What's new

So is the GRIND worth the Rewards in MK 11?(Kombat League, ToT and Krypt)

Are MK 11's rewards worth the GRIND in Tot, The Krypt and Kombat League?

• Hell no, not worth it

Votes: 99 69.7%
  • Yes, totally worth it

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 26 18.3%

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
What do you think? Now that we've all had the game for 6+ months, we know how the grind for rewards, unlocks work throughout all the modes of the game. Do you think it's worth the time? Worth the hours of grinding? Or do you feel we should get way more for completing things?

I personally, do not feel the grind is worth it. Been playing my ass off and yet to get the Mythologies Raiden skin for example, the game already glitched one me and deleted some of my icons and backgrounds so I have to get them all over again. The costumes/skins especially need to be given out more with the ToT. Nobody wants or cares about augments and every character has 60+ outfits, I think they can afford to give us one everytime we complete 17 fighters worth of towers...

The Krypt, HAHAHAHA....between the shrine, the randomness of it, chests and being lucky enough to be available when they do their "events" I would definitely say not worth it. I've pumped millions of coins into that thing and don't even get what I want half the time. I'm sure you guys can relate.

And lastly, we have the infamous Kombat League between the glitches, matching up with bad connections, flawed ranking system and dealing with toxic people, cheaters this mode definitely is not worth the stress or the rewards.

Anyway, post how you feel.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I'm still missing the Seeing Double brute for DoW Sub. I never see it come up in a tower. If it does, I'm sleeping or working. It's literally a must-have for that variation because of its simplicity. I'd pay $20 for it at this point...

I'm so glad they put up his "must land 7 f4s" brute in the appreciation rotation :mad: Absolutely useless.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
The grind and kL has turned tym into a casual shit show of bitching and moaning. It’s like a combination of reddit and gamefaqs without the shitty fan art.

There is slim to none meaningful conversation about characters that don’t get ruined with bs jade and jc complaints.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
KL isn’t worth the headache, nor really the shrine vlt rewards. I think it’s cool they did character specific rewards in towers but damn that can get monotonous as well.

I’m thinking they gonna do the raiden mythologies skin in another krypt event. Considering they have been releasing classic character skins/ gear so far through it.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I voted no because in my case, there will always be a piece of gear or a skin for my character(s) that is locked by:
  • The Shrine, which is very expensive
  • The message “Found in the Krypt”, where said piece of gear cannot actually be found in the Krypt (Raiden’s Lightning Deity hat).
  • A very specific tower that may only be live for 2 hours, where another attempt will happen in several months. Even better if it happens while I’m sleeping.
  • The Gauntlet, a grind I wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy.
  • Kombat League, where I’ll have to hope it’s not locked to the God or Elder God ranks.
  • The Kollector in the Krypt. Have fun getting both the right item from some random tower that showed up yesterday at 4am and getting the right roll for Kollector’s inventory.
The only things I like about the unlocking system in this game is how cool the Krypt is as a sort of adventure mode and how co-op towers are fun. Besides that, the way the Krypt works is awful and Towers of Time is a horrendous mode that, aside from co-op towers, has never and will never be fun.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
As sad as it is to hear me say this, there's nothing motivating me to play this game at this point. I know there are a lot of people that love it, and that's cool, but aside from how beautiful the game is, I dislike way too many other things about it.

I think I've played MAYBE 3 matches this Kombat League. Don't care to play more.

So yeah, in my opinion, the rewards aren't worth the grind, but the rewards are the least of my complaints about MK11, honestly.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I actually don't think it's that bad. The character towers have been giving me stuff to strive for while learning a new character and the new ToT rewards have been helping me when trying to collect thier gear/skins that aren't in the character tower or guantlet tower. I get that it's not for everyone but I don't think it's that bad and I have been enjoying it.

I just don't like that certain skins and gear are hidden in the fake krypt "events."

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I will not participate in the Krypt joke, no more. I did maybe 3h, and it was pointless. I really don't have the time to spend on it. I literally sleep 6-7 maybe hours per day, if I get lucky. I wake up at 6 am, and get back from work, at 7 PM i gotta do other daily duties, and I don't have little brats yapping for attention. The way we have to unlock gear, is the stupidest concept Boon and Paulo ever came with. It must have been due to bad drugs after effect, or Idont see it other way.

F@co the kl, and the whole ToT. I absolutely have no interest of playing AI. I would spent 100 bucks, to get the gear I want. I feel bad about buying Premium Edition as well, due to this bs.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I don't mind characters towers, I just hate you have to play that cheap ass Kronika at the end of tower 1 lol

I usually use character towers to become familiar with a character's buttons, ranges, strings, polish some combos, and I like getting the customizable stuff. I've finished Noob, Jade's towers and am like level 3-4 on 4-5 other characters I play with.
I'm old school and used to play mk1 and mk2 against cpu at home all the time so maybe that's part of it. Sometimes I come home and don't even turn on KL or versus, I'll just knock out a few towers on a character I'm tryin to become familiar with and then deck 'em out in new gear hah

portent

Noob
To me, the cosmetics are just that, cosmetics. I wouldn't say that any of the Towers or Krypt (I have yet to play KL because of the horror stories, so I have no need) are a grind. I don't play them for the grind, I play them just to play the game and enjoy the stupid ass modifiers, LOL.

I'm only in the Krypt to open what I can, figure out the basic secrets and it ends there for me. Again, I'm an old school gamer from well before we really had choices on character skins, so I'm totally fine with using the skins I have earned by naturally playing the game or have been given as a bonus for buying the deluxe edition.

That said, there are only very few towers in the ToT that you need to play yourself, so if you set your AI to run them for you, go cook dinner while it plays for you.

The grind and kL has turned tym into a casual shit show of bitching and moaning. It’s like a combination of reddit and gamefaqs without the shitty fan art.

There is slim to none meaningful conversation about characters that don’t get ruined with bs jade and jc complaints.
Casuals make them the most money and they'll do anything to keep them around giving them more money

I'm honestly just tired of my main reason to be coming back to grind for the same rank I did like 3 weeks ago. I want higher ranks with no reset

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I'm honestly just tired of my main reason to be coming back to grind for the same rank I did like 3 weeks ago. I want higher ranks with no reset
The KL rewards for every victory would have been amazing for me before i cleared out the krypt and got all the heads, etc etc. At this point they're meaningless to me. But I guess that's my fault for grinding so many towers early on instead of just playin the damn game haha

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
KL isn’t worth the headache, nor really the shrine vlt rewards.
Lol @ the idea of playing Kombat League only for skins.

It’s not worth playing the competitive mode in any game that way. They are for people who want to better themselves and level up. Any loot/rewards are just minor icing on the cake.

The towers complaints I can understand, but that mode is actually intended to be casual, so it makes more sense.

Straight answer = NO

But I really think that the question exactly should not be " is grinding worth the rewards?" But, " Why this is the first MK game where I literally have to live online and do something that I do not want to do forever, in order to get things that are in the game?"

It is amazing to me how this situation has not been well addressed by us (consumers) and how pernicious and malevolent this is, coming from WB.
In order to not get the cons of being greedy and malevolent like EA games, they do not include loot boxes ( hmmmmm the shrine....but ok) and don't do shit like EA for example....but they are OBLIGING you to stay online everyday, everytime and do what they want you to do instead of you being the boss.
There is no justification whatsoever for this, unless: They want you to play what they want you to play, and not abandoning the game.

I do not like ToT and KL and I feel forced everytime to get brutalitiea and skins from there. This is ridiculous. And the krypt has never been so filled of crap and so time con suming, that even the good parts in there are overshadowed by the bullshit.

All these are WBs marketing tactics fucking the game up, and it is amazimg to me seeing kids giving leeway to this crap, and the community not addressing the problem.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think it's a good system, if you are one of those collectionist guys who needs that one skin it could be tough but it's dramatically better than Injustice 2's system and I think it helps maintain interest in the game long term. I log on multiple times a week to check towers and end up playing online more then I would otherwise.

Those character tower requirements were trash on release but they cleaned it up and made it fun.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
I never grinded. I didn't even make the krypt, char towers except a few or gauntlet.

I just lab and play online mostly

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
It's whatever. You can make the towers play themselves which is kinda nice cuz I can just watch football or some shit and press X.

Kombat League sucks, I go for the skins or brutals that I want and then stop playing it because I really don't have fun with it.