What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs So Jacqui is good now?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Sorry I meant db2, and you mean hit the 2 late as in when in my jump im really close to my opponent?
Yes. Do the jump in really deep.

One of her jump ins has sightly more range (from memory it's ji2 but when i do my combos it's all muscle memory now so I can't tell you off the top of my head) so test with both making sure you're doing it really late.

I record it for you if you'd like.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Jacqui has always been good but people downplayed the shit out of her
No she hasn't. Stop fabricating the past. Up until XL she was low mid tier at best. Even before that, she was much worse.

It's easy to look at a viable character now and forget how shit she used to be, but trust me as someone who used her when she was terrible; she was not always this good.

No she hasn't. Stop fabricating the past. Up until XL she was low mid tier at best. Even before that, she was much worse.

It's easy to look at a viable character now and forget how shit she used to be, but trust me as someone who used her when she was terrible; she was not always this good.
I'm talking about since the patch in September she's been good, you should know that the difference between XL jacqui and pre patch isn't all that different. She's better now ofc but the changes weren't as significant as you're making out.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm talking about since the patch in September she's been good, you should know that the difference between XL jacqui and pre patch isn't all that different. She's better now ofc but the changes weren't as significant as you're making out.
Safe armour, easier stanky and nerfs to top tier are definitely significant.

Not to mention the massive changes to high tech (which I assume you weren't talking about anyways because high tech still has severe issues).

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
XL jacqui is a completely different Character than she was at release, for all three variations.

F2u2 2 in 1 special cancelable
B2 and b33 (and f4/f3) natural OS removed
A ton of moves with more hit advantage
Buffs to dust and Ex dust in shotgun.

It's, in my cases, a completely different gameplan than it use to be. I don't thibk people really understand how different of a character she is from release.

XL jacqui is a completely different Character than she was at release, for all three variations.

F2u2 2 in 1 special cancelable
B2 and b33 (and f4/f3) natural OS removed
A ton of moves with more hit advantage
Buffs to dust and Ex dust in shotgun.

It's, in my cases, a completely different gameplan than it use to be. I don't thibk people really understand how different of a character she is from release.
She could do all this after the September patch that's what i was talking about.

Safe armour, easier stanky and nerfs to top tier are definitely significant.

Not to mention the massive changes to high tech (which I assume you weren't talking about anyways because high tech still has severe issues).
Lool are you serious these aren't tier changing changes, these are changes that are just gonna help the character in general not cutthroat changes. They only made dash cancels easier cos of the increased hit adv they gave her which is cool and is definitely gonna help her. But saying she has "severe" issues is a joke.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Full Auto is her best variation.

They are all good but her zoning is crazy and gets solid meterless damage...especially in the corner.

She still struggles in the poking game because her short range normals but once she gets her shit going, its hard to stop it.

Full Auto is her best variation.

They are all good but her zoning is crazy and gets solid meterless damage...especially in the corner.

She still struggles in the poking game because her short range normals but once she gets her shit going, its hard to stop it.
Her best is shotgun but full - auto is also really good.

FinalBoss_FGC

Her best is shotgun but full - auto is also really good.
I disagree.

Yungmonster seems to use full auto in more MUs, EXiLE Full Auto exclusively uses Full Auto, HeeyGeorge used Full Auto to push F0xy to the brink.

Shotgun is good in certain ranges but having a 50/50 restand don't make you top in this game anymore. It helps tho.

I disagree.

Yungmonster seems to use full auto in more MUs, EXiLE Full Auto exclusively uses Full Auto, HeeyGeorge used Full Auto to push F0xy to the brink.

Shotgun is good in certain ranges but having a 50/50 restand don't make you top in this game anymore. It helps tho.
Nah shotgun is better cos it has the best vortex and the dirtiest. Full auto is just more consistent tbh

FinalBoss_FGC

Nah shotgun is better cos it has the best vortex and the dirtiest. Full auto is just more consistent tbh
so your reasoning is "best vortex" and "the dirtiest"...my reasoning is guaranteed chip off any block string, strong meterless damage, AA projectile, low projectile...

Shotgun kinda has to rely on meter to get her vortex going...Full Auto can elect not to use meter, get solid damage and not have her set play ruined by no meter.

so your reasoning is "best vortex" and "the dirtiest"...my reasoning is guaranteed chip off any block string, strong meterless damage, AA projectile, low projectile...

Shotgun kinda has to rely on meter to get her vortex going...Full Auto can elect not to use meter, get solid damage and not have her set play ruined by no meter.
If she wants big damage then ofc she needs meter but is not reliant on it plus she can just throw out a vortex at you. shotgun also has good chip her low projectile is better.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Shotgun is better because it has the greater damage potential, much better footsies and more threatening staggers.

Full auto is good, probably still in the same tier, but shotgun is better.

Shotgun doesn't require meter to launch you for decent damage. Midscreen it doesn't even require meter to reset you.

Lool are you serious these aren't tier changing changes, these are changes that are just gonna help the character in general not cutthroat changes. They only made dash cancels easier cos of the increased hit adv they gave her which is cool and is definitely gonna help her. But saying she has "severe" issues is a joke.
They didn't just make dash cancels easy; they actually introduced them for several strings.

Let's go through the characters better than Jacqui pre XL shall we?

Kung Jin
D'Vorah
Johnny Cage
Quan Chi
Cassie
Shinnok
Jax
Kung Lao
Sonya
Tanya
Liu Kang
Predator
Tremor
Reptile
Kotal Khan
Sub Zero

17/29

Does that sound like high tier to you?

Quan chi, Cassie, tremor, Lao, Tanya, predator, Liu kang, we're all nerfed while Jacqui received a significant buff in safe armour, safe meterless launcher and df2 being +17 on hit (which people seem to fail to remember). The stanky leg buff also made her neutral slightly more accessible although the input is still stupid.

I disagree.

What's her 50/50 restand?

Shotgun is better because it has the greater damage potential, much better footsies and more threatening staggers.

Shotgun doesn't require meter to launch you for decent damage. Midscreen it doesn't even require meter to reset you.

They didn't just make dash cancels easy; they actually introduced them for several strings.

Let's go through the characters better than Jacqui pre XL shall we?

Kung Jin
D'Vorah
Johnny Cage
Quan Chi
Cassie
Shinnok
Jax
Kung Lao
Sonya
Tanya
Liu Kang
Predator
Tremor
Reptile
Kotal Khan
Sub Zero

17/29

Does that sound like high tier to you?

Quan chi, Cassie, tremor, Lao, Tanya, predator, Liu kang, we're all nerfed while Jacqui received a significant buff in safe armour, safe meterless launcher and df2 being +17 on hit (which people seem to fail to remember). The stanky leg buff also made her neutral slightly more accessible although the input is still stupid.
The buffs have definitley helped alongside with the nerfs of other characters but you act like she was terrible pre XL.

FinalBoss_FGC

Shotgun does, in some instances, require ex low shotty to rest and if they are knocked beyond that 1/4 screen range.

Full auto gets like 36% meterless from f12 starter. She gets 46% or so off of jip~ex ground pound lol she gets 41ish% off low/overhead in the corner and ALL these combos are easy to execute and optimal.

Full Auto has a full screen, armor breaking projectile that can be ex'd to enhance into rocket that has enough knock back to make it mostly safe on block, even close range. An AA projectile with quick recovery and a low projectile that pops up on hit that you can confirm into gun shots. And like I mentioned, any block string can be canceled into gun shots for great chip damage.

Full Auto has all of the normal starters that makes Shotgun good (minus the alternate ender to f12), take away vortex...add some of the best zoning and damage in the game.

They are both good, Full Auto is way less gimmicky.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Shotgun does, in some instances, require ex low shotty to rest and if they are knocked beyond that 1/4 screen range.

Full auto gets like 36% meterless from f12 starter. She gets 46% or so off of jip~ex ground pound lol she gets 41ish% off low/overhead in the corner and ALL these combos are easy to execute and optimal.

Full Auto has a full screen, armor breaking projectile that can be ex'd to enhance into rocket that has enough knock back to make it mostly safe on block, even close range. An AA projectile with quick recovery and a low projectile that pops up on hit that you can confirm into gun shots. And like I mentioned, any block string can be canceled into gun shots for great chip damage.

Full Auto has all of the normal starters that makes Shotgun good (minus the alternate ender to f12), take away vortex...add some of the best zoning and damage in the game.

They are both good, Full Auto is way less gimmicky.
Ex low shot is not required to reset unless you're in the corner or using the wrong combo. "In some instances" is very vague. I said she could reset off her 50/50s midscreen without meter which is 100% true.

Shotgun's staggers are more threatening because the reward she gets from them is bigger (damage into vortex). The fact that strings can be ended with df2 or ex low shot makes her stagger pressure much more threatening.

You also fail to realise something massive which is that shotgun actually has a very good neutral with stanky, low shot and df2. You have to respect the space she controls from just within half screen.

Jacqui zoning is not some of the best in the game but we have already discussed this ad nauseum and you refuse to realise its weaknesses so I won't even go into that.

I didn't say full auto damage was bad, I said shotgun had higher damage potential, more damaging resets and also more opportunity to get those resets.

In terms of anti-airs, up rocket is fine but you can achieve basically everything with stanky and s1 anyways so slightly moot point.

The buffs have definitley helped alongside with the nerfs of other characters but you act like she was terrible pre XL.
I didn't say she was terrible, I said she was low mid tier. Which is exactly what she was. Stop putting words in my mouth and actually read what I've written.

High tech still has several glaring issues which is why we don't see anyone use her effectively in tournament. She is easily counterpicked (mileena, Liu, sub, Ermac) struggles in the neutral and can't poke back against half the cast. Yes she probably has one of the best corner games in MKX but pretty much everyone has a strong corner game. Her block pressure is insane, but not very effective since it involves her being in a range where she can force the opponent to block.

Last edited:

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Ex low shot is not required to reset unless you're in the corner or using the wrong combo. "In some instances" is very vague. I said she could reset off her 50/50s midscreen without meter which is 100% true.

Shotgun's staggers are more threatening because the reward she gets from them is bigger (damage into vortex). The fact that strings can be ended with df2 or ex low shot makes her stagger pressure much more threatening.

You also fail to realise something massive which is that shotgun actually has a very good neutral with stanky, low shot and df2. You have to respect the space she controls from just within half screen.

Jacqui zoning is not some of the best in the game but we have already discussed this ad nauseum and you refuse to realise its weaknesses so I won't even go into that.

I didn't say full auto damage was bad, I said shotgun had higher damage potential, more damaging resets and also more opportunity to get those resets.

In terms of anti-airs, up rocket is fine but you can achieve basically everything with stanky and s1 anyways so slightly moot point.

I didn't say she was terrible, I said she was low mid tier. Which is exactly what she was. Stop putting words in my mouth and actually read what I've written.

High tech still has several glaring issues which is why we don't see anyone use her effectively in tournament. She is easily counterpicked (mileena, Liu, sub, Ermac) struggles in the neutral and can't poke back against half the cast. Yes she probably has one of the best corner games in MKX but pretty much everyone has a strong corner game. Her block pressure is insane, but not very effective since it involves her being in a range where she can force the opponent to block.
How are you resetting mid screen meter less off the OH in shotgun? Not being a jerk or anything, I can't seem to do it unless a perfectly spaced B2 into dust.

I don't think that Jacqui's up rocket is the same as stanky leg or S1. Pre emptive up rockets help deal with characters with huge jump ins and dive kick characters. More read based AA, but still utility on it's own that her AA normals don't achieve. Her uprocket is a big factor in my decision to play Full auto over shotgun in the Sonya MU, for example.

I agree with everything else Panicmode is saying (except the stanky leg input thing, I've come to realize we will never agree). Shotgun is Jacqui's best variation, her staggers are much scarier. Just wait until you s4 ex uprocket on hit in full auto and it whiffs for no reason then do the same with s4 ex dust in shotgun and you'll realize shotgun is way more terrifying. That along with many other examples. Full auto does have hit box issues that shotgun addresses. As for the damage comparison, the main thing that shotgun has that makes it dumb is you don't really need to sacrifice dmg by choosing the variation. If you want meter less with f12 in shotgun you can get like 34% with bf4 ender. Or you can choose to vortex for less damage. Point is you can always decide to take 40% for a bar or like 32% back into safe vortex. If you don't mind giving up the corner you can restand meter less in the corner too.

The XL buffs really made Shotgun the monster it is today. The BF2 buffs are really that significant, imo anyways. Straight shot being +17 is huge too and no one talks about it, as stated above.

Full auto's zoning seems strong, but when people know how to deal with it, you see it's weaknesses. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's definitely not some of the best. A lot of characters can punish guns from like half screen, so duck and dash get into range and you're risking your life by shooting guns.

So you're saying these XL changes have made her from low/mid tier to high/top tier?

Tweedy

Noob
Just like with Sub Zero's klone, Jacqui doesn't have to use her guns from midscreen.

Shotgun is still probably the best, though. Straight shotgun is such an underrated tool. -1 on block, +17 on hit. Good chip.