What's new

Match Footage - Sub-Zero SonicFox Debuts his Cryomancer

Ice Hammer is -4 I believe or it was pre patch.

They also made frost bomb safe, not sure why tbh. Complete with mobility via whiffing slides Sub Zero is a good character.

Of everything I saw people wanting buffed with Cryo. Faster Strings (he got one) making the ice sword plunge an overhead again, 2 hits of armor on ice hammer or faster start up. Adding a command grab and giving it upwards of 9 ticks wouldn't have been something I'd personally have gone with.

Then again it wasn't up to me. The Cryo Community should be ecstatic

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
No he wasnt. Now he can actually start an offense
his mobility, insane j1, 50/50s and gimmicks allowed him to start an offense just fine, witch was always followed by a good 40 to 45 percent of life bar gone and hard knockdown.

besides, sub zero's b2 is braindead and they decided that it didn't need a nerf for some reason.

he was fine.

Santa_Destroyer

Blood n' cigs' PSN: Santa_Destroyer
it's like the only two characters in this game who aren't allowed to be good are sub zero and scorpion. WHen biohazard does this exact same thing to people with F/T they go ooh, that's hype. You go girl.
You got a point there, f/t was kinda bonkers prepatch, dunno about him now.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
his mobility, insane j1, 50/50s and gimmicks allowed him to start an offense just fine, witch was always followed by a good 40 to 45 percent of life bar gone and hard knockdown.

besides, sub zero's b2 is braindead and they decided that it didn't need a nerf for some reason.

he was fine.
I think you're really overestimating those things in comparison to what the other mkx characters could do but I like you so I'll just agree to disagree.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

he was fine.
First of all, Grandmaster has all of those things. And the problem was that Cryo was just plain worse at all of them.

40%+ for 1 bar might sound good on paper, but if you had to get that damage from mids and highs that had median frames of anywhere between -3 to -9 on block, you would be calling bullshit on people telling you can open people up with such normals.

And about that overhead, it's still -13 on block with no clone to shield it in Cryo. On top of that, getting optimal damage from it midscreen is now extremely finicky due to variable hit reactions on crouching opponents (y'know, the entire reason you would want to check someone with an overhead in the first place?) between different characters making it impractical, if not outright impossible, to follow up with F42 Grab.

For the record, I'm not trying to downplay, and take this all from me as someone who isn't even a Sub main, I think Cryo is a very good variation now, but when it was failing to do its job, that being to provide alternative offense to Grandmaster without relying on the presence of clone, to say "it was already fine" is just flat out logistically wrong.