What's new

Tech Sinestro Push Block Trait setup (DEAR GOD)

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
After taking a little hiatus and testing this out, it doesn't appear that the damage from the resources spent is very high.

Have we determined if there is an optimal setup off of this? When/What you pushblock also impacts how easy/viable it is to capitalize off the shackles.
I'll find one by Final Round (if it's still allowed).

RIF

Noob
Here's what I have found....

Dash, F2D13 (14/15%)
Dash, B13, B12, Arachnid (17%)
Dash, B13, 3, FB (18%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J1, J1(23%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, AoT(23%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, B12 (24%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, J2, AoT (25%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, 22, Arachnid (25%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, 112 (25%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, B213 (26/27%)

This thread reeks of fear and after testing out the 4 Dash 4 combo, it should. It's not a good look. Counters need to be found or this is very very OP.

Last edited:
Here's what I have found....

Dash, F2D13 (14/15%)
Dash, B13, B12, Arachnid (17%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J1, J1(23%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, AoT(23%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, B12 (24%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, J2, AoT (25%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, 22, Arachnid (25%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, 112 (25%)
Dash, B13, Trait, B3, J2, B213 (26/27%)

I do not think it is possible to convert this into the vortex. I was unable to land 1B23 which leads into a jump-in cross-up. *IF* it's possible to land that, then there's a chance to be put into a cross-up/vortex.

I'd rather go into B12-Arachnid-Trait-MB arachnid. It does more damage for the same resources.

*IF* and this is a BIG *IF* all Sinestro gets (outside of the corner) is 15-17% for this, is it still as bad? It's a costly GTFO me option.

This thread reeks of fear.
Nah man, this tech would be godlike even if Sinestro only got 1% out of it.

Some rushdown characters struggle to get in on Sinestro. And when they finally manage to get in and apply pressure he just pushblocks into trait shackles and reverses the pressure or just sends you full screen again. The damage and setup he can get afterwards is just a bonus.

Also I read somewhere Pig and Wound can get around 40% interactable reset out of this. I have yet to see it though.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
This tech is pretty broken, but did you see Whiteboy and King vs Woundcowboy? This def seems game breaker/god tier/10-0 on paper. But it's def winnable. IMO this makes him an unarguable top 3 character tho.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
dont let cowboys placing fool you.. .once this tech is on lock and fully explored.. hes gonna win matches free
It's not that. King was bullying him, Wound barely got his trait out, and when he did he had to use it to keep him out. It's not as easy as everyone was saying, that's more than clear.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Am I the only one who doesn't think this is that broken? You have to burn a bar and a trait shot AND it's kinda tough to get good damage AND its likely impossible to get vortex off. Everyone is freaking the fuck out--this isn't nearly as solid as the Batgirl glitch, even if it's a 1 frame link.

That said, it does make him a good bit stronger vs characters he's probably already strong against.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Am I the only one who doesn't think this broken in the least? You have to burn a bar and a trait shot AND it's really tough to get good damage AND its nearly impossible to get vortex off this unless you're in the corner. Everyone is freaking the fuck out--this is nothing like the Batgirl glitch, even if it's a 1 frame link.
it does not matter how much damage he does or how hard combos are off it..

its the pricinple that he punishes YOU for Blocking Your Offense! which is needed vs a zoner!

Just like how shazam was able to punish ppl for teching his Grab or him teching yours! with a combo.
it was removed because stuff like a tech grab and push block is meant to set the players at neutral

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
But wait, I thought this tech was gonna make wound win scr for free? I thought this tech was gonna make Rushdown characters free to Sinestro?

Not blowing wound up, but man, this was a huge upset.

RIF

Noob
Nah man, this tech would be godlike even if Sinestro only got 1% out of it.

Some rushdown characters struggle to get in on Sinestro. And when they finally manage to get in and apply pressure he just pushblocks into trait shackles and reverses the pressure or just sends you full screen again. The damage and setup he can get afterwards is just a bonus.

Also I read somewhere Pig and Wound can get around 40-60% interactable reset out of this. I have yet to see it though.
It's only on certain stages. The tech is very strong, but it suffers from a few things:

- The opponent has to be grounded
- It costs resources
- Sinestro has to build trait prior to this even being an option
- It stops Sinestro from having vortex conversion options
- It stops Sinestro from being able to perform MB FB. Regular FB is very negative.
- You can lose it via a transition
- You can lose it via a clash
- Not all push-blocked strings can be converted
Doomsday, Bane, and Grundy have ways of dealing with this. Batman can ALSO perform the tech with a Bat, but I cannot convert off the bat hit. Someone who plays Batman might be able to do it.

I think in certain match-ups, it will be powerful. In others, it will be used once a match. We all agree, but let's take a closer look before we claim top 3.

RIF

Noob
it does not matter how much damage he does or how hard combos are off it..

its the pricinple that he punishes YOU for Blocking Your Offense! which is needed vs a zoner!

Just like how shazam was able to punish ppl for teching his Grab or him teching yours! with a combo.
it was removed because stuff like a tech grab and push block is meant to set the players at neutral
I don't think that the punish is the problem. It's the fact that I can put you at full screen with F2D13 after hitting you with this tech. Now you have to work your way back in again. It's powerful against certain characters and MUCH less so against others.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
It's only on certain stages. The tech is very strong, but it suffers from a few things:

- The opponent has to be grounded
- It costs resources
- Sinestro has to build trait prior to this even being an option
- It stops Sinestro from having vortex conversion options
- It stops Sinestro from being able to perform MB FB. Regular FB is very negative.
- You can lose it via a transition
- You can lose it via a clash
- Not all push-blocked strings can be converted
Doomsday, Bane, and Grundy have ways of dealing with this. Batman can ALSO perform the tech with a Bat, but I cannot convert off the bat hit. Someone who plays Batman might be able to do it.

I think in certain match-ups, it will be powerful. In others, it will be used once a match. We all agree, but let's take a closer look before we claim top 3.
Jeez dude thank you. It's a solid tool that might be useful in some situations. Way too early to lose your shit over.

RIF

Noob
But wait, I thought this tech was gonna make wound win scr for free? I thought this tech was gonna make Rushdown characters free to Sinestro?

Not blowing wound up, but man, this was a huge upset.
You still need to built the trait. You still need to be in the right position to use the tech. Having said that, you ONLY need to use it ONCE as a Sinestro player for it to pay off. There are positives and negatives. Let's see how it fleshes out.

We haven't even begun discussing the YOMI and potential counters.

Well he was already considered top 10 before without even knowing about this tech. I don't think it's too crazy to think he's in the top 5 conversation now.

Sinestro: Top 10 with trait. Top 3 with trait and meter. Bottom 10 without trait lol.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
People are stupid!

People saying sinestro can't set up trait in some MU is ridiculous. He can play footsies with Aquaman carefully and slowly till he has trait...once he does that MU goes from 4-6 to 3-7 the other way.

He can block all counter zoning on reaction and get trait in ALL Matchups. Maybe he can't get it out free in one charge but he was never intended to. Cowboy has been recognized as one of the TOP downplayers. He was top 5 before this and is now broken.

Landing shackles after is easy as FUCK. I was doing it consistently after 1 min in practice mode.

LETS BE FUCKING REAL
How does Sinestro "carefully play footsies until he gets trait"

The reason this matchup is bad is because it's so difficult to get trait in the first place. There is no "careful footsies" ... Sinestro's b12/d1/f2d13/etc all get dominated by aquaman's footsie tools (which have more range and are faster) for free and Sinestro has trouble anti-airing him. By the time Sinestro gets trait out he's usually at a huge life disadvantage and there is no reason for aquaman to rush down and get push blocked. And then even if Sinestro does this tech to aquaman he traits out.

This trait makes some of Sinestro's advantage matchups unbearable, but he will still have bad matchups.

This trait makes some of Sinestro's advantage matchups unbearable, but he will still have bad matchups.
This IMO is still the real problem that a lot of people are missing in their sigh of relief that Sinestro might not be "the kabal of injustice". Yes, he's got bad matchups and a lot of characters can keep him honest....but if your character already had trouble dealing with Sinestro then the matchup is still probably even more lopsided now....on paper at least.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I love all of the hypothesis MU's/gamebreakers/tier lists/etc. It happens with EVERY single piece of tech/glitch/whatever.

Some characters have a shit time getting in on Sinestro and it will make it worse, I agree. However, this making him unbeatable is ridiculous. King/Whiteboi rushed Wound down HARD, with characters that have great rushdown tools and PREVENTED him from getting trait all that often.

Should it be fixed? Yes.

Is it gamebreaking and makes him unbeatable against the whole cast? No, your hypothesis has been proven wrong tonight.

It does need to be fixed though because if he does use it to even get 1% and wins the match, it would be bullshit.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
After taking a little hiatus and testing this out, it doesn't appear that the damage from the resources spent is very high.

Have we determined if there is an optimal setup off of this? When/What you pushblock also impacts how easy/viable it is to capitalize off the shackles.
U GET 38-60%

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
There are some idiotic sinestro players

MY brain hurts reading this thread
Lol please enlighten us then. What is the 38-60% combo/setup? I don't think any of us are definitively saying it's not overpowered - we're just open to the idea that it might not be.

Given the amount of ludicrous overreactions TYM has had, you'd think people would be more open minded about this.