What's new

Tech Still wanna be a hero? The Deathstroke strategy/matchups/combo thread

deathstroke might be the first zoner I will play in a fighting game. there just isnt another character that looks good to me. so Ill have to either go with deathstroke or tier whore for the top 3 in the game.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
After briefly playing as him yesterday, Hes my new main. so so much fun to play him. the Rifle being mid will be very useful.......I just need to be on a pad and get used to his sword combos then I am down for the Slade army.

So I'm guessing this scenario will be pretty damn common: we activate the trait, rape the opponent, and they end up a fullscreen away when it runs out.

What's a Deathstroke player gonna do in the 4 seconds of trait recovery? The way I see it the opponent is free to approach us and we just gotta deal with it.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So I'm guessing this scenario will be pretty damn common: we activate the trait, rape the opponent, and they end up a fullscreen away when it runs out.

What's a Deathstroke player gonna do in the 4 seconds of trait recovery? The way I see it the opponent is free to approach us and we just gotta deal with it.
Block. 4 seconds really isn't that long, especially if all you're eating is chip damage. If your unblockable assault was successful and you're opponent is full-screen, odds are you have the life lead anyway. You can also be ready to anti-air with his Sword Flip and meter it into a 40% combo. Also, his super goes full screen, has super armor, and isn't a gun attack, so if you've got the meter that can be a very good option to keep your opponent in check.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Also its not like his footsie is going to be bad. He has a low combo starter good range on the standard sword combo just because you cannot fire for a few seconds its no big deal. He has plenty of stuff. Also the sword spin can knock the enemy back quite far. Can't wait to play him again.

This morning i played my worst matchups i could face. And i found it a good learning expierence.
1. Perfect timing is critical when using your weapons. Learn the timing, and learn when to use your quick shots, low suick shots and machine gun
2. he has some good potential up close. he also has 50/50 moves when you get up close to keep your opponent guessing. Use your Back light, Up medium, to get those combos out and when they start getting wise to you becaue this move hits low start to use your over head and follow with a combo from there as well.
3. Use slicing moon which is simply the hard punch, it covers good range and has a follow-up that leads into a launch. the second hit is safe, so it is ideal to use to poke in sweep range. it can also be used as a wiff punisher or to annoy opponents simply because if its good range. The follow up is Medium.

Thoughts?

in alll haveing some nasty mix ups with a strong keep away game makes him dangerous and an all around dangerous character