What's new

Stick Layout

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I just wanted to post my layout for anyone looking to use a stick. I use Hitbox but this layout will work for any 8-button stick. Enjoy!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Mine is
1 2 B K
3 4 S T

I prefer the Kameo button in the top-right corner so that it’s easy to rest my pinky on it for combos.
That's how I was using mine but I kept missing my FB input lol. It took some getting used to, but now I'm good using my pinky on the bottom right for Kameo.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Code:
1, 2, 3, K
T, 4, B, S
I use this on hitBox... but I am currently making my own hitbox and it will look like this...

ItsOri

Noob
12BK
34TS

I’m a little salty because in previous mk games I used to use the attack buttons on 1234 top row and my thumb on block BTKS in the bottom row, but in this game I need one finger to be able to access kameo independently of what any other finger is doing, so I had to switch. Doesn’t feel as immersive but feels more efficient.

Jynks

Anyone see this crazy thing? Wonder if this would work for fighting games

could have 1,2,3,4 at the top and just press down with your palm to block. .lol

Last edited:
12BK
34TS

I’m a little salty because in previous mk games I used to use the attack buttons on 1234 top row and my thumb on block BTKS in the bottom row, but in this game I need one finger to be able to access kameo independently of what any other finger is doing, so I had to switch. Doesn’t feel as immersive but feels more efficient.
I tried this at first, but having to contort my hands for fatal blow was annoying. Likewise, for assists that have "hold" modifiers (eg cryax copter), it was physically uncomfortable for my pinky.

Jynks

Yeah, I would agree that with a stick layout you need B and S to be easy to press.

?, ?, ?, ?
?. ?, B, S

?, ?, B, S
?, ?, ?, ?

?, ?, ?, ?
B, ? ?, S

?, ?, ?, ?
?, B, ?, S

etc etc

Last edited:

Xentex

Noob
I use:

1 2 B T
3 4 K S

My theory is I need to be able to comfortably hit B at the same time as 1,2,3 & 4, and the most comfortable thing for that (for my hands) is with the B on the ring finger, upper row. My pinky is the weakest and probably slowest, so that gets duty where it doesn't have to change keys much (naturally rests on T) and when it does have to shift it's never an "on reaction" kind of thing.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I used a Hitbox cross up, and it lets you reconfig the buttons, so I have 2 buttons that work for blow.

So I have

1 B 2 K
3 B 4 T

It makes it so much easier to block or ex moves.
Honestly game changing IMO.

I really wish NRS would allow you to do it in the base game, as I would rather use my snackbox mini over a Crossup.

Jynks

I agree.. would be great if you could assign secondary buttons to any move.

Jynks

my final layout for me custom stick...

A small change here is the inclusion of the PS5 Track Pad Press button. (purple) but the main difference here is that I have placed the "block" button on LT. Due to the extra Block Buttons this is kinda hardwired. As if I reassign block in game, it reassigns the thumb buttons. Originally I was planning on putting it on RB or RT, to make it more compatible with friends coming over, but eventually decided that the entire point was to use the thumbs to block and super. Putting it at LT means the "hardest" button to press is stuck and all the other buttons can be reassigned at will.

BLUE
  • 100% Standard HitBox Layout. No changes of any kind.
RED+Yellow
  • 100% Hitbox Layout, simply moved to the left. No other changes.
Pink
  • Extra Up buttons.
  • 1 turns the hitbox into a "mixbox" style layout which I really like over Hitbox
  • the 2nd up on the left is so this box can still do proper 360 and 720s.
Green
  • These are the two THUMB STICK PRESS Buttons
Purple
  • This is the PS5 TRACKPAD PRESS Button
Orange
  • This is a combined button to do a Fatal Blow in one button
  • This is NOT LEGAL at Evo and many other majors. Most events, including EVO, allow more than one button doing the same thing, but not shortcut multi-buttons. This will be wired using those plugin buttons so I can easily disconnect them if I want to.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I’m using:
1 2 Block SS
3 4 Kameo Throw

I find having Kameo accessible with my ring finger easier, and fatal being next to each other is also good.