup pressure. Whcih is exactly how I like it. Don't know much about smoke so I will definetly check out those videos

Theme

Noob
His F434 string into ground skull juggle is deadly and sick looking. But make sure you dont do the far skull when he blocks, or you'll be eating a full combo. If he blocks your F434, transition to close ground skull, then you can keep pressure away. Easier said than done lol. Shit is really fast.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
His F434 string into ground skull juggle is deadly and sick looking. But make sure you dont do the far skull when he blocks, or you'll be eating a full combo. If he blocks your F434, transition to close ground skull, then you can keep pressure away. Easier said than done lol. Shit is really fast.
Haha yea I tried it, only got it 1nce then had to go, but just like everything, tht kinda stuff takes practice.

Wrathchild

Land Stander
go with nightwolf

strong and underplayed.

or baraka, underplayed and underrated
Lol I'm thinking of using Baraka because it would be fun to know that I'm REALLY earning the win. To the OP, I would go with Noob or Cyber Sub they are both very fun to use imo.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i mained reptilefor 3 months and now picked up subby. you wouldreally enjoy him.. hard to pick up but once you get going

webreg

Noob
Cyber Sub Zero. He has a lot of interesting tools and is very adaptable. There is no one way to play him. There is also a lot of reading, predicting and mindgames involved (bombs, parry). I'd say he is the most interesting character because you can really develop your own style and be successful. And no, he plays very differently than regular SZ.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I think Smoke is really underrated. I think he does fairly well in some of Sub's tougher matchups, too...

Odoyle

Drops combos
This is how I feel. I've mained Sub since MK1 but I also play a decent (being generous) Kung Lao who seems to work well against a Cryax or Ermac. I wish those match ups weren't so tough for Sub Zero because I feel like a tool playing Lao. :(

lmao if you think everyone BUT subzero is boring and generic your fucked. he doesnt have mind power, all he has is hiding behind his clones. sub zero is the easiest charecter to pick up BY far..
Psh :hand:

Not even worth the time to explain how wrong you are.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
lmao if you think everyone BUT subzero is boring and generic your fucked. he doesnt have mind power, all he has is hiding behind his clones. sub zero is the easiest charecter to pick up BY far..
wrong

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Im not playing online scrubs here, these people don't jump into any clones I put out, I have to set it up carefully. U obviously haven't played a high level match w or against sub zero. Try hiding behind a clone against a smart ermac or shang tsung or skarlet.

wasnt trolling i was giving my opinion. read the topic of the thread. creator calls the rest of the cast boring so why cant i?...freddy is new, has never been in mk9 so he will definately be alot of fun i think. Also, just because i like freddy does not mean im trolling.