What's new

Sonic Fox Playing SFV?

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
What? SFV may have easier inputs than SFIV, but the game is 100% about footsies still and lacks the dirt MKX has right now. Overheads aren't shit in that game and can be blocked. I'd say MKX is more scrubby, but w/e.
Reo face bruh

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I think sonicfox has potential to be one of America's top players. I seriously doubt he will be able to compete with the Japanese at the highest level though.

Also, I wouldn't judge by how he does at winter brawl. Although, if he does take it or do extremely well, then it's a good indicator.

Just remember, winter brawl isn't CPT and lacks a looooot of competition.

Tweedy

Noob
I'm not familiar with how the community and patches work in SFV. If some Capcom guy came into this community and started winning, their character would get obliterated no matter how good it is. I'm anticipating something like that to happen to Fang in SFV. That character looks incredibly stupid anyways.

SinkFla

Noob
A lot of people kind of rag on F.A.N.G. and he seems to be the only player using him at this tournament, so that's an even more respect points. As someone said earlier, a lot of international players aren't here at winter brawl and they're going to be the real litmus test for fox. He's in winners top 16 but he's still got LI Joe's Nash and Arturo's Dhalsim to deal with if he progresses which is daunting lol. Oh, and fuck Dhalsim! Lol

SinkFla

Noob
I'm not familiar with how the community and patches work in SFV. If some Capcom guy came into this community and started winning, their character would get obliterated no matter how good it is. I'm anticipating something like that to happen to Fang in SFV. That character looks incredibly stupid anyways.
I think they said they're not going to do a balance patch for a long time, possibly a year. They think frequent patches hurt the game but in certain instances I got to disagree.

If some Capcom guy came into this community and started winning, their character would get obliterated no matter how good it is. I'm anticipating something like that to happen to Fang in SFV. That character looks incredibly stupid anyways.
Actually FANG is considered bottom tier and generally a trash character.. which is why there are hardly anyone playing them. So there is no "well sonic just plays S+ so that is why" going on here at all.

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
There are characters with much more dirt than fang. Bison, Nash and sim are all crazy good

I think they said they're not going to do a balance patch for a long time, possibly a year. They think frequent patches hurt the game but in certain instances I got to disagree.
yeah.. capcom has a very different attitude to patches. They do large massive patches that only happen now and then. Like MKxl .. imagine if that was THE ONLY patch MKx got... this is how capcom dose it. large game changing patches that allows the players to really explore the game .. something that MK dosn't really allow. That being said, there is always a small "tweaking" time just after a release .. the long no patch thing will not happen until after the game is stable... but these are not balance patches.. they are bug fixes and stuff

Tweedy

Noob
There are characters with much more dirt than fang. Bison, Nash and sim are all crazy good
Sorry, that wasn't my point. I actually haven't played SFV. I wasn't trying to say that FANG is good, i'm just thinking that some people might try to say that he is, out of salt from Sonic winning.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yeah I would like to see Sonic do well in SFV too. I have seen a lot of people say he wouldn't do so well "in a real fighter like SF" so id like to see them eat their words lol
it will immediately force people to admit the legitimacy of MK as a Fighter if a dominant player from NRS can kick a bunch of people's ass in Street Fighter, or look undebatably stupid if they still refuse to admit it, there's not really much room to say there's no competition. Unfortunately I think many of them will still choose the latter. Here I took a little time to compose a list of quotes taken from the Street Fighter community from a period of early to late last year, concerning SonicFox playing/doing well in SFV. Certainly not comprehensive this is just some choice quotes from like 2 quite small threads.

He won't play it because he knows he will get bodied by Asia. Keep rockin that "I don't play it because I don't like the game" OS though.
This is like saying the dude who wins wheelchair-ball at the Special Olympics is gonna body everyone at the NBA slam dunk contest.

Like this paraplegic dude with fingerless gloves is gonna body people who have been playing on two legs their entire lives.
Real talk, SonicFox is good at the games he plays, but most of them are complete bullshit fighting games. Constant 50/50s and what not. Is he godlike at any solid fighting games like VF, SF, Tekken, and the like? Plus he plays games that are mostly dead, or games that only Americans play. Don't compare being amazing at fucking Skullgirls and MK, to being godlike like Tokido at SF AND KoF. Shit is in a whole different league.
I like Sonic Fox but get the fuck out with that noise.

He couldn't even beat Old Art.
Sonicfox doesn't have good fundamentals. He has that Smug thing were he knows exactly when to press buttons and has good reads, but he doesn't have fundamentals.

Even as vortexy SF gets you at least need to have great footsies to compete at the highest levels.
NRS Fuccbois try hard as fuck to make their deluxe heads-or-tails something legit and then try to find validation in a real fighting game lmao. I'm sure SFV day-one will be full of Safeshoryu Ryu until they nerf that variation in patch 1.01 two days later for the reign of 80 teleports-in-a-round Charlie mirrors nerfed out of the gate for them to launch the Streetz pack with Karin, R. Mika, Mario and Michael Jordan just 30 dollas day one and press X to buy Akuma; keep dreaming NRS players.
Delusional.
^^ many times in multiple forms

In response to the question: What does Sonic Fox do that makes him so unbeatable?

plays a game with no real competition.
doesn't he only body the MKX scene because of the shallow talent pool?
SonicFox guide to games:

1) Game with no real competition

2) Pick top tier

3) Abuse the shit out of top tier (mostly 50/50s, both in SG and MKX)

4) Win

That said, I still respect him - he puts hours into discovering all those 50/50 setups and whatnot and using them without error. He'd be good at Marvel, but since that game actually had decent players he'd still not be in any top 8s.
Play a fucking terrible game with no competition.
Let's compare games:

• Asians, U.S. and Europeans play SF and GG

• U.S. fuccbois play NRS, Skullgirls and Smash

• Sonicfox plays only NRS and Skullgirls

• His OS of "I only play games I like" is limited to games that only U.S. fuccbois play
You take that for what you will and keep thinking it's funny.
I feel like a big part of why he does so well at mk is that he's a high functioning autist who spent years of his life obsessing over a dead game series nobody else bothered to play. I'm not sure he'd do as well at sf5 unless it somehow managed to occupy the space in his autistic consciousness in between my little pony and sonic the hedgehog that it would take for him to fixate on it and he got a copy of the game a year early so he could sit around around his parent's basement masturbating to cartoon drawings of it before anyone else got their hands on it.
"Dude just seemlessly switched from a heavy zoning playstyle on Kitana to a rushdown style Kitana when his opponent switched characters on him and took the championship 4-1."

Holy shit he was able to go from standing full screen and spamming projectiles to running forward and tossing out 50/50s, such skill!
This seems to be the Capcom community's general opinion of SonicFox and MKX, so I'd LOVE to see where this goes lol.

Last edited:

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
it will immediately force people to admit the legitimacy of MK as a Fighter if a dominant player from NRS can kick a bunch of people's ass in Street Fighter, or just look undebatably stupid, there's not really much room to say there's no competition. Unfortunately I think many of them will still choose the latter. Here I took a little time to compose a list of quotes taken from the Street Fighter community from a period of early to late last year, concerning SonicFox playing/doing well in SFV. Certainly not comprehensive this is just some choice quotes from like 2 quite small threads.

In response to the question: What is Sonic Fox doing that makes him so unbeatable?

This seems to be the Capcom community's general opinion of SonicFox and MKX, so I'd LOVE to see where this goes lol.
It'll just be all the guys who don't like SFV anyway lol

Like I said, I think fox will be one of the best American players. Maybe like a top 10 American player, but the Japanese are simply on another level in SF.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
it will immediately force people to admit the legitimacy of MK as a Fighter if a dominant player from NRS can kick a bunch of people's ass in Street Fighter, or just look undebatably stupid, there's not really much room to say there's no competition. Unfortunately I think many of them will still choose the latter. Here I took a little time to compose a list of quotes taken from the Street Fighter community from a period of early to late last year, concerning SonicFox playing/doing well in SFV. Certainly not comprehensive this is just some choice quotes from like 2 quite small threads.

In response to the question: What is Sonic Fox doing that makes him so unbeatable?

Smh. I have seen many posts similar to this around other places but I typically try to ignore it lol I think his skill is undeniable. If it was just NRS games ok maybe a point could be made, but he also slaughters at DOA and Skullgirls, and is already in top 16 at WB for SFV. He is clearly a damn good player no matter what fighter he is playing.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I think sonicfox has potential to be one of America's top players. I seriously doubt he will be able to compete with the Japanese at the highest level though.

Also, I wouldn't judge by how he does at winter brawl. Although, if he does take it or do extremely well, then it's a good indicator.

Just remember, winter brawl isn't CPT and lacks a looooot of competition.
Keep in mind the CPT involves online play now too. So, who knows. I think the only thing holding him back is F.A.N.G, but maybe its right for him. Gonna give him some time.

Matix218

Get over here!
After reading the above comments from capcom players regarding sonic fox I really hope he ends up bodying their best guys so those ignorant people can eat their mean and nasty words. People are so messed up

After reading the above comments from capcom players regarding sonic fox I really hope he ends up bodying their best guys so those ignorant people can eat their mean and nasty words. People are so messed up
it isn't the capcom fans... if someone had the inclination you would find nearly the exact same type of comments about Sonic on this site. I mean people on this site were dissing him like this as recently as his els2 win.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Smh. I have seen many posts similar to this around other places but I typically try to ignore it lol I think his skill is undeniable. If it was just NRS games ok maybe a point could be made, but he also slaughters at DOA and Skullgirls, and is already in top 16 at WB for SFV. He is clearly a damn good player no matter what fighter he is playing.
I guarantee none of them have actually tried to play MK at a higher level
Keep in mind the CPT involves online play now too. So, who knows. I think the only thing holding him back is F.A.N.G, but maybe its right for him. Gonna give him some time.
So I'm not the only person who thinks FANG seems really underwhelming? Seems to sacrifice a lot of things that other characters have, in trade off for very little

So I'm not the only person who thinks FANG seems really underwhelming? Seems to sacrifice a lot of things that other characters have, in trade off for very little
FANG is generally considered to be really bad. I mean people are throwing out phrases like LOW TIER but the fact is the game is like only a week old or w/e.. so no one really knows. The "rumour" going around is that sonic picked him as a "fuck you" to the shoryuken trolls. The idea was that if he won "it would only be cause he picks top tier like a scrub". I know for a fact people are already saying that he has done so well on day 1 as winter brawl has a low turn out for top street fighter players. .

I think Dhalsim is the best or at least one of them form what I have seen / played. His cross up setups are insane. Also Karan has a bug that leads to a 68% punish but I am sure this will be taken out. The other one I think looks great is Chun-LI. Still as Sonic shows it is the player that counts. Zangief is also supposed to be really bad but Snake Eyez still owns everyone he faces with a bunch of grand final wins already in the bag.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Week two with an obscure character design.

Keep in mind that players were conviced Elena was bad and Poison was top three, when Ultra dropped.