What's new

Strategy Skarlet Kombos

Xoo

Noob
Just want to say to all the people figuring out kombos right now, be careful how much you start with b+2. It's a great way to get downslash to kombo but the move itself is horribly slow and doesn't kombo from anything. It's pretty hard to hit vs characters with quick strings.

Edit: Also 2,1 upslash works for a launch and is fairly quick annnnnd I'd say f+2 is a quicker way to start a launch than b+2 as well. b+2 leads into the most damaging kombos, but you may find it hard to land on things other than training dummies.

Xoo

Noob
I'm having a really hard time with this so I'll ask if someone with lighter hands can manage it. So you can do Red Dashxx4xxf+2 to get the low and the upslash hit, is it possible to end a kombo with this or does the 4 hit mess up the upslash? (timing is really tight on the cancel already and I'm just getting frustrated trying to get it out at the end of a kombo by this point.)

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Here's what I managed to come up with:

F3, 1, Upslash, 2,3, Upslash, 1,1, Dagger Toss = 31% 10hits

F3,1, Downslash, 2,3, Upslash, 1,1, Dagger Toss = 34% 10 hits

F3,1, Downslash, 2,3, Upslash, 1, Slide = 34% 8 hits

B2, Downslash, B2, Upslash, Uppercut = 33% 5 hits

B2, Downslash, B2, Upslash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss = 35%

Overall I'm not feeling her. She's way too fast and technical for my crappy controller and takes a ton of effort to do 30%+ combos. Her X-Ray is completely useless to combo into. Many specials on the same button means negative edge will ruin it for me. And I know that the lag will make it even harder to combo with her online.

Up slash into blood drop will link, but the timing is crazy hard. I find it tougher than KL's 2 after 2,4, 1+3. We're talking like a frame.

Read online people are linking after a B1,1,3 starter but I can't - recovery on that 3 kick is huge. Am I missing something?

Let's spar! PSN: haha_dead

babalook

Noob
11, b2, b11 all comb into df3 4slide df2 meaning after these combo starter if the opponent blocks the first hit they must block low to avoid getting put into a combo allowing you to mixup on block either the low of the over head from her dash stance. This is especially good with b2 because it requires no hit detection both b2(over head) and 4df2(low) combo after the b2 hits which both lead into the about 38%+ dmg. God she has the stupidest 50/50s, crazy zoneing, and her EX df3 has super armor to counter pressure wtf doesn't this bitch have.

Move over Liu Kang. We have a new candidate for easiest juggler in the game.

JP, B2, DB2, dash 2, DF2, dash 2, DF 2, dash 114, DF1. 40% super easy.

Haven't gotten the next one to land, but I think it probably can:

JP, B2, DB2, dash 2, DF2, Dash 2, DF2, Dash, F212, 1+2, DF1.

Just want to say to all the people figuring out kombos right now, be careful how much you start with b+2. It's a great way to get downslash to kombo but the move itself is horribly slow and doesn't kombo from anything. It's pretty hard to hit vs characters with quick strings.

Edit: Also 2,1 upslash works for a launch and is fairly quick annnnnd I'd say f+2 is a quicker way to start a launch than b+2 as well. b+2 leads into the most damaging kombos, but you may find it hard to land on things other than training dummies.
You can combo it from a jump in punch, but yea, slow hit starters dont usually pan out too well against other people. You can use different starters to combo into the downslash (or upslash) though, and then just finish the rest of the combo from there.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Here's one I haven't seen mentioned:

b2 xx db2, dash, b2 xx db2, dash, b11f4 xx db4 39% (42 with JPS of course)

hm.. may have found a new main... just way too many combo options.. I've figured out tons of them with different starters.. looks like pretty much all of them are listed here except this.

jp, b1, 1, f4, df3, f2, dash, f3, 1, 2, df1

I tried that super long xray combo, but I could only do it if I started from the b1, 1, f4. When I did the whole string, I had a really hard time getting the f4 to connect.

My fingers feel like they are about to bleed after trying this one, so far unsuccessful:

f2, 1, 2, 1 + 2, df3, f2, dash, b1, 1, f4, df 3, f2, dash, f3, 1, 2, df3, 4. (pretty much the xray combo with a slide instead of the xray)

more practice tomorrow.

Played her for a bit....maybe like 2 hours today.

Worked out one alright combo, 37% midscreen no meter.

jp, f312, df3b2, dash,2 df2, jk db4.

I also noticed the you can combo her Blood Slide into her x ray if you are fast enough. Might be a good way to catch someone off guard who keeps blocking mid.

jp, 2, 1, 2, df1 (hold 1), dash, 2, 1, 2, df1 (hold 1), dash 2, 3, df1 / df3~4 (Kitana like)
f3, 1, 2, df2, dash 2, 3, df3~f2, jk, db4

Random corner crap I came up with so far. It definitely can be improved upon, but it's day 1 and all. Feel free to expand upon it.

jp, 21, df2, b2, db2, 2, df2, 2, df2, d1, df1 (or df3~4 for same damage)
jp, 21, df2, u3, j.df1, 2, df2, d1, df3~4

I messed around with red dash a little and found this combo, which is nice because I screw up dashing into normals all the time and get f+ versions
jp, 21, df2, 2, df3~b+2, f+2, df3~f+2, df3~4

negative edge are making these combos a lot more difficult than they should be for me.

Also what is with you people posting combos and not including dmg?

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Just throwing an idea out there.

You can get someone to block low by throwing out b1, 1, b4 I believe it is. Last hit is low. If it's not a 4 try 3, not at my xbox.

But yeah that string seems decent for making a person block low which is great if you're going for a jumping 2 into the B2, DB2 40% bnbs.

You could always command dash and do a tick throw or try some safe strings mixed with dagger cancels to keep them guessing.

Hopefully someone weeds out all the less practical combos and compiles a good guide.

Tried this but when u dash and do 2 there is a high chance that foward.2 comes out so this is ok but we need something that is more reliable no offence
I Have to disagree with you. Maybe its difficult for you to get consistently 2 instead of f2 but for myself its pretty basic not to get the f+2. This combo works fine if you buffer enough your inputs.

Perhaps your playing on a pad cause on a stick its pretty easy to do this with 100% efficiency. ;)

As for myself i prefer to end my combo's with 112 xx dash all the time. :D

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Alright , apparently Everybody in here (from the vids) plays Skarlet in a lesser potential. So here's a quick Vid sample for the day (consider it Day 1 skarlet bnb combo after 3 hours of play).

The dash loop is a must use for her! very usefull, Puts opponent to corner quickly, More damage and more mix ups/ traps.....dont do the same mistake like Everybody did with Jill valentine in MVC3 (i see a similarity between skarlet and jill to be honest).

hopefully i shall make a vid for her if i got a room, time as well as energy. will be around this weekend hopefully.....enjoy the idea.

PS: if you know bout it, then ur on the right approach for skarlet potential. If u dont, then start using this dash loop cause it's everything for Skarlet

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wow... she is a mixup GODDESS.

Red Dash xx Slide xx Up Slash makes the Slide safe and if it hits, you get a free combo into 112 ender for mixup again.

f4~Red Dash~b2 x3, f4~Red Dash~f2, d1~Red Dash~Slide = lolz

You can pretty much end every type of combo with a 112~Red Dash for a free mixup and they get no wakeup option and must guess. If Red Dash~b2 and Red Dash~Slide~Up Slash are safe, then she is too good haha

Skarlet ftw... but she's seems OP to me right now.

Is the dash slide into up slash safe?? Up slash comes out so slow it looks like Reptile's elbow dash or some other things could interrupt.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
I Have to disagree with you. Maybe its difficult for you to get consistently 2 instead of f2 but for myself its pretty basic not to get the f+2. This combo works fine if you buffer enough your inputs.

Perhaps your playing on a pad cause on a stick its pretty easy to do this with 100% efficiency. ;)

As for myself i prefer to end my combo's with 112 xx dash all the time. :D
I'm using a stick but what ever

Have only spent a few mins on Skarlet. This thread is really helpful for ideas, now I have things to work off of to make my own combos.

Still trying to get used to Red Dash, it just feels so different then other characters. I'm still used to doing normal dash and I find myself saying "oh derp! she has a dash move". I'm mad free with Skarlet right now lol!

Only combo I came up with after 3 mins of playing her is a sad 24%. Not much, but hey it's worth experimenting. I have barely touched most of her movelist anyway which I will get to very soon.