What's new

Stone Cold's CSZ infinite* damage corner spam trap

Havik

Noob
I don't know if anyone knows this tactic but I was just so happy with the results
I got on multiple online ranked tag team matches. It's pretty simple , it's not like an advanced combo so it's easy to execute. But it is not really infinite, though it is potentially if your opponent does not know what to do. Here is how it works:

First your opponent has to be in the corner and you next to him, and yes you have to be playing as cyber sub zero.

Next , do the string 332. and again. and again. and again the second hit hits low and follows into another high string. If you see your opponent in the crouch block do 34. it hits overhead and in the corner pops up into any string, just make sure it doesnt change position so you can resume 332. and again and again.

After doing this many times I realized where it doesnt work

Any parry(smoke liu kang cyber sub) it
Raidens teleport, (Not enhanced) ( unless he does the superman)
kabals buzzsaw

In this occassions it does work
Kanos xray if you keep doing it (the start up frame for CSZ 33, pierces through his armor before it connects)
(I think jax too)
scorpions teleport
any rushdown if blocked you can can punish,

332 leaves at 1 believe +0. So if you try to go for another 332 the opponent can just jump over you and get a free jp. This only works online rofl.

This isn't anywhere in the neighborhood of an infinite. Semi-decent corner pressure, maybe. Can be avoided by wake-up attacks, jumping, and/or an opponent who isn't an idiot.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
gz. you have discovered an easy low/overhead mixup. It is well known and is a great strategy. If only it would work in midscreen where you randomly shit out bombs instead of doing attacks after a dash.If that is fixed I might take another look at CSZ

Havik

Noob
gz. you have discovered an easy low/overhead mixup. It is well known and is a great strategy. If only it would work in midscreen where you randomly shit out bombs instead of doing attacks after a dash.If that is fixed I might take another look at CSZ
if its in midscreen I start with down+1 to not shit a bomb

Havik

Noob
This isn't anywhere in the neighborhood of an infinite. Semi-decent corner pressure, maybe. Can be avoided by wake-up attacks, jumping, and/or an opponent who isn't an idiot.
no your right I exagerated, it works great on casuals and someone yesterday with a 1085/973 record I'll change the name

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
If you want a corner trap:

JIP, 21 Freeze, (OPTIONAL STARTER), JIP 212+1, HJP, 21+1 34 - Opponent gets planted in grounded animation, giving you a free short bomb, continue with 34.

They must do an x-ray or shielded wake up, and even at that, the wake up timing is tricky after that fall animation.

Altaire

Noob
gz. you have discovered an easy low/overhead mixup. It is well known and is a great strategy. If only it would work in midscreen where I randomly shit out bombs instead of doing attacks after a dash.If that is fixed I might take another look at CSZ
Fixed.

I don't randomly shit out bombs when I dash into 3 3 2 or 3 4. Learn to space out your inputs, or tap up in the middle of your dash to segment the bomb input.

Also, considering how easy it is to fuzzy guard 3 4, I wouldn't say this is a good mixup at all.

Fixed.

I don't randomly shit out bombs when I dash into 3 3 2 or 3 4. Learn to space out your inputs, or tap up in the middle of your dash to segment the bomb input.

Also, considering how easy it is to fuzzy guard 3 4, I wouldn't say this is a good mixup at all.
Yea, not very good against a skilled opponent. And pressing back during the dash animation works for me when trying to dash into a 3 string, although I prefer 2,1 pressure anyway

JIP, 21 Freeze, (OPTIONAL STARTER), JIP 212+1, HJP, 21+1 34 - Opponent gets planted in grounded animation, giving you a free short bomb, continue with 34.

They must do an x-ray or shielded wake up, and even at that, the wake up timing is tricky after that fall animation.
Anyone have a good combo to use if they block and eat the bomb? I've got a good one for if they take the 3,4 but the bomb hit option is stumping me atm.

Piggy

City Slicker

I also would suggest as a mix up, because I get people who block high, JIP B3 2... 3 4, 3 4, slide