What's new

Combo List - Sonya Blade Sonya Blade Combo Thread

Your question isn't stupid. If you are more specific with your question people will be able to help you better though. Are you having issues with inputting the drone command ie. doing the string and the drone action not happening?
Sorry. I didn't elaborate. I meant when trying to do the inputs, the input for Low Kamikaze does nothing at all. I've tried buffering into it or what have you, but the drone just sits there looking at me. Is it a timing issue or something I'm doing wrong?

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
Sorry. I didn't elaborate. I meant when trying to do the inputs, the input for Low Kamikaze does nothing at all. I've tried buffering into it or what have you, but the drone just sits there looking at me. Is it a timing issue or something I'm doing wrong?
To cancel from her b332, you do the low kamikaze input after she finishes her 2nd punch from the 2.
To cancel from her b14, you do the low kamikaze input as soon as you see the 4 hit.

Don't mash it, because the input window is stricter than most of her other cancels. And of course, practice it until it's muscle and visual memory.

any tips on how to connect the 1,2 perfect so that it pops up the opponent to get two more 1,2's ? i can't find the right spot and it frustrates me

maybe i'm a little late but now.. after 3 weeks of playing sonya.. i can't do her combos anymore lol
is there a visual clue or other advice to always land 3x 1,2 after the cartwheel ? it seems to be so random for me and i can't see what i'm doing wrong.. most of the time the second punch of the 1,2 whiffs and when i wait just a little longer the opponnent doesn't pop up high enough

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
maybe i'm a little late but now.. after 3 weeks of playing sonya.. i can't do her combos anymore lol
is there a visual clue or other advice to always land 3x 1,2 after the cartwheel ? it seems to be so random for me and i can't see what i'm doing wrong.. most of the time the second punch of the 1,2 whiffs and when i wait just a little longer the opponnent doesn't pop up high enough
corner?

mid-screen.. like jip, divekick, b+3,3,2, cartwheel, 1,2, 1,2, 1,2,1 xx leg grab or 1,2 1,2 1,2 throw for example
still searching for the highest damage against female characters

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
mid-screen.. like jip, divekick, b+3,3,2, cartwheel, 1,2, 1,2, 1,2,1 xx leg grab or 1,2 1,2 1,2 throw for example
still searching for the highest damage against female characters
ah right. I just do 12, 124 because I'm an online warrior, but I find that you usually want to hit them quite low with 12, because it juggles weirdly.

Thought people knew about divekick after parry already? I use it all the time.

Anyway, regarding the 12, 12, 121 leg grab juggle after cartwheel midscreen, Make sure you move forward far enough with walking after the cartwheel, and make sure you run far enough for the first juggle. If I don't think I ran far enough / cancelled to early, I just do 121 leg grab instead of trying for the additional juggle. Mostly because getting blown up for dropping it instead of taking the guaranteed damage sucks.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Two more BnB options...

But my favorite new thing to do is cutting out the second run in the BnB and ending in 2,1,3,4 with enough run meter to run and literally push your opponents splat body into the corner for all types of baiting shenanigans.

Thanks to @scarsunseen for her corner combo. I used a simplified version for consistency. Can squeeze two jip's in there for fanciness, but it scales giving you the same damage.