What's new

Strategy Skarlet Kombos

This combo will be gone soon after they fix the slide bug. I bet that hurt using the 360 pad lol
lol & its an old controller, im getting the ps3 version when its available 2moz hopefully so it will be a walk in the park after that torture :) i actually put in the description that its getting patched :), also good stuff at the tournament your kitana got my adrenalin pumping.

Lt.Blade

Noob
48% Midscreen combo I created

J.P,B+2 ,xx, D/B+2 (dash), B+2, D/B+2 ,(dash), 2,3 ,xx, D/F+3,xx, D/F+2 :en J.K ,xx, D/B+4 :en

Somberness

Lights
upslash/downslash/xray from the slide is a bug/unintended and will be gone soon.
Because you can fix stuff, how about making it so Skarlet's alternate costume can be used by people who aren't modders? I won't be getting any other dlc if you don't want to release the complete character. :\

Other than that, I think she is very well done, the cpu even knows some damaging combos to use.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
The downloaded file was pretty big. In fact, I say it was huge. I'm guessing in addition to the voicework for the endings and tweaking of incomplete data, they also added an AI for her.

RedDjinn

Noob
Please tell me everyone isnt screaming shes OP here too... Do you people even realize some of the amount of skill it takes to do some of her juggles?

Shes just a great character, but like we dont have those already... Kung Lao, Reptile, Sub... Yea scream OP on day 1 LOL

JagoMIH

Noob
60% 1 bar combo at wall

jump in punch f2,1,2,1+2~db2, b1,1,f4~db2, b1,1,f4~db2, 112 (stun), f2,1,2,1+2~en df1

the last string in that combo is block damage, dunno if it's avoidable or not. the first hit (f2) is high but the rest are mids/overheads and the daggers seem to jail

jump in punch f2,1,2,1+2~db2, b1,1,f4~db2, b1,1,f4~db2, 1~xray - 51%

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
All that should change prior to EVO is the following:

1. Red Dash Slide no longer able to cancel to upslash/downslash/xray
2. Back throw damage same as front throw (ie: not 17% lol)
3. u3 doable from a dash (currently you can only do it while you are stationary, which is a problem)

Leave the damage where it is unless it can be changed very soon so she doesn't get the nerf-bat right before EVO. I believe the cutoff for changes for EVO is July 6th, so all this should happen by then!

Jamison

Noob
Some of the Scarlet combos posted are some what difficult to pull off, but I am not Tom Brady proficient either, more like noob to MK since I haven't played any since MK 3. Here are some easier ones that are not going to give you 44% but can be pulled off consistently without fail and are all around 30%.

jp, F3, F1, QCB 2, F3, F1, F2 easy 28%

jp, F3, F1, QCB 2, F3, F1 QCF 2, ->->(dash), uppercut

jp, F3, F1, QCB 2, F3, F1 QCF 2, ->->(dash), 1, 1, or B2, QCF 2, QCF 3, then press 4

Corner: jp, F3, F1, F2, QCB 2, QCF1, 1,1, QCF1, uppercut or can finish with X-Ray

I don't see the problem with red dash being able to cancel to upslash / downslash. If those get taken out, she's got a bunch of starting strings that don't even make sense to use.

Also, I've been trying really hard to land the f212, 1+2 ~ df3 ~f2, dash ~ b1, 1, f4 ~df3 f2, dash f3, 1, df 1 combo.... I don't think it's possible.

After the last df3 ~f2, the opponent is WAY too far away to be hit by dash ~f3.

Abudabi

Noob
I don't see the problem with red dash being able to cancel to upslash / downslash. If those get taken out, she's got a bunch of starting strings that don't even make sense to use.
Because after blocking the slide, its impossible to counter the overhead

Also, I've been trying really hard to land the f212, 1+2 ~ df3 ~f2, dash ~ b1, 1, f4 ~df3 f2, dash f3, 1, df 1 combo.... I don't think it's possible.

you will be able to upslash & downslash from the red dash but being able to do it out of the slide is the problem & thats whats being removed :)
also i havent tested that combo yet but in my head it seems like it will whif , you could probably land the glitch though (redslide into upslash ) lol but not sure will get back after ive tried it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

When I do that combo, the f4 part whiffs. Seems not worth it to me as there are braindead combos that do more damage and have better setups.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
So what strings are you guys using in real matches to get her combos started? I'm curious because a lot of her combo starters for a lot of listed combos are pretty slow. 112 is a good fast poke but not really much combo potential, just a bit of a mixup with dash or daggers. f2, 1,2 1+2 is pretty good though if you input it all and they block I'm pretty sure they can punish pretty hard.

Jump in punch, forward + 3, 1, down-back-2, dash, 1, down-forward 2, dash, 1, (EX) down-back 2, dash, 1, (EX) down-forward 1

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So what strings are you guys using in real matches to get her combos started? I'm curious because a lot of her combo starters for a lot of listed combos are pretty slow. 112 is a good fast poke but not really much combo potential, just a bit of a mixup with dash or daggers. f2, 1,2 1+2 is pretty good though if you input it all and they block I'm pretty sure they can punish pretty hard.
I haven't played a vs match with her yet, but f4 is an awesome poke.

Does anyone know if b2 is good for anti air?

lol i haven't used her in a match yet either , yeah that f4 is awesome i was really surprised how quick it is.& if pressure get to much just f43 damb thats safe !

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Is f312 xx dash slide interruptable? Because if not, her BnB is probably going to turn to f312 xx dash b2, 212 xx dagger cancel, 23 xx dash slide/dagger.

Jamison

Noob
Is f312 xx dash slide interruptable? Because if not, her BnB is probably going to turn to f312 xx dash b2, 212 xx dagger cancel, 23 xx dash slide/dagger.
Yes online this is your best bet. F31, QCB 2, F312 works everytime even with lag. Any combo with F312 pretty safe

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
f31 xx downslash is unsafe and more difficult to hitconfirm than f31 xx dash b2.

I think Skarlet's BnBs are going to come down to whatever launches, then 23 xx downslash, 23 xx dash slide.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Is downslash/upslash more safe if done out of Red Dash? She recovers faster when you do them from the dash when it hits for sure.