What's new

SoCal's First MKX Tournament Results! Goro Night Fights 2.0 Results

Goro?

• Total voters

RM Nubcakes

On the grind again
I would aim for max eefficiencyif I were in your spot there. I mean, the "easy" version of Sub mid-screen BnB does 29% (the one Tom Brady and others are using) while the max damage one does like 31% and is a hell of a lot harder. Definitely don't worth it unless your precision is surgical and you don't drop as much.

About F3,3 I know it has a low in between and has a great range, man. The prob is that you weren't confirming this into nothing. You can also hit confirm the second hit with Ice Clone. I'm going to try this string out in a few matches to see how it goes. I asked you about this in particular because I haven't seem anyone using it.
I go for max damage on all my combos, which midscreen BNBs are we talking about here? Specifics would help greatly, instead of saying it's what Brady (and others) were using.

Also, why is there a need to ice clone cancel the f33 always? Maybe I want the corner carry that committing to the full string offers? If I want to hit confirm a low string into EX ice ball then I'd prefer b33 instead.

You're just being nitpicky dude. I've labbed sub extensively so I know of all his capabilities. It's another thing entirely to efficiently utilize and navigate through all his options mid-match. I highly doubt that you play (most likely online) sets without the occasional drop or wrong read or wrong anything since you're not an AI.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I was refering to jip, b12~ice blast, jip, 343, run, 1, f42~slide (29%).

Sorry you took it personal. I won't say anything else about your gameplay. Just keep practicing and better luck next time. Can't wait to see a Sub player winning a major. :)

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Sorry, man. Just being honest and giving you my opinion.

Dropping combos all day long, bad footsies, bad combo choices, bad hit confirming... I also don't get the abusive use of F3, 3, 3 without hit confirming it into nothing. EX Slide when you had the corner advantage... etc. I only spoke about Sub Zero because it's my main and I could analyse and criticize better, but being 100% honest, the overall level of the players there were really poor imo. Maybe because the game is new. I don't know.
*Looks at Northwest Majors Top 8*
Gotta love the crow eating.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Sorry, man. Just being honest and giving you my opinion.

Dropping combos all day long, bad footsies, bad combo choices, bad hit confirming... I also don't get the abusive use of F3, 3, 3 without hit confirming it into nothing. EX Slide when you had the corner advantage... etc. I only spoke about Sub Zero because it's my main and I could analyse and criticize better, but being 100% honest, the overall level of the players there were really poor imo. Maybe because the game is new. I don't know.
Two SoCal players on Grand Finals. Keep trash talking.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
*Looks at Northwest Majors Top 8*
Gotta love the crow eating.
Two SoCal players on Grand Finals. Keep trash talking.
Was any of them Nubcakes? Then I miss to see the point in here. I really do.

First of all I was never trash talking. I was just giving him my honest and raw opinion about his gameplay the way I see it. Second of all what it has to do with SoCal, man? I could care less where the player is from, to be honest. Nubcakes is from there? I wouldn't even imagine... Since i'm not even from US to begin with. lmfao

Airvidal

First of all I was never trash talking. I was just giving him my honest and raw opinion about his gameplay the way I see it. Second of all what it has to do with SoCal, man? I could care less where the player is from, to be honest. Nubcakes is from there? I wouldn't even imagine... Since i'm not even from US to begin with. lmfao
First of all, is this about Nubs? 'Cause if it is, give him a month, buy a plane ticket and fly to Cali. I promise, I freaking do, you won't have a desire of calling out a player of his caliber ever again.

I only spoke about Sub Zero because it's my main and I could analyse and criticize better, but being 100% honest, the overall level of the players there were really poor imo.
Second of all, no, you didn't just speak about SZ. So you mean to tell me you decided to take a shot at our scene as a whole and run your mouth without doing your research first? Hell, you didn't even need to do any research at all, the thread tittle alone will tell you what you need to know. It would seem you yourself don't realize what you said.

"lmfao" Next time you wanna laugh make sure you have a valid argument.

Oh and finally, just for the record, your streamers by choice entered the tournament as well ;)

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
First of all, is this about Nubs? 'Cause if it is, give him a month, buy a plane ticket and fly to Cali. I promise, I freaking do, you won't have a desire of calling out a player of his caliber ever again.

Second of all, no, you didn't just speak about SZ. So you mean to tell me you decided to take a shot at our scene as a whole and run your mouth without doing your research first? Hell, you didn't even need to do any research at all, the thread tittle alone will tell you what you need to know. It would seem you yourself don't realize what you said.

Oh and finally, just for the record, your streamers by choice entered the tournament as well ;)
Daaaaaaaaamn that blow up, 10/10 hold that shit

IKizzLE

BloodHound

Your exact words "but being 100% honest, the overall level of the players there were really poor imo. Maybe because the game is new. I don't know.

Followed by a post saying "Maybe I've been watching Reo and Tom too much"

Now, our IQ levels are above mental retardation, so everyone in this topic knew exactly what you meant. Please, just be a man and own up.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
let's be honest for a second and just admit this Bidu prophet is saying what we're all secretly thinking.

with all that tester advantage, and this is what they call "high level" in socal? str8 up garbage gameplay, have to close this thread it stinks so much ugh

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR

Yeah, I didn't even research fist lol and for that I'm sorry. Seems like the Cali Crew proved me wrong after all. It's good to see that level of gameplay.

But my opinion about Nubs remains the same. I just don't agree with a lot of his gameplay choices (like always trying to do the max damage combos and droping half or more of them instead of doing combos that take 1-2% and don't miss as much). I wish I was from near you guys, at least I would have some decent people to play with. The online is so fucking bad as off right now in PC... And there's not much competitive scene around here beside 4-5 irl friends of mine.

Airvidal

Yeah, I didn't even research fist lol and for that I'm sorry. Seems like the Cali Crew proved me wrong after all. It's good to see that level of gameplay.

But my opinion about Nubs remains the same. I just don't agree with a lot of his gameplay choices (like always trying to do the max damage combos and droping half or more of them instead of doing combos that take 1-2% and don't miss as much). I wish I was from near you guys, at least I would have some decent people to play with. The online is so fucking bad as off right now in PC... And there's not much competitive scene around here beside 4-5 irl friends of mine.
Decent people? Here you go again with your big talk. Just drop it man, you keep digging a bigger hole...