What's new

Stream Equip

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
guys, need a list of stuff which we will bring to every tourney and even can stream our casuals when we have get togethers

did we start research on this?

Dreamer any thoughts?

i got a few ideas

dreemernj

Ambassador
SRK has a great post on it:
http://www.shoryuken.com/content.php?r=88-Streaming-and-Recording-Guide-Research

The issue at ECT was the stream needed an RCA input and the laptop UMK3 was running on couldn't do that. Next time I'm in NJ I can drop off a VGA->RCA/S-Video convertor that I have. That will help out in the future.

I have cheap-o video inputs that I can test out on XP SP3 and Win 7 to see if they can be used to live stream on ustream.tv. If they work I can drop one of those off with it.

I started looking into video streaming servers as well. The Adobe Flash Media Server is $4500 so that's out. So I'll be trying out Red5 on my test server to see if it works. If it does we don't have to rely on ustream.tv for this stuff if we don't want to although for scalability we'd probably need that sort of service.

So I guess the main thing is what source do you want to be ready to stream? Is it just a laptop running UMK3? Do you want to be able to do 360 and PS3 as well?

I can find (or already own) the equipment to do that on the cheap. For a more legit system that SRK thread may be the way to go.

Noob
I know that Rob and I have been talking to John(SweetJohnnyCage) about finding out what Seb from frameadvantage uses, and I'll be asking Team Spooky the same thing. That will allow us to capture/stream from basically any source, including the Laptop to TV to cap/stream device.

I think that ustream/justintv is prob. the best way since its the most well known and won't really require us to have our own dedicated ip stream(I think that's how it's done). It's reliable and won't reallly be a problem to use either of them.

I'm already looking into the devices... I know that Seb uses the Hauppauge HD PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder 1212 to capture... I believe it's split from his streaming device directly into that though.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I have a server for it so RAM should be no problem. And that would really be only for things that ustream can't do.

The hauppage 1212 seems like a good one to use. It encodes straight to H.264 which saves on CPU usage but means a litlte extra headache for editting recorded footage. Not a big deal. The Hauppage also takes in component only. So we would need adapters/convertors for a few of the setups.

PS3 and 360 both have component cables right? So it would make them a lot easier.

Noob
yeah, basically the only system we would have to convert would be anything s-video... all others have component/RCA that we can use. So basically a PC with Svid out would need to be run through some version of my "Magic TV"(as Shock has lovingly named it, LOL)... basically input into the TV via Svid and output to the stream via a video output on a TV or a converter of some sort.

dreemernj

Ambassador
yeah, basically the only system we would have to convert would be anything s-video... all others have component/RCA that we can use. So basically a PC with Svid out would need to be run through some version of my "Magic TV"(as Shock has lovingly named it, LOL)... basically input into the TV via Svid and output to the stream via a video output on a TV or a converter of some sort.
I have a VGA to S-video/RCA converter I can donate to the cause (I assume the laptops that will be used have VGA out). But maybe a VGA to Component is the way to go. That would mean the 360, PS3, and computer are all hooking up the same way. And a DVI adapter could probably be added to get DVI-A footage captured as well.

Noob
I don't think that it matters in the case of UMK3. It's not like the game itself is HD. If we wanted to stream some SSFIV casuals or any other HD game then the component would be needed... but for now, I think RCA is just fine for UMK3.

The good part is we'll also be able to self stream the MK2 matches from tournaments and casuals as well.

I'd ultimately like to have either 2 setups so that Shock and Summoning as well as Rob and myself can stream our casuals when we're together plus that means we have dual setups for tournaments... but we'll work all that out in the future.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I was talking to Shock while ECT was going on about how great it would be to have a tournament with 3 game setups. That way the entire time there could be 2 for streaming and 1 for staging.

It'd be possible to keep it to a single video encoder but have a video mixer on the front end. That would let you do some very polished looking streams from multiple games but it wouldn't necessarily be recording all the footage. It would just be recording the stream itself. Just some food for thought.

Noob
yeah, we will have to work on it and I'm sure we can do it... we will work out the pricing and purchasing details once we have all the info we need on exactly what equipment we need.

This is, of course, all dependent on who wants to get this stuff. I know myself, I want the capture/streaming stuff so that I can stream when I'm home and at tournaments.

summoning

i want to buy some top of the line stuff so that anything we do can be streamed , there is alot of interest , there is no reason we shouldnt stream all the mk stuff we do

Noob
I'm just waiting on a few answers about some equipment... once I have the answers, we'll move forward with getting the stuff.

summoning

ok bro let me know , i want to get some really good stuff so we can just use it always
i just dont have the time , but whatever we decide id like to get it fast

summoning

Mike , Shock , Phil

gimme a list of the best stuff so i can just get it, we need to have one set of the best stuff for streams that we all can use/borrow etc

not much i can do from poland :)
itching to play when i get back and i want to get all this stuff ASAP