What's new

Guide - Cryomancer Sub-Zero CRYOMANCER Guide

boba_buster

Noob saibot
What's cryos most damaging meterless combo starting with a 11xxicebal punish? I usually go for the jip 242 run f32throw for 25%
11xxiceball works great on scorpion and ermac teleports

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I think b2 in Cryo combos give the best damage output. So 11 xx ice ball, ji2, b2, run f42 1+3.

Try punishing those teleports with b12. Ermac's recovers a little faster, but it's doable.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
With lag online ermacs is damn near impossible but I been getting good results with the 11
Even scorpion online I have a hard time catching with the b12 , wats te damage dif between 11 and b12?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
For the combo you mentioned, 11 xx ice ball, jip, 242, run 1, f42 1+3 deals 25%, b12 starter deals 31%.

11 xx ice ball, ji2, b2, run f42 1+3 deals 26%, b12 starter deals 32%.

11 xx ice ball, jip, f122, b2, run f42 1+3 deals 28%, b12 start deals 34%.

Not terrible damage. The starter makes more of a difference than the combo itself it seems, but if you care about that extra few%, these are good to know.

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
I don't think Raiden has any mid string overheads. His only scary OH is the double chop, 2 overheads in a row (idk what command this is). I think he might have an OH kick, but I think that knocks down... Or is that Jason?
He has b33 , and b34. First I think is a lo then hi and second is mid then hi?, I just have trouble with these, if not for that I do not find raiden difficult, but with them he is a bitch!, i have lost rounds to him with most of my health I tack and he is Down to less than a third, and starts the mix up of b33 and b34, I get caught up and get beat, he just keeps repeating and repeating,I block lo he starts hi, I then get up and block hi he hits low and this continues, any tech info to suggest. Like those strings you listed above, I have actually used some oth them, for the first one listed, sometimes I shorten it by doing a bf4 just as opponent starts to descend from the launch and slide into the opponent prior to them hitting the floor, just for mix up.

Last edited:

InFlames

dead
What's cryos most damaging meterless combo starting with a 11xxicebal punish? I usually go for the jip 242 run f32throw for 25%
11xxiceball works great on scorpion and ermac teleports
11xxice ball, j2 f122, b2, run f421+3 does the most, but it seems really inconsistent since sometimes the b2 puts them behind you messing up your run input

11xxice ball, j2 f122, 242, run f421+3 also works, think it does 1% less than the first one i mentioned

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
@InFlames I had a similar experience with the b33 starter being pretty impossible. Something about the way f122 spaces because of the starter or the ex ice blast, idk, made b2 send the opponent much further away than normal. Probably usable if you're close-ish to the corner, but not so much otherwise.

What are his max damage combos mid screen/ corner anyway? I can get about 45% with 2 bars either place, but no more than that.

InFlames

dead
@InFlames I had a similar experience with the b33 starter being pretty impossible. Something about the way f122 spaces because of the starter or the ex ice blast, idk, made b2 send the opponent much further away than normal. Probably usable if you're close-ish to the corner, but not so much otherwise.

What are his max damage combos mid screen/ corner anyway? I can get about 45% with 2 bars either place, but no more than that.
j2 b12xxex hammer, b2, run b12xxex hammer, b12xxex ice ball, njp, f421+3 does 48% for 3 bars, not sure how much it is without j2. its really bad but its the most damage he can get I think. b12xxex hammer, b2, run b12xxex hammer, f421+3 seems like a better choice.

idk if you can get anymore in the corner

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
hi, you said u would help when you can, here is a basic question, i am playing cpu hard for 10 days now with a nice win percentage, when i fight raiden, i find him easy to play against except for; he has two normal basic kombos that he hits you with; low then hi and i believe mid then low, how do you kombat this, i have had many rounds heavily won against him with lots of health for me and he is down to less than 1/4 health and he goes into those two mix ups and then cancels into elec fly,and keeps repeating this to win constantly, how should i block this, or is it just guessing, if i stand up and block hi, he hits low and vise versa, and this is the only reason i lose to him, i find him easy to play against except for this, and advise would be appreciated thanks
Basically if they have a string that goes low and then overhead. You block the first hit low and then release down so that your character stands up and that will block the overhead. Same principle if it's an overhead first and then a low. Block high and then hit down and you'll block the low. It takes some practice to get used to.

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Basically if they have a string that goes low and then overhead. You block the first hit low and then release down so that your character stands up and that will block the overhead. Same principle if it's an overhead first and then a low. Block high and then hit down and you'll block the low. It takes some practice to get used to.
Thanks that's what iam doing just need to get used to him mixing it up. Thank you

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I wonder how plus on hit are f42 grab string is now ??
Did they buff it's advantage in general, or just the cancel advantage? My god though, the new damage potential though. I kinda missed what they did to his air hammer too, is that + now?

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
Did they buff it's advantage in general, or just the cancel advantage? My god though, the new damage potential though. I kinda missed what they did to his air hammer too, is that + now?
just safer. -2 now

• Subzero (Cryomancer) - Air Frost Hammer is now -2 on block (down from -8)
  • Subzero (Cryomancer) - Frost Hammer has 31 startup frames (down from 36) and is -9 on block (down from -10)
  • Subzero (Cryomancer) - Increased the hit cancel advantage on 1,1,1 and the damage by 1
  • Subzero (Cryomancer) - Increased the hit cancel advantage on F1,2
  • Subzero (Cryomancer) - Reduced the damage of F4,2,Throw combo by 9
  • Subzero (Cryomancer) - Can now 2in1 cancel out of F4,2,Throw combo

Samsara

Resident Cynic
It appears that 43% one bar is his optimized midscreen damage of his overhead starter:

B2 rc F421+3xxEXDB2 F421+3xxDB2

let me know if what else you guys find.

Also interestingly enough, it appears 111 is a great 7 frame opener for Subby that will scale evenly with his B12 (11 frames) in combos. His whiff punishing game has improved greatly.

It also seems as if you can perform an xray after f421+3 for some easy 50% damage.

B2 rc F421+3xxXRAY

Last edited:

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I posted this vid in the lab thread for Cryo and Unbreakable, but since this is specific to Cryo and some poeple may not go in that thread, i'll post my vid here as well.

This is excellent, I never though of taking advantage of the hardknockdown by following it up with slide... nice work!