What's new

Sonic Fox's Buff List

mrapchem

Noob
He wants Baraka's and Johnny Cage's F44 strings to be special cancelable....aye aye yay.....

I mean, that buff would make them even more fun than they already are, but would make them both super dumb.

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
I said this about Kolletor in the Aug. patch, but D'vorah does not need to be buffed!

Except Kreepy Krawler. I mean she doesn't need universal buffs.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
"If these characters at the bottom tier are buffed inappropriately, they're broken."
I'm glad Sonic understands just how damn close in viability the different tiers of this game are.

"For all the characters that have a move where they unlock more strings, that's stupid. What the fuck?"
PREACH!

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I said this about Kolletor in the Aug. patch, but D'vorah does not need to be buffed!

Except Kreepy Krawler. I mean she doesn't need universal buffs.
Let's agree to disagree then, because I've made my stance on the state of D'vorah abundantly clear in the past, and while maybe not echoing the exact changes I'd make, Sonic would also buff D'vorah. She's a spacing character that can't whiff punish pokes and has overheads that whiff on 60% of the cast. What else do I need to say?

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Let's agree to disagree then, because I've made my stance on the state of D'vorah abundantly clear in the past, and while maybe not echoing the exact changes I'd make, Sonic would also buff D'vorah. She's a spacing character that can't whiff punish pokes and has overheads that whiff on 60% of the cast. What else do I need to say?
I will say their suggestion to make 21222 special cancelable is a new one. They said for setups so I assume puddle or strepsiptera. Since it does the little knock-up, I could see it as a fantastic strep tool, but I'm unsure on puddle.

Overall, I like most of their suggestions because they're focused on making shit strings / tools usable and opening combo paths for characters. I'm a stickler for characters having options so people like Kitana having multiple strings that may as well never be used ever is ridiculous to me.

Also, Geras puddle as a mid is the ultimate deliciousness for my petty hatred for that character so bring it on.

Gamer68

Fujin!
It sucks that Scorpion and Sub zero the main two characters of the whole franchise are bottom tier
Sub is debatable. Sonic might have him low, but Ninjakilla has him S-tier and I tend to agree with him more.
Sonic said that even the bottom tiers are still at least A- tier and even went on to say that they think you could win a tournament with any character in the game. So it doesn't really matter that Subby is placed low because he's still really good, it's not like he's B or C tier.

They also said that this is an offline tier list and certain characters are actually way better in an online environment, including Sub-Zero -- who they think is S+ tier online.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Sonic said that even the bottom tiers are still at least A- tier and even went on to say that they think you could win a tournament with any character in the game. So it doesn't really matter that Subby is placed low because he's still really good, it's not like he's B or C tier.

They also said that this is an offline tier list and certain characters are actually way better in an online environment, including Sub-Zero -- who they think is S+ tier online.
Yes, but I think Sonic underestimates Sub- Zero substantially, even offline. 19f overheads have been proven effective offline in NRS games many times. Shinnok's overhead was 19f and it did just fine.

Sonic however has reactions that I would bet half my bank account on being a statistical outlier even among the pro community.

If you can't react to 19f, like most people, then Sub is S+ tier all the time.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
What about Scorpion. This character has everything unsafe, gaps in most string, slow mids. He really needs some buffs
Sonic said remove the gap on F34 and make it special cancelable. No idea if that's enough or even the right way to buff him, but Sonic did specifically mention Scorpion.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
F12 jailing on everyone for Kano would not be game-changing but it would help. Playing against female characters (and johnny) is annoying as hell. Sure you can switch it up and just stagger F1 into throw or whatever else you fancy, but you lose the mind game of f12, f1 grab, f21b2. I honestly don't think Kano needs any buffs, but making this string work as intended the same way on all characters would be nice.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
While Kitana is NOT broken whatsoever, this is the same man who thinks Kung Lao, Frost, Terminator, and Kotal Kahn are S tier characters. Why people take what he says like their legitimate pieces of irrefutable scientific proof is beyond me.
Exactly. Like yea he's great at the game but his logic is terrible at times

Gaxkang

Banned
I guess SonicFox legit forgot Squander existed for him to not touch anything about Kollector.

Special Cancel Baraka f44 would be weird
It'd just be a bit different than special cancelling from F4, which folks do.

F44 would just make it all easier really.

cmon sonic. he don't wanna give anything to scorpion besides frame data changes? although i would like a couple frame data changes