What's new

Strategy Skarlet Kombos

Bach741

Noob
John Grizzly, I wish I had XBOX so we could play! Loving your posts, along with those of everyone else. It's awesome to have a community that shares like this, and such good MK players to boot. Thanks to all of you!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Unfortunately, f+3,1,2~d,f+3,4 appears to be interruptable on block by fast pokes and special attacks.

By the way, for those of you who did not know, you can perform a couple or more f+4~d,f+3,b+2 in a combo sometimes. For example, f+3,1,2~d,f+3,b+2, f+4~d,f+3,b+2, f+4~d,f+3,b+2, 2~d,f+3,4 does 40% of damage.

@ Konqrr, I am not sure about anti-aerial attacks. I too was thinking either b+1,1 or b+2 until u+3 gets fixed. The slashes are not safer out of the Red Dash, according to Tom Brady.

For those of you who are curious, I doubt Skarlet will turn out to be a combo character. I think she is all about mid range zoning, and you will have to know dagger cancels like the back of your hand.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Unfortunately, f+3,1,2~d,f+3,4 appears to be interruptable on block by fast pokes and special attacks.

By the way, for those of you who did not know, you can perform a couple or more f+4~d,f+3,b+2 in a combo sometimes. For example, f+3,1,2~d,f+3,b+2, f+4~d,f+3,b+2, f+4~d,f+3,b+2, 2~d,f+3,4 does 40% of damage.

@ Konqrr, I am not sure about anti-aerial attacks. I too was thinking either b+1,1 or b+2 until u+3 gets fixed. The slashes are not safer out of the Red Dash, according to Tom Brady.

For those of you who are curious, I doubt Skarlet will turn out to be a combo character. I think she is all about mid range zoning, and you will have to know dagger cancels like the back of your hand.
This. 100%

The practical combo I use is B+2, overhead slice, dash, 2, uppercut slice, dash, 2, uppercut slice, jump kick, teleport stab.

37% meterless. I haven't seen much beat that without wasting a ton of meter, and imo it's really easy to do. Great punisher combo.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I mostly use b2~df3~b2, b2~df3~b2, f4~df3~f2, 112~df3 as a punisher.

Why use the Red Dash in this instance? Because it advances me closer to the corner.

f4 and f43 are so gdlk.

you will be able to upslash & downslash from the red dash but being able to do it out of the slide is the problem & thats whats being removed :)
also i havent tested that combo yet but in my head it seems like it will whif , you could probably land the glitch though (redslide into upslash ) lol but not sure will get back after ive tried it.
Yea I agree. the f4 is hard to get to land consistently. When I've landed it, I haven't been able to hit with anything following it after the next dash to upslash. I think in total it's like 31%, and not really worth it when there's much easier stuff.

I just use these as they're way more consistent for similar damage.

jp, f3, 1, db2, dash, f3, 1, df 2, dash 1, 1, 4, df3, 4.

jp, b1, 1, f4, df3, f2, dash, f3, 1, 2, df3, 4.

Abudabi

Noob

I think only one person on this thread posted a dagger-cancel combo for her so far

So...what do you guys normally do to punish a blocked teleport and they are just rolling in the air in front of you (Mileena, for example)?

-M-

Noob

These are the best no meter combos that I know of from common starters and haven't seen around before, though I might have missed them since I haven't really kept up to date, so they might be known?

Midscreen
44% - qcf+3,4~qcf+2, dash, 2,3, qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash, 2,3, qcf+3,4~qcf+2
46% - 2,1,2, dagger cancel, 2,3, qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash, 2,3, qcf+3,4~qcf+2
48% - f+2,1,2,1+2,qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash 2,3,qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash 2,qcf+3,4
52% - jp, f+3,1,2,qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash 2,3,qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash 2,qcf+3,4
Corner
55% - jp, f+3,1, u+3,qcf+1, u+3,4,qcf+1, b+1,1,f+4,qcb+2, b+1,1,f+4,qcf+3,4~qcf+2

indig0

Noob
Cool combos. I didn't know you could cancel the dash slide into a slash. It took me a bit of practice, but I think I finally have it down. With this, the damage limit for Skarlet's combos really go up.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
Cool combos. I didn't know you could cancel the dash slide into a slash. It took me a bit of practice, but I think I finally have it down. With this, the damage limit for Skarlet's combos really go up.
i believe it was said that skarlet being able to cancel the slide into a up/down slash is a glitch and will be patched out as well as her back throw doing 17%

indig0

Noob
i believe it was said that skarlet being able to cancel the slide into a up/down slash is a glitch and will be patched out as well as her back throw doing 17%
That makes sense. The timing for the cancel is stupid, even though it looks cool and does a bunch of damage.

SLASH

Noob

These are the best no meter combos that I know of from common starters and haven't seen around before, though I might have missed them since I haven't really kept up to date, so they might be known?

Midscreen
44% - qcf+3,4~qcf+2, dash, 2,3, qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash, 2,3, qcf+3,4~qcf+2
46% - 2,1,2, dagger cancel, 2,3, qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash, 2,3, qcf+3,4~qcf+2
48% - f+2,1,2,1+2,qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash 2,3,qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash 2,qcf+3,4
52% - jp, f+3,1,2,qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash 2,3,qcf+3,4~qcb+2, dash 2,qcf+3,4
Corner
55% - jp, f+3,1, u+3,qcf+1, u+3,4,qcf+1, b+1,1,f+4,qcb+2, b+1,1,f+4,qcf+3,4~qcf+2
good work nice combos.

-M-

Noob
Hmm, I was unaware of that, mostly because I haven't really read all too much of the Skarlet forums, just screwed around in practice mode with her a lot. If this is indeed the case then that cuts a fair chunk out of her combo damage.

So I'm trying to pick up Skarlet, mostly just to learn what she can do to me, but I may end up using her in some capacity. Do people usually start combos with b2? It leads to super easy 41% but seems kinda hard to punish with/hit consistently?

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
So I'm trying to pick up Skarlet, mostly just to learn what she can do to me, but I may end up using her in some capacity. Do people usually start combos with b2? It leads to super easy 41% but seems kinda hard to punish with/hit consistently?
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?6365-Skarlet-s-Special-Moves-X-Ray-Fatalities-in-detail

The combos in there are a good place to start. They aren't as easy as the B2 launch, but it's worth learning the dash loops anyhow, and 2,1,2 and 3,1 are the most common punish/hitconfirms.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
made up a combo with blood ball in corner

jump in punch, b+2 ~ downslash, nuetral jump punch,b+2~ bloodball- (37%)

b+2 into bloodball hits right when they are about eye level but it connects :)