What's new

Tech Sub zero Ex ice clone trick in the corner

ok so you throw out your 212~clone in the corner against a blocking opponent, you can throw out an exclone instead then get a free slide afterwards. You can use an exslide to blow through any projectile they might throw at you after the clone. if the slide hits they will get frozen into the ice clone for damage and a combo. If they block low you are protected from a slide punishment since your right on top of your clone. When you recover from the slide the clone is there just long enough to keep pressure on the opponent for another string. If they try to jump out you can always do 22~iceball. Teleporters can escape this but if you do the slide right after the clone their teleport will whiff but it will put you in the corner in a worst possible scenario. They can also use an ever so popular armored move but then you will just trade damage if you react to it and use an ex slide. Not the best use of meter but is useful none the less.

*you can do this with regular clone but th eduration of the exclone will allow you to pressure a little more. This is just a guessing game but if you've got your opponent to fear jumping in the corner against an ice clone then this is a neat little trick.

this was prolly mentioned before and if it was im sorry in advance. I am exploring sub zero and not trying to steal anything or take anything away from anybody. So dont jump on me if this is well known. Just trying to give ex clone more use.

Truth

Noob
It sounds good in theory, but I think most SZ players will agree that using 2 bars isn't the best use of meter. I'm not sure if you're aware, but Brady has confirmed that the regular ice-clone has increased duration and will now only not come out at point blank range (the promixity of when you can clone has improved).

It sounds good in theory, but I think most SZ players will agree that using 2 bars isn't the best use of meter. I'm not sure if you're aware, but Brady has confirmed that the regular ice-clone has increased duration and will now only not come out at point blank range (the promixity of when you can clone has improved).
basically its using a bar of meter to make the slide safe. Ive seen players use a random slide and make it safe by using a breaker, i know this set up is better then that lol.

Truth

Noob
basically its using a bar of meter to make the slide safe. Ive seen players use a random slide and make it safe by using a breaker, i know this set up is better then that lol.
Good point there, but the whole point of using his slide atleast, in my opinion, is for it to be unexpected and catch the opponent off guard. If a SZ player has 2 meters and is preparing for a slide then it takes that "surprise factor" away from the slide since the opponent knows it is coming. Nonetheless, good find anyway.

Good point there, but the whole point of using his slide atleast, in my opinion, is for it to be unexpected and catch the opponent off guard. If a SZ player has 2 meters and is preparing for a slide then it takes that "surprise factor" away from the slide since the opponent knows it is coming. Nonetheless, good find anyway.
yeah this is possible after a regular clone too, so you dont have to use exclone. im sure this is widely known though lol slide into clone. real original :p