What's new

Special Patch Review Stream Tuesday at 11pm Est/8pm PST w/ Tom Brady, Big D, PND Ketchup & More

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
LOL, he most certainly was.
Absolutely not. The only significant change was his d1 which is now full combo punishable by the characters in which he needed to use it against. The block infinites against him are now a thing of the past, these were not intentional and have been normalized so quan is able to play a fairly well balanced game. No buff there just changes

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Absolutely not. The only significant change was his d1 which is now full combo punishable by the characters in which he needed to use it against. The block infinites against him are now a thing of the past, these were not intentional and have been normalized so quan is able to play a fairly well balanced game. No buff there just changes
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the characters who were able to block infinite QC were fixed to no longer be able to, and if that is the case then it would make the new D1 a luxury buff, not a necessity, since he can't be block infinite against anymore regardless of the change. Is there anyone left that can still block infinite QC if he didn't have the D1 Buff? If so who and with what?

The Highlander

There can be only one
Even ignoring the fact that his d1 was most certainly a buff as it became one of the fastest mids in the game (-9 isn't even punishable by some of the cast), he also got a hard knockdown scoop in warlock, ie. a buff...

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the characters who were able to block infinite QC were fixed to no longer be able to, and if that is the case then it would make the new D1 a luxury buff, not a necessity, since he can't be block infinite against anymore regardless of the change. Is there anyone left that can still block infinite QC if he didn't have the D1 Buff? If so who and with what?
All block infinites have been removed. As d1 stands now it is just as useless as before and doesn't serve it's intended purpose to stop pressure. D3 is still a better option

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@Pig Of The Hut I heard you say a few times that kenshi at his current state (pre-patch) could get you into losers top 8 if you sneak through some easy pools. Do you think that if kenshi were to get some proper buffs and a few more tools and tweaks that put him in top 5/10 character range that you could become a top 5 player? I'm just wondering if thats what really creates a thorn in your side, since these tournaments are money, and by having kenshi so shit teir nrs is indirectly taking money out of your pocket.
I think I'm held back by being a 100% character loyalist because I don't enjoy using any other character in this game

To answer your "if buffed question" yes

I don't look at it as NRS taking money, thAts incorrect. I look at it as "this character has no chance past sneaking into a losers top 8 and then meeting his masters (top tier) and getting rekt" and for that reason it's absolutely stupid for me to continue dishing $$& out, taking off work and losing for the entertainment of stream trolls and those that want to see me lose due to jealousy

These days are great days to be a pig hater

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
All block infinites have been removed. As d1 stands now it is just as useless as before and doesn't serve it's intended purpose to stop pressure. D3 is still a better option
Why is this the case? Because of the negative block frames? I don't think any 6f mid can be useless though, but maybe not as good as advertised.

How would u feel if my ex df1 OH launcher In kenjutsu was +14 or my ex db4 in possessed was +14?

Honest question
This is MKX. I see no reason why he shouldn't have those things.

i don't think they will change weak kenshi anymore! but they really need to make his high bf3 in balanced a mid! not just one whiff and get wide open!
it would be better to have opponent standing after landing bf3 (im not talking about combos) with advantage then meter building, fuck meter building!

and much faster startup on db4
EDIT: not to mention bf2 low range!! (ex bf2 needs some range)