What's new

Combo List - Sonya Blade Sonya Blade Combo Thread

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Is anyone ending corner combos with 12 12 12 124 for hard knockdown? The military stance throw can be tech rolled or does it matter?

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Is anyone ending corner combos with 12 12 12 124 for hard knockdown? The military stance throw can be tech rolled or does it matter?
My issue with 12 12 12 124 at the end of corner combos is that you can literally do 12 12 12 2134 and you do 1% more damage and still have enough time to block whatever wakeup they throw at you

*Please note, that I'm only speaking from experience using SF...So I have no clue if 124 is the only option available for you when you are doing MS juggle combos in the corner unfortunately =[

Blackburry

Buffs needs buffs
That string that ends with U4 is also a good one. I'm not home to check the exact inputs but I'm sure you could find it as it is the only one that ends with U4. It's also a good combo ender if you are mid screen and trying to push your opponent to the corner.
I more so meant strings to use at neutral, not combos. Like mores that can be thrown out that are good.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
A useful combo that gives you a hard Knockdown and forces your opponent to wake-up or block the 50/50 from B2 or B3 setups is,

B332 MS2 JI1 F2 B1

Not only are you in range for a B2 from knockdown distance, you can also run cancel for a B33, or Jump Back instant air dive kick. The dive kick hits at the player legs which in my experience, tends to make it less punishable on block. But I think that needs to be tested more.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
that happens 2011. i was day one sonya main and i remember it haha
I don't know how long that will last.. Because I am stomping people in ranked with 170-5, 230-10, 200-20 records left and right with Sonya. I don't think she will be a secret for long. I have a feeling we might even see some of her high level play today at Northwest Majors.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
People will learn how to block better with practice sure, but it opens up more mix-up opportunities for MS 1 for those able to block. It's also highly readable for you to choose when to grab vs going for 50/50 high/low mix-up. Armoring through her B3 and B1 cancels might be worth players practicing for punishes.

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
Fought a player who backdashed after b1 making the follow up (b14) whiff unsure if he could punish because of the back dash frames but could be something to deal with her mix ups.

lslick

Fought a player who backdashed after b1 making the follow up (b14) whiff unsure if he could punish because of the back dash frames but could be something to deal with her mix ups.
I tested it out...You can't punish her if you decide to backdash...If she does the B14 string midscreen and you backdash, there is a lot of space between you and her...If she does the B14 string with you in the corner and you backdash, she can block. Interesting note however, if you know she is going to block right away, you can do a throw since that's your furthest reaching move that can't be blocked. Another interesting note, if she opts to backdash after your backdash in the corner, you can ex arc kick to hit her backdash. The timing is kinda of strict but you can punish her backdash in this situation due to you not traveling when you do your backdash. I hope this makes sense

Is there a reason to end a combo in anything but 124, 1234, 21u4 or (123/f2)-bf4? The first three get you jump-ins. MS1 is good damage but your jumpin is'nt as good and it's harder to do.

Reactions: jmt

lslick

Is there a reason to end a combo in anything but 124, 1234, 21u4 or (123/f2)-bf4? The first three get you jump-ins. MS1 is good damage but your jumpin is'nt as good and it's harder to do.
Well if you want to keep corner pressure, you can't use the BF4 ender cause you would take them out of the corner. 2134 and 21U4 offer the most damage ender of all of them. 124 does the least amount of damage of all of them. MS1 can be tacked on at the end of a lot of combos and you 1-2% less damage than the 2134 and 21U4 ender. And the MS1 ender is a lot easier to land in a lot of the situations at least in my eyes.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Damn, same combos i got for CovertOps.. When are wen gonna find 35%+ meterless.guess we gotta rely on EXthrow 50/50 for extra damage

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
I don't know how long that will last.. Because I am stomping people in ranked with 170-5, 230-10, 200-20 records left and right with Sonya. I don't think she will be a secret for long. I have a feeling we might even see some of her high level play today at Northwest Majors.
Eventhough that may be the case, do not forget that the hate for Sonya overall is very strong in this game. When people find out she is good AGAIN (especially those in the camp of "Sonya is a wasted slot in MKX") the salt shaker will be broken open.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
Here is a demo of how deadly Sonya can be with full meter. This is a 52% X-ray that ends with a hard knockdown.

Hey, I noticed a few things off in the main post...

b33u4, 12, 12, 12, 124 = 27%
This combo should be listed as a corner combo (all variations)

b33212, ex df1, run ~ 124 (33%)
b33212, ex df1, run ~ 21u4 (34%)
b33212, ex df1, run ~ 213, bf4 (36%)

These combos are coded as "Special Forces" but should be "Demolition" (I was going crazy trying to figure out the df1 move in Special Forces :confused:)

Aside from that, everything there has been super helpful. I'm currently in the lab working on a few setups and combos for Special Forces, and I've been trying to incorporate her b2 launcher, something I haven't seen much of in her combo listings. From what I can tell it's fairly useless outside of jump-in attacks/divekicks (possibly punishes, I haven't tested it yet), but you can plug it in after Low Kamikaze and easily connect with 21u4 or 2134 easily without the need for a run cancel. So essentially:

b332~Low Kamikaze, b4, 2134, Call Drone = 29% (larger window to call drone, less corner carry)
b332~Low Kamikaze, b4, 21u4, Call Drone = 30% (smaller window to call drone, more corner carry)

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Hi. I'm hopping on the Demolition Sonya train! As a Cyrax MK9 main, this Sonya variation looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! So far Jacqui is my main and I'm looking to pick up a good secondary.

I still miss my yellow robot friend.