What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

Durango

Enhancer
Okay, so big question. Corner combos. Are there any better ones that B2, B2, D1, B12 Ice Clone, NJP, JI2, B12 Slide?

At the B12 Ice Clone part, I find it dropping frequently. The Ice Clone won't come out. I've also seen good Sub-Zero players use different combos in the corner that delivered 30% and more damage that I don't believe are listed in the opening post.

Okay, so big question. Corner combos. Are there any better ones that B2, B2, D1, B12 Ice Clone, NJP, JI2, B12 Slide?

At the B12 Ice Clone part, I find it dropping frequently. The Ice Clone won't come out. I've also seen good Sub-Zero players use different combos in the corner that delivered 30% and more damage that I don't believe are listed in the opening post.
Landing the ice clone after the B12 depends on how low the character is. the ice clone doesn't come out if they are too high. Also it is very inconsistent on female characters.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
How do we change up the gameplay vs female characters? I have decided to pick up GM sub a bit more, but it irks me that a big part of my corner game just isn't worth using on half the cast

How do we change up the gameplay vs female characters? I have decided to pick up GM sub a bit more, but it irks me that a big part of my corner game just isn't worth using on half the cast
If its a female character i spend a bar with ice blast. B2 B2 B12Exfreeze Njp Njk. Or B2 B2 B12Exfreeze Njp Jip 123slide 38%.
The only way i have been able to freeze them with a clone in the corner is during a shatter combo.

Creepy00

Noob
You can also do an additional d1 into the combo against female characters, so that they are in the right height for the ice clone to connect. For example, something like this: B2,B2,D1,D1,B12~iceclone, Njp, jip, F12 37%

There is also b3~Iceclone, but the timing is strict.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
Would grandmaster still be considered his best variation? It is the only variation i have tried so far. I have not looked into properly learning sub in this game yet.
Yes, Grandmaster has the most useful tools. As soon as Unbreakable gets "buffs" then he will be on par, then cryo should stay the same and is his general offense type. All his variations have their own strengths, so you should put some time into them all :)

Badfulgore

Beta Tester
Aaahh, ok ok! Song good :)
So, Maybe. I am not sure. Only have practiced 15 minutes with subzero. I don't know all the features of this character. He can make more of 55% wall no meter.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
No idea how you are getting 55% meterless, best I can do is 53% meterless. Please stick to Sub for a little bit BFG I'd love to see what else you find :D

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

pretty sure the go to now is
b2 214 1 b12~klone NJP NJK to set up the clone.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Against the females if I have a clone already out and I can't do the b2, b2, 1, 1, b12xx clone I'll go for b2, 242, 1, b33d4. Only does 29% but in the corner I'll take a HKD over damage any day.

Another combo I use if I have a clone set up is b33ex ice blast, b2, 1, b33d4 for 28% and if the shattered clone hits after ice blast you can follow with 1, f12 for 31%.

Not on par with the combos against the men but they work and ensure you can maintain pressure.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main

I'm watching Night at the Roxbury, so I cant get it 100% right.
But what I like for subby in the corner is - b2, b2, d1, 1, b12~clone, njp, jip, 123~slide - 40%
It's hard to do at first. but you know how it goes, practice makes perfect. PM me for any more sub info/combos/data if you want