What's new

Tech Some RMS pressure

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
this is super-duper old news. Maybe the posts about it have gone from the front page, but RMS cancel pressure is like 2 months old. B22 RMS cancel is about +9 on block if done perfectly. I don't think anything else really gives enough advantage for it to be worth doing. d2 is already +4 on block.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
A good idea would be to pick Deathstroke/Lex Luthor in training mode and set their reversal attacks to sword flip/corp charge, which are respectively 7 and 6 frame moves. Thats the best way of knowing which RMS pressure strings have the most frame advantage. Awesome find/execution as usual!

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-flash-a-step-closer-to-kabal.34017/

This is one of the threads about this from the beginning of June. There was another, but it may have been deleted.

As for reversals, b22 RMS cancel gives enough advantage for Flash to reliably stuff reversal corps charge with his 21 string (9f start up), but having said this, just doing b2 or d2 (both are +4) also gives enough advantage to do this.

EDIT: here is the other thread about it. From the end of May. It was still on the front page of the Flash forum

http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-flash-has-a-kabal-like-cancel.33276/

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
DoctrineDark the only problem is once you get a hit with this, you essentially give up an opportunity for 61% combos from b22, and 58% from d1. also d1d2 RMSC isn't advantage on block, nor is d2 RMSC. but i saw your stuff with b22 RMSC in a combo and amma start using that for my midscreen BnB's :)

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Great display of RMS cancels, the optimal ones you should be using are b22 and f2 once you master hit confirming with them and not just getting rms when you actually got the hit, sadly everything else is negative or neutral on block so it only leads to baiting the opposition; such 32 cancelled into RMS.

Would you mind if I use your video for a thread on how to use RMS pressure in the near future?

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Great display of RMS cancels, the optimal ones you should be using are b22 and f2 once you master hit confirming with them and not just getting rms when you actually got the hit, sadly everything else is negative or neutral on block so it only leads to baiting the opposition; such 32 cancelled into RMS.

Would you mind if I use your video for a thread on how to use RMS pressure in the near future?
well, at least when you do 32 RMS cancel, it's like -1 or zero on block instead of -11...

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-flash-a-step-closer-to-kabal.34017/

This is one of the threads about this from the beginning of June. There was another, but it may have been deleted.

As for reversals, b22 RMS cancel gives enough advantage for Flash to reliably stuff reversal corps charge with his 21 string (9f start up), but having said this, just doing b2 or d2 (both are +4) also gives enough advantage to do this.

EDIT: here is the other thread about it. From the end of May. It was still on the front page of the Flash forum

http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-flash-has-a-kabal-like-cancel.33276/
That's right, the title does not say, “new tech” or something.
b22rms, d12rms, b22, could serve as the opponent is expecting d123, maybe could serve playing with those 2 things for more pressure

BoricuaHeat

well, at least when you do 32 RMS cancel, it's like -1 or zero on block instead of -11...
Why of course, I still have no idea why they made 32 negative 11 on block, sadly I don't know the exact frame data on 32 cancelled into RMS, I got punished by Superman consistently when trying to decipher the exact numbers.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...

thanks, use the vid, hope to upload more stuff soon

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
this is super-duper old news. Maybe the posts about it have gone from the front page, but RMS cancel pressure is like 2 months old. B22 RMS cancel is about +9 on block if done perfectly. I don't think anything else really gives enough advantage for it to be worth doing. d2 is already +4 on block.
lol you dont get the point of the video.. yes we know it is old but there are few people in this community with the execution level of doctrine and is showing us how it can look

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
lol you dont get the point of the video.. yes we know it is old but there are few people in this community with the execution level of doctrine and is showing us how it can look
does it really matter how it looks if b2 and b22 are the only things that are actually plus on block after RMS cancel? I'm not saying anything about DD's execution. I'm saying that in most cases it isn't worth doing because it isn't advantageous

BoricuaHeat

does it really matter how it looks if b2 and b22 are the only things that are actually plus on block after RMS cancel? I'm not saying anything about DD's execution. I'm saying that in most cases it isn't worth doing because it isn't advantageous
It does take a fair bit of practice to get it down and the rewards are not that spectacular, but it has uses. Sadly only two advantageous strings are b22 and F2 but it's worth a bit of lab time for the mind games you can achieve.