What's new

Special Stream Event: Canada Cup Donation Drive Featuring Mortal Kombat X!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
So as you probably know, tomorrow is my 25th birthday. However, rather than celebrate it for myself, I'm going to use it as an opportunity for a special donation drive.

...except the donations won't be used for my sake.

You probably know the story already, but if you don't, let me provide a quick recollection. For myself and a handful of my teammates, our travel plans were compromised due to our inability to make our first flight for EVO 2015. So I sacrificed the last of my CEO 2015 winnings as well as my spot in the bracket to let @YOMI RM SaltFace go in my stead, and then I got lucky enough to go anyway, due to the sheer generosity of Yomi Gaming's CEO, @YOMI Reno_Racks. For that, I owe him much.

But in the scramble to fix everything, Austin Witcher (@YOMI RM Glass Sword) and Joel Rosario (YOMI Joel) were still unable to make it because their Ultra SF4 pools were on Friday morning and they would not be there at that time. This pains me, as I would have hoped to expend more funds to help them as I did SaltFace, but I did not have enough to satisfy this requirement. And if you're like me and you practically thrive off the FGC, you know how monumental EVO's existence is to us, and why we LIVE to go there once a year.

I'm afraid I can't send them to another event like EVO since, as already stated, it happens once a year. But what I hope to achieve is to send them to an event of similar proportions, where they can prove their worth for Ultra Street Fighter 4 and Mortal Kombat X, games that both Glass Sword and Joel strive to excel at.

To this end, I am hosting an all-day donation stream on their behalf.

We will host gameplay for Mortal Kombat X, Killer Instinct, and POSSIBLY the beta for Street Fighter V (if that becomes playable tomorrow). We will have as much offline competition as possible from the Georgia scene, including myself, but if we can find some time we will be sure to include those of you who'd like to face us online. Sadly, I can only host the stream via console since the initial PC setup is out of commission for now.

All donations acquired throughout the duration of the stream will go towards covering the hotel, travel, and venue fees for Joel and Glass Sword, so that they can attend Canada Cup. And if necessary, this drive will remain open via future streams on my channel until the goal is met. I have yet to work out what that goal is exactly, but I will look into how much will be necessary.

The channel for the stream is http://www.twitch.tv/gamerblake90. We will start it at a time that accommodates all four time zones in the USA, so I'm sure we'll get it started during early afternoon hours since we're stationed in the Eastern Time Zone.

How can you donate? Simple: below the stream window at my page is a Paypal panel. Clicking that takes you to a page where you can submit your donation. Obviously you will require a Paypal account to do this. You are free to send in any amount you choose.

If you cannot donate or you choose not to, don't feel bad, we'll work to meet the goal somehow. I would ask you nonetheless to help in spreading the word to as many FGC players as possible, whether it's through Twitter, Facebook, forums, etc.

Again, none of the donations are for my personal use. They are to the benefit of two of my friends who are disheartened by their misfortune in missing EVO, and I want to do whatever I can to help make that up to them.

I can't do this alone, though. As much as I hate asking, help will be needed.

To learn more about Canada Cup 2015, please go to this page.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: While this stream is being held at the venue for Yomi Gaming, Yomi itself is in no way affiliated with the initiative for this donation drive. This is being conducted by my hand and mine alone, because I WANT to do this for my friends.

Attachments

Last edited:

Justice

Noob
I would like to see you included in this Blake. It would be awesome to have as many Yomi guys in Toronto as we can get :D

On a personal note, I'm still bitter about not meeting you at EVO two years ago and would love the opportunity to hang with you a little and maybe get some games in too.

I'll be watching and good luck with the stream!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Tell them to get a job. And that I said good luck.
...they HAVE jobs. Don't make wild assumptions. I'm doing this for them because I want to.

Anyway -

The Canada Cup Donation Drive for YOMI Joel and YOMI RM Glass Sword is live on stream now! Starting the day off with Killer Instinct, to be followed later in the day with Mortal Kombat X!

Remember, this is an all-day stream. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/gamerblake90