What's new

General/Other Solomon Grundy Movelist Anlaysis

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing

Cyrus Gold Aka Solomon Grundy movelist so far gathered from gameplay videos in the Grundy Footage

Trait
Three different traits Armour, Damage and an Un-known trait. These traits are gained through chained throws
  • only one type of trait can be active at any one time(traits cancel eachother out)
  • max trait count is 3(assumed) per trait
Pre Battle arena
Grabs/Grapples
A grab to headbutt (Kazuya style) looks like a normal throw
Chains into a throw that changes positions with the enemy (at the cost of bar, Looks to give a lot of adv)
Air grab
A grab where grundy throws the opponent up in the air (can be combo'd Post throw)
  • Chains into a jump then he grabs their legs and slams them into the floor
Damage Trait Chain
  • Chains into an OTG grab that grants a Trait buff (possibly Damage, well thats what it looks like to me)
  • Chains into THIS grants a Trait buff (damage)
Possible Speed Trait Chain
  • Chains into a grab that grabs the opponents legs and tosses them around, grants a Trait buff (possibly Speed), what do you think it is? (HERE)
Armour Trait Chain
  • Chains into a grab that grabs the opponents legs and drags them closer and smashes the opponents head into the floor grants a Trait buff (looks to be armour)
  • Chains into a grab that suffocates the opponent in a pool of swamp stuff grants a Trait buff (looks to be armour)(throws char full screen at end)
A grab that lifts the opponent with one hand by the head then delivers a punch to the body then throw them to the floor. (Looks insanely fast)

Non-Grapple specials
Swamp hands, Grundy stomps on the floor and swamp hands come out of the floor (different ranges?)
Cleaver Spin
Ground stomp, Looks Sheeva'ish (also maybe small range, looks to give adv)
Miasma (a move where grundy expel's miasma through the wounds in his back)

Normals
Haven't seen any note worthy normals

Battle arena
Changes
Grabs: Has phrases he says when he connects a grab, no silence, (also says his lil poem with the tombstone chain)

A grab to headbutt (Kazuya style) looks like a normal throw, Has armour, Advancing
Chains into a throw that changes positions with the enemy and launches

A Stationary grab where grundy throws the opponent up in the air (can be combo'd Post throw) Can be combo'd into, Costs a bar of meter to combo after with normal strings

Non-Grapple specials:
Swamp hands, Grundy stomps on the floor and swamp hands come out of the floor (different ranges?) Grants a combo for the cost of a bar, FAAAAAAAST FUCKING FAST

Miasma (a move where grundy expel's miasma through the wounds in his back): an advancing move?

Normals:

Nice looking anti air normal

Super:
His super is a air grab and has SUPER MEGA HYPER ARMOUR (looks to have insane advantage as well

Solomon Grundy Movelist and Trait description

Basic attacks:
Combo attacks:

Special moves:

Character traits:

Grundy's Ending pose looked soo cool the first time it was seen in the E3 gameplay Where he grabbed WW by the head and tossed her off screen

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
I think the "Unknown Trait" is a Speed buff.
Also, I've never seen the "Miasma" move is there any footage of it?

PND i2 Gaug3

all footage is linked in the footage thread the first link in this thread

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy

Is his super inescapable? Looks like he got hit with more than one attacked and still kept going and even jumped up to grab the opponent. What if you cant escape but only trying to kill him? Would be OP but awesome.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

His super doesn't seem to have normal armor, it's like a weaker version that is still somewhat effected by hitstun.

Thats why Im thinking it it might be inescapable. That second gif is his super, he takes two special attacks and still walks toward the opponent. The Grundy player isnt inputting another move afterwards that makes Grundy jump, Grundy is just finishing the super.

His super might hit regardless at a certain distance. Might be simply be a guess, perhaps the only way out is too jump and if you jump too early you get a tombstone broken over your head.

Pressuring Grundy on wakeup is suicide. Armored grabs all day!

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Grundy shoulda kicked Hall Jordan's (aka. Green Lantern) butt in that video! I blame the fan boys ;)
To analyze Grundy's moves... "Born on a Monday, WOOPED BUTT on a Tuesday!"
1. We got to see his damage field the Miasma Cloud again, but I still want to see what it dose on hit.
2. The Swamp Hands are even better now they hold opponents in place for a second or two.
3. We saw Grundy's super move is neigh UNSTOPABLE! (Woot!), it also leaves your opponent right next to Grundy for a chance to do more set-ups and mix-ups. It seems to give invincibility for a short time unlit he either gets close to the opponent or the timer runs out.
4. Grundy's anti air throw seems to be VERY good, and causes a hard-knock down.
5. Grundy's speed isn't as slow as a lot of people thought previously, so that's a bonus :)
6. His throw attempts seem to have at least one hit of armor in some cases <Evil Laugh!>
All in all, I predict that with practice Grundy is at least high mid-tier or top-tier! But, I'll bet he has a bit of a learning curve to boot. That's fine with me I enjoy a challenge :D

PND i2 Gaug3

Updated OP with movelist specials and Trait description, taken from Art Killer B 's post about pre-release Character Movelist.

Keep in mind this might be a older build so things might change. With that said one thing I noticed is that every character has a 15fr 1 which I think is going to even the playing field no more will you have to stand there and take shit from KL because he has a faster standing attack.

Grundy's throw also share the same amount of frames as the 1 which is 15 aswell, This game is going to be fucking good.

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy

Owerbart

I miss you
BF2 functions as the 360º+K from Zangief in SF2, except it has tons of armor. At least he walked like nothing happened through a bulletspread from deathstroke. His gadget is a grab, but it Doesn't look like it could be linked. The cleaverspins will help us with our mix-ups and juggling.

God Grundy is sounding sick. I'm trying to reframe from claiming a main before the game comes outs but this dude has got what I like. As long as he's not really really slow I see good things between me and Grundy.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Keep in mind this might be a older build so things might change. With that said one thing I noticed is that every character has a 15fr 1 which I think is going to even the playing field no more will you have to stand there and take shit from KL because he has a faster standing attack.
Lex has an 8frame 1 :) I think WW and Nightwing's might be even faster.