What's new

General/Other Sinestro R.I.P. 2013-He never was allowed to live

SevenSeas

I'm a big guy, for you.
I am very new and don't quite understand the 'technical' language terms of fighting games. What are negative frames?
Frames of a second.

Each move has start up frames, how long it takes for the move to start working.

Active frames, frames in which the move... is active and doing stuff.

Recovery Frames is how long it takes for you to be able to start doing other stuff.

Block advantage is the number of frames that which your opponent can't do anything while blocking your attacks.

Negative frames means that the move, on block, has more recovery frames, than block advantage. Meaning your opponent is allowed to do something, before you are. If this is a long enough time, they will punish you.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I am very new and don't quite understand the 'technical' language terms of fighting games. What are negative frames?
When the recipient recovers faster than you. Depending on the game certain amounts of negative frames can be punished with combos ("punishable"), typically for blocked or whiffed moves.

Frames of a second.

Each move has start up frames, how long it takes for the move to start working.

Active frames, frames in which the move... is active and doing stuff.

Recovery Frames is how long it takes for you to be able to start doing other stuff.

Block advantage is the number of frames that which your opponent can't do anything while blocking your attacks.

Negative frames means that the move, on block, has more recovery frames, than block advantage. Meaning your opponent is allowed to do something, before you are. If this is a long enough time, they will punish you.
Great explanation thankyou. This should help loads of new ish fighting game players inc myself! (i've been playing a while to) but never really focused on frame data.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Looool dude Pig Of The Hut you can't kill him pre-release! That's worse than Nightwolf!

At least give him a chance.. You never know when a Wafflez will ride him to victory.
Dont compare a characters who is safe on every string with 80% resets to a character whose -10 on everything and -23 to -34 on projectiles when he's a designed zoner and spends 2 bars to break 30%

Shady

Noob
Community is full of drama queens. I personally don't care if he's low tier or high tier. I still fully intend in using him through casuals and maybe even in tournaments. Don't care. I have Harley (and later the Flash) to fall back on, but I won't give up on a character because of some negative frames and lower damage. I'll just go ahead and find a way to make him viable.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Community is full of drama queens. I personally don't care if he's low tier or high tier. I still fully intend in using him through casuals and maybe even in tournaments. Don't care. I have Harley (and later the Flash) to fall back on, but I won't give up on a character because of some negative frames and lower damage. I'll just go ahead and find a way to make him viable.
Im not being a drama queen, This is based off humor and if you had any f ing idea of the inside joke about this you'd know that. Stop coming into my threads attacking

Top tier or low tier w you it wont matter