What's new

Tech - Slasher Slasher Tech and Strategy Discussion

Blade4693

VIVIVI
he does have some trouble with kenshi now in zoning but i believe most of the cast does. He basically is a 5-5 matchup(online) with the whole cast so just work on learning matchups and you will do fine. (offline is a different story and as i have no scene i cannot comment on it)
I agree, I think it has a lot to do with me just not knowing certain match ups well enough at the moment since there are certain characters I rarely come across (Kitana, Mileena, Shinnok, Qaun Chi) so ill definitely keep that in mind, thanks for the tips man!

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
guys it's jason for god's sake. jason + play smart dont go in the same sentence. if you're going to play jason u better bring it. A jason player needs balls, not brains.
I get your way of thinking but:
1) I'm behind Jason so he'll do it my way
2) See the movies. He's a creative killer. Wasn't always zombie-like

Also, do you play Jax the way you mention?

I get your way of thinking but:
1) I'm behind Jason so he'll do it my way
2) See the movies. He's a creative killer. Wasn't always zombie-like

Also, do you play Jax the way you mention?
no i try to play jax 'smart' but that is because jax has options. with jason tho, u get knocked down u know ur just gonna get peed on so i go balls over brains with jason for sure. also jason u know u catch em one time u get an easy ~40 percent combo. jason might be creative in the moves but in the game ur creativity is whether u should use f42 or b122.

at the end of the day a 'smart player' shouldnt be choosing jason in the first place because he is garbage.

if i wanna get in i try to abuse Jasons gdlk jump 2 into 122, f4, or f2 and make the all safe with df1. depending on their reactions i will go for f42 later on. in the corner i jump in with 32u1

Tweedy

Noob
I've been really getting into Mortal Kombat, so I decided to buy the Kombat pack today.

Is Jason really that bad? I understand that he's simple, but he has some decent starters. I've been using f42 as one as i'm sure most do, and then f2 + psycho slash or ex psycho slash to mix it up while still getting a hard knockdown.

I see people say that he's bottom 5 all the time... Is this because his wake up game is lacking? I have a much tougher time finding success with Liu Kang and Reptile, yet I have pretty good bnbs with them. I'd imagine that Jason could be much more successful in a tournament, online, or whatever than those two characters for example.

I main Scorpion and Erron Black, who I feel like are better characters, and characters that I have a better understanding of, so i'm definitely not going to main Jason, but I don't think he should be written off for whatever reason. Unless i'm missing something, or his wake up game is just too bad.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Playing slasher and doing JiP-overhead is easy as fuck. When they know I KNOW they block low it´s time for the F42 fest. For me is so enjoyable to play this variation because i can play easy with opponents minds. With other characters the 50/50 is real, for Jason Slasher´s is 100/0 the low block :DOGE

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I've been really getting into Mortal Kombat, so I decided to buy the Kombat pack today.

Is Jason really that bad? I understand that he's simple, but he has some decent starters. I've been using f42 as one as i'm sure most do, and then f2 + psycho slash or ex psycho slash to mix it up while still getting a hard knockdown.

I see people say that he's bottom 5 all the time... Is this because his wake up game is lacking? I have a much tougher time finding success with Liu Kang and Reptile, yet I have pretty good bnbs with them. I'd imagine that Jason could be much more successful in a tournament, online, or whatever than those two characters for example.

I main Scorpion and Erron Black, who I feel like are better characters, and characters that I have a better understanding of, so i'm definitely not going to main Jason, but I don't think he should be written off for whatever reason. Unless i'm missing something, or his wake up game is just too bad.
Jason has become comically underrated. I don't think he's bad at all.

Hidan

no i try to play jax 'smart' but that is because jax has options. with jason tho, u get knocked down u know ur just gonna get peed on so i go balls over brains with jason for sure. also jason u know u catch em one time u get an easy ~40 percent combo. jason might be creative in the moves but in the game ur creativity is whether u should use f42 or b122.

at the end of the day a 'smart player' shouldnt be choosing jason in the first place because he is garbage.
Ok look, I shared some minor but useful info which almost completes slasher's corner game

If you can add something to it, good

But, if your posts are for downplaying and not about tech, go make a "jason bottom 5" thread or something

You're not helping here

Ok look, I shared some minor but useful info which almost completes slasher's corner game

If you can add something to it, good

But, if your posts are for downplaying and not about tech, go make a "jason bottom 5" thread or something

You're not helping here
then why are u continuing the conversation. All you are saying is 'go away' lol.

Lies, I replied to you in case you changed your mind and as you continued, I suggested you something else

But "pretty plz, with sugar on top" stay & share if you want to
u replied to me in case i changed my mind? lol what? yeah im going to stay and its not because you are asking me lol. Don't try to increase the size of ur e-peen against me son. you think you bad you aint bad etc.

Hidan

u replied to me in case i changed my mind? lol what? yeah im going to stay and its not because you are asking me lol. Don't try to increase the size of ur e-peen against me son. you think you bad you aint bad etc.
You don't like hearing "go", you don't like hearing "stay" either.

Then you talk about sizes
and call me son

(So, what is he pretending to be... found it)
"Acting like a Bitch" trophy awarded

Well done... son

You don't like hearing "go", you don't like hearing "stay" either.

Then you talk about sizes
and call me son

(So, what is he pretending to be... found it)
"Acting like a Bitch" trophy awarded

Well done... son
He posts like an idiot and has the user name of a 13 year old. Hes probably a gamefaqs user that stumbled over here

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Is (Slasher) Jason really that bad? I feel like I do ok with him most of the time, but I guess that could be because I don't seem to get matched up with top/pro players lol

Hidan

@Blade4693
He's fine, tougher than relentless to use, but fine.

Actually I realized the other day that slasher has so many different moves that I tend to forget some, ending using only, F4/F2~BF3 & B122

So, I formed a list of useful moves I should add
122, 23, 24, D4

The first two are no launchers, but help Slasher main problem: closing in

"Hidan the first move whiffs"
"But the second will reach and it's +2 in both cases"

I used these kind of strings in both MK9 & Tekken. There is reason some 2nd or 3rd moves travel. Especially 122, this thing was made to work like this (AND jails with DF1 and maybe BF3 also)

Blade4693

VIVIVI
@Blade4693

Actually I realized the other day that slasher has so many different moves that I tend to forget some, ending using only, F4/F2~BF3 & B122

122, 23, 24, D4

I used these kind of strings in both MK9 & Tekken. There is reason some 2nd or 3rd moves travel. Especially 122, this thing was made to work like this (AND jails with DF1 and maybe BF3 also)
Yeah I seem to stick with F42, B122, 111, 112, and 122 lol its a bad habit I have developed to be honest. I agree though, I have trouble closing distance a lot of the time, people like to play keep away and try to zone me out and it can cause problems for me unless I want to use meter and armor charge in lol

Hidan

Yeah I seem to stick with F42, B122, 111, 112, and 122 lol its a bad habit I have developed to be honest. I agree though, I have trouble closing distance a lot of the time, people like to play keep away and try to zone me out and it can cause problems for me unless I want to use meter and armor charge in lol
Something cool that also works

Whiff 1 once, check if they try to punish, whiff 1 again... and if they stay defensive, press 122~cancel like a maniac

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
@Blade4693

122, 23, 24, D4

Try also the 12 .It has a 9f startup but first hit is high. Its +2 on block and +21 on hit and keeps the opponent stand and in front of you,and a perfect distance for another 12. So, on block you can keep doing 12,12,12... and on hit go for free F42.
Also 122 is so good to cancel it into with killing machine or BF1 ,both on hit

Last edited: