What's new

Still haven't got it.....

I wasn't planning on buying Injustice on release because I would be busy with big tests and short on money, but was super hyped over the game anyway. As time passed I've sort of lost interest though, even though I got a great amount of time from MK.

Has Injustice lived up to your expectations? Is the online better than MK? I haven't been watching/keeping up to date with much going on around the game and I'm starting to consider if I should bother buying it at all :confused:.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Soon this thread may be flooded with some opinions. Some of these opinions may be influenced heavily by recent patching decisions that may or may not be fixed int he future.

I like Comics. I like Fighters. It's comic book fighter. I like it.
Gameplay is fun.
Online... other people are a better judge of online.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
It was a good game. Don't let people come in here and downplay the online. It's really not that bad. It is better than MK and you can learn and level up from it. Is the game worth getting now? For you it is. You haven't been exposed to ridiculous patches, so if you do purchase the game don't get attatched to certain characters because a few more patches are coming.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Awesome game and lots of fun, online mode is not as good as other recent fighters though with the input delay.

Sorry did not mean to quote you bro.
No worries.

Hayes9391 Probably don't take to much of what people say about the patches to your decision, because it's really not that bad, and it won't even make a difference to you because you won't know the difference.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
False. If you end up maining a good character there is the possibility he will get nerfed and not be as good. Which will make winning a struggle. This shouldn't affect your decision in buying the game though. If you like comics it's a win win. Just have fun with it before you commit to a character.

Thanks for the response, I think I'll go ahead and get it.....it's a long summer, might aswell have a new game for the evenings :).

I am pleasantly surprised to read a whole string of posts that are so positive. This place is cleaning up rather nicely! I concur with the above statements. The game is fun at all levels of play, and even fun to watch other people play (I'm looking at you, Tekken :/) PS: stay away from the MKO site, they are the biggest bunch of DebbieDowners I've run into in a long time. :)

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I absolutely abhor playing online. IGAU's netcode is better than Marvels, but trying to rush down online is miserable unless I'm spamming staff d1.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
If you actually will put the time into the game and learn the ins and out, its amazing

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
Don't buy it. After playing the game, you will be constantly plagued with dreams that NetherRealm Studios will finally pursue the Holy Grail of fighting games and create Marvel vs DC with a combo system that blends InJustice and Tekken.

But seriously it is an awesome game to play alone or with friends and I love it. Getting used to the fight system itself takes a few matches, but soon the pace will pick up and you'll hardly notice that Superman glides like a 70 year old.

Playing online with people can be fun, but be prepared to chase 60% of you opponents around because they are being "strategic". As long as you can keep a cool head and remember that nobody cares if you're #1, you'll be alright.

It's OK, not amazing, but not awful either. They've fixed a few of the problems that i've had with it, so over time it's getting better. I give it a C+ for now.
Story mode is pretty short and kindof a dumb story IMO
S.T.A.R. Labs is OK, a couple of the missions are fun, but most are unnecessary minigames that are more annoying than anything.
Online is the same as MK: if you and your opponent have good internet, then it'll be fine, if either of you doesnt then you will be crying like 90% of the people who complain about it.
Practice mode is really really good.
Battles (ladder) are OK. most of the gimmicky ones are too easy. Max difficulty is annoying because as soon as you press a button it auto-inputs a faster move with more priority from the computer. if you dont really do anything and wait to punish it wont do anything. you win by doing repetitive spammy shit that doesnt work against humans.
archives (kinda like the krypt/nekropolis) are pretty nifty. I love the concept art and some of the alt costumes, but it seems more impressive than the game itself, which to me is problematic.
In terms of fun, MK is better IMO.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
It's ok. But I run into more obnoxious people playing this than I ever have in CoD. Keep that in mind. But as a game, it's..ok.
I know what you mean... I was thoroughly shocked as well. I have never really run into anyone too obnoxious in MK. I play CoD a lot... and as you probably know there are a lot of annoying children who clearly had horrible parents so the act out... but Injustice is just... yeah... the worst in terms of player base. Seems like I cant get into a KOTH without annoying people. The game is OK at best. I still love it... but to be honest it is kind of more of the same. It wouldn't hurt to put it off until the games price drops a little.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
At this point, the only thing I like more about MK is that I like the MK characters more as I've never been a comic book guy

This game is awesome in everyway including online. While online is not perfect, the way the game works allows you to do punishes, anti-air etc If you love MK and are willing to give something different a chance (this game is a LOT different, from dashing to how to the anti-air game works to the stages) then this game is for you