What's new

SSF4 new DLC characters

Solo

Shadow Priest
I'm pretty sure most of you know about this already.

A scan of the arcade flyer for Super Street Fighter 4's arcade release may be hinting at new characters being added to the game, as the text "Here comes new challengers?!" is shown near the bottom.

Ryan "Gootecks" Gutierrez posted back in May back in May that he heard from a "strong source" downloadable content (DLC) characters would be added to SSF4.

Capcom's Yoshinori Ono has made statements saying it's possible from a technological standpoint as well.

Super Street Fighter 4arcade location tests arcade location tests start this weekend in Japan, and we should know fairly early on if any new characters are added to the roster.

Now here is hope for Charlie,Rolento and Elena.

Edit!! http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5499/rioteer.png

I stole this from SF4 forums.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Curious guys, I just have SF4 not SSF4 why couldn't Capcom just have DLC(the characters in SSF4 for SF4 as add ons) instead of creating another game?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Having it as DLC would restrict the game to people who have internet access. There are people who own a current-gen console, but do not have internet.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I guess that makes sense but they could have just made SF4 game with everyone lol besides, majority have some kind of internet now. Not all but most(usually) I guess it just seems shocking to me because most games these days just work that way you know?

Then again it is Capcom and they've been known to make lots of revisions in general.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Nobody cares about those people. They can get the damned Internet or take their console to someone's house or a library, it's 2010.

Why add Charlie? What a stupid character. I don't care about little differences, that is Guile with even stupider hair.
Alex could be a strong character though. I always liked him in 3s, and if he is anything like Abel, he could wreck some shit.

If I have to sit through this damned game for hours on end just to watch a handful of matches of games that I like on a stream, I gladly welcome any new content. Especially if they will actually make an appearance at tourneys.
Oh shit, I have a new main! jk :D

Nice post, Solo.

RoGE

Noob
Nobody cares about those people. They can get the damned Internet or take their console to someone's house or a library, it's 2010.
AMEN! I also hope they improve the netcode.

Hmm... I wonder how these characters will translate to the SF4 engine.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I was told it was fake. I don't really know, but......

I love new costumes, but having to pay for them is so beyond retarded it's annoying. God damn greedy mother fuckers.

Noob
I remember reading that Elena "Just missed the cut" for SSF4 and Rolento is like one of Ono's favorite characters...and he would also make sense as he would round out the Final Fight cast(minus Sodom) and also the SF Alpha cast.