What's new

Skateboarding Appreciation Thread

McNasty

Moist.
Ill keep it simple post your memories, existing stories, favorite parts, tricks etc!

One of my all time favorites is Modus Operandi by Transworld

Mike Carroll is the fucking man and Kurupt-Trylogy sets the tempo for this amazing part:

Another favorite of mine is by Creature skateboards and features David Gravette a hometown hero.

I know im missing a lot of my favorite parts I'll add more as they come to me but this guy is sick!

Other videos to see:
Stereo skateboards-A visual sound(underrated more art than tricks)
Toy Machine-Welcome to hell
Alien Workshop-Photosynthesis
Flip-Really sorry
Girl-Yeah right
Zero-Strange world(early Jamie Thomas is incredible)
Lakai- Fully flared
Baker-Baker 2G
Black Label-Label Kills
Almost-Round 1,2,3 and Cheese and Crackers

My best trick ever was a kickflip BS tailslide on a small ledge for about 4 feet. Im a skateboard scrub:(

My favorite tricks would have to include: Nollie crook, big-spin FS boardslide, Laserflip, BIIIIG hardflips or ghetto birds, inward heels, anything involving inverted bluntslides.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I haven't skated in like 4 years lol. I wasn't that good but it was a ton of fun and relaxing. I broke my arm once and sprained my ankle really bad trying to crooked a 6 set. Good times :)
These were a couple of my favorite guys to watch

Jamal Smith (mini ramps ftw)

Stefan Janoski

McNasty

Moist.
Round 1 Rodney Mullen vs Daewon Song is ridiculous! I agree rob one of the greatest of all time.

EDIT:One word Darkslide.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i love skating but as a kid i was always too fat lol my brother was sponsored before he went apeshit and fell off ;)
tom penny is sick btw

Satan1

Ice Pirate
All Hail CARDIEL!

Not the best but one of the most gnar, gnar skaters that ever stepped on a board. BS 360 melon in Marseilles, FTW!

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate

Myself at 1:35 back in High school. I got a lot better through college...but now I just skate mini haha

I am first in this one.

and bamf Brian Wenning steeze

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Used to skate a little when I was younger, but now I enjoy watching Tony Hawk and the newer guys coming up now. I still consider him the God of skateboarding!

Matix218

Get over here!
Skateboarding was my life from middle school through college. Its awesome to see other TYM guys that love skating! And that Mike Carroll part from Modus Operandi was one of my all time favs.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

Myself at 1:35 back in High school. I got a lot better through college...but now I just skate mini haha

I am first in this one.

and bamf Brian Wenning steeze
Nice vids man, I would never try that without a cup. Did you ever do roller blade tricks to or just skateboard? With rails, grinds etc