What's new

General/Other Speedster Changes 1.08

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Hey players the patch just got dropped mere minutes ago. Direct Link http://www.injustice.com/en/news/injustice-patch-106-release-notes

And here's the juice.

Flash
· Improved the hit box on the Flying Uppercut special move.
· Slightly increased damage scaling.
· His crouching Medium attack now has a block advantage of -11 (down from +1) and has increased recovery frames when it misses.
· His Speed Zone super move now performs 34.5% damage (down from 38.5%)
· Fixed an issue that allowed Flash’s Flying Uppercut to pass through some characters without dealing any damage.
· Fixed an issue where interrupting the Time Loop (character power) would sometimes result in the background color staying corrupted.

Barry got nerfed just a tad with what is a d2 nerf. Which means all frame traps involving d2 will have to be cancelled into Lighting Kick from now on (might play a mind game with backdashing a punish with LK Back Dash Cancel) or RMS cancelling (not sure about this one).

He will probably do about 5% less damage on trait combos and about 3% on his other bnb's with the scaling nerf and super got a slight damage nerf.

Flying Uppercut buffs! We could speculate that we now have a 6 frame wake up/reversal that hits consistently, and we could probably start anti airing with FU (Flying Uppercut) will find more tech for this move.

A fix with trait screwing up the background has been fixed and other than that no other listed changes.

Overall Flash will remain mostly the same with being a beastly whiff punisher with his charge and amazing 50/50 mix ups for anywhere on the screen. We will however have to compensate for the d2 nerf and learn new frame traps BUT hey, we are still safe on almost everything we do so we didn't get hit too hard. In fact not many characters did.

Zyphox
AK Harold
SaJa
Xenrail
SAREDODEVIL
SEV
FCP/EMP SCAR
EMPEROR_THEO
AYSAMO
LEGEND
Hellion_96
NoobHunter420

Discuss and tag more players on what you think about the changes, personally I believe Flash will remain one of the better characters after the patch.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
They fixed the glitch with the flying upercut, but it's the same issue with lightning charge and RMS charge..
Will b22f3 bf2 MB be viable on on block ?..

It's not a buff but a fix, now we won't whiff it.

BoricuaHeat

They fixed the glitch with the flying upercut, but it's the same issue with lightning charge and RMS charge..

It's not a buff but a fix, now we won't whiff it.
Might as well consider it a buff with the hit box improvement bro. And Flash has so many moves that whiff I just consider it a buff when they get the moves to hit the opponent now.

Wonder if D2XX RMS> B,B> Backdash would keep him safe from most punishers.

Input buffering fix is just groovy. Makes it much easier to use LC to punish stuff.

BoricuaHeat

Wonder if D2XX RMS> B,B> Backdash would keep him safe from most punishers.

Input buffering fix is just groovy. Makes it much easier to use LC to punish stuff.
Just D2XX LK> B,B> Backdash should be enough. That's gonna be to much fun to bait and punish.

Just D2XX LK> B,B> Backdash should be enough. That's gonna be to much fun to bait and punish.
But with D2XX RMS, BB, you get to confirm from there whether you hit or not. On hit, you can still do the full b22, RMSC, 11, b223 LC combo. On block, you back dash to safety.

With D2XX LK Hold, I don't think you can do much if your D2 hit.

BoricuaHeat

But with D2XX RMS, BB, you get to confirm from there whether you hit or not. On hit, you can still do the full b22, RMSC, 11, b223 LC combo. On block, you back dash to safety.

With D2XX LK Hold, I don't think you can do much if your D2 hit.
D2 dash cancel from lighting kick as of today can net you the combo too! d2 dash cancel 11, b22f3, LC. Timing is awkward but its there. Check out Perfect Legends Stream, Zyphox is playing with his Flash its sick!

Yeah, I have been so behind on tech anyways. So I just have to upgrade a few more things in my game, and I think Flash will still be pretty strong.

BoricuaHeat

Yeah, I have been so behind on tech anyways. So I just have to upgrade a few more things in my game, and I think Flash will still be pretty strong.
I have been behind on trying to play the game lol college. Flash will be on everyone's radar eventually as well.

But I wants that pot bonus man!!! Also, in all honesty, just want to show the rest of the community that AK is top notch at this game. Top 32 16 8 is nice but saying you just took the tournament is unmatched.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I can understand the trait combos scaling, but why regular combos l0l
·"Slightly increased damage scaling" BA's nerf has the same wording, I can't imagine NRS leaving BA with 45% combos.
I have the feeling that flash will lose more than 5% damage.

So I wonder if people will start going with other chars like Flash and Batgirl when the patch drops?
I feel like you shouldn't be pairing those two. We got nerfed, she got buffed. Whether the community realizes how big of a nerf we got should be irrelevant. I would hope that the flash community does not explode. Most top tiers are still just as viable.

Abbneto

God's only man, spared by the Butcher.
I feel like you shouldn't be pairing those two. We got nerfed, she got buffed. Whether the community realizes how big of a nerf we got should be irrelevant. I would hope that the flash community does not explode. Most top tiers are still just as viable.
Batgirl has a vortex and 53% easy corner combos. Damage remains untouched? They def shouldn't get compared.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
Fair enough

PaYizT

Say it with your chest .
Damn i really hope flash is still able to do his 50% plus trait combos , i recently started to learn does damn combos i had trouble with them also i believe thats what makes flash stand out from the cast i really hope he doesnt loose his big damage.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Flash was the only character that had a d2 that was + on block, so it kinda had to go. Otherwise yeah yay for FU