What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Hey if two players can test something. Sindels B2 could be a good anti wake up attack tool. I have noticed this week then when I time a B2 on a grounded foe lets say baraka is trying to do wake up chop chop well I was hitting him out of his wake up chop chop. Vs characters that advance forward a little with their specials like jades over head staff attack sindel goes right through her and I can hit jades back with a air fireball if you do the fireball direction the opposite way. Or if scorpion wakes up with his take down move a B1, 2 will go through him ( some other payer discovered this but I forgot his name sorry). There's other attacks I was hitting my foes wake up with B2 one was vs ermac not sure which attack of his it was. I also been working on 44 stuff like if you are close enough do 44 to stop there wake up and she will end up on the other side of them you can do the fireball from that direction hitting there back.

When and if I ever get time I can test this vs all the characters. I can't try this in practice mode because NRS set that to wake up with enhanced attacks -_- which have invincibility frames so whatever fuck you practice mode.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Espio

Kokomo
Hey if two players can test something. Sindels B2 could be a good anti wake up attack tool. I have noticed this week then when I time a B2 on a grounded foe lets say baraka is trying to do wake up chop chop well I was hitting him out of his wake up chop chop. Vs characters that advance forward a little with their specials like jades over head staff attack sindel goes right through her and I can hit jades back with a air fireball if you do the fireball direction the opposite way. Or if scorpion wakes up with his take down move a B1, 2 will go through him ( some other payer discovered this but I forgot his name sorry). There's other attacks I was hitting my foes wake up with B2 one was vs ermac not sure which attack of his it was. I also been working on 44 stuff like if you are close enough do 44 to stop there wake up and she will end up on the other side of them you can do the fireball from that direction hitting there back.

When and if I ever get time I can test this vs all the characters. I can't try this in practice mode because NRS set that to wake up with enhanced attacks -_- which have invincibility frames so whatever fuck you practice mode.

If you wanna test this with me next time we play, by all means I'd love to help you :).

Seapeople

This one's for you
~QUESTION~
I wonder if there were any Sindel representatives @NEC (trying) to rep her.
Didn't hear/read anything. :( Does anybody reading this know?
DanCock was there but I don't know if he got on stream.
Btw do you guys know if Sindel still gets random advantage off 2 if she does 2~levi cancel?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
~QUESTION~
I wonder if there were any Sindel representatives @NEC (trying) to rep her.
Didn't hear/read anything. :( Does anybody reading this know?
Just myself and I was rushed to play first thing Sunday morning. Half asleep. I'm someone who needs some type of advantage or help and got none :/ I was ready on Saturday night but that meant nothing :(

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Just myself and I was rushed to play first thing Sunday morning. Half asleep. I'm someone who needs some type of advantage or help and got none :/ I was ready on Saturday night but that meant nothing :(

I did see you in the tag thing. you looked okay there. good to see sindel at least once on stream lol.

Espio

Kokomo
What's everyone's favorite reverse uppercut combo? The only one I can usually land is reverse uppercut, down 1, hair grab haha.

I've seen Mr. Mileena land down 1 ex scream, but I forget the follow up inputs for some reason haha.

It's very situational obviously, but I've been landing reverse uppercuts a lot more lately, so I was just curious:confused:.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I've finally got d4~lc down consistently, now I'm trying to work on b1~lc. Does anyone know if you could shortcut it by doing d+b, d+b+1, u, block? That's just an idea I thought of now, idk if it will work.

Also do you guys think it's worth it to mix up b3f2 and b3 b1, or is that way too slow and obvious?
And does anybody know which characters 2 whiffs against when crouching?

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
What's everyone's favorite reverse uppercut combo? The only one I can usually land is reverse uppercut, down 1, hair grab haha.

I've seen Mr. Mileena land down 1 ex scream, but I forget the follow up inputs for some reason haha.

It's very situational obviously, but I've been landing reverse uppercuts a lot more lately, so I was just curious:confused:.
im partial to reverse uppercut d1 cartwheel lol. you can almost always link an enh scream after d1 then you just do whatever like jip 31 dash pressure or jip 311levifb or jip 31levifb for 44 pressure

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
I've finally got d4~lc down consistently, now I'm trying to work on b1~lc. Does anyone know if you could shortcut it by doing d+b, d+b+1, u, block? That's just an idea I thought of now, idk if it will work.

Also do you guys think it's worth it to mix up b3f2 and b3 b1, or is that way too slow and obvious?
And does anybody know which characters 2 whiffs against when crouching?
trust me forget about b1 levicancel it made me pull my hair out for a while and theres not much that it does for you anyways. b3 lowfb b3 levicancel and b3f2 are the things i mix but usually only pressuring after a knockdown with a bunch of advantage. b3 is just to slow to just throw out.

Seapeople

This one's for you
trust me forget about b1 levicancel it made me pull my hair out for a while and theres not much that it does for you anyways. b3 lowfb b3 levicancel and b3f2 are the things i mix but usually only pressuring after a knockdown with a bunch of advantage. b3 is just to slow to just throw out.
Thanks. Yeah I don't use it much either except occasionally off a jip or if the other person gets real block happy after a reset

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Heres a question: anyone feel like adding me on XBL that plays Sindel? I have never played that MU, and I really want to learn it.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Im down.I just started using sindel a few weeks ago.Im nowhere near Dan's level but Im progressing slowly.You use reptile right?I think I've played you a couple of times.
Yeah, I main Reptile, but I'm really liking Cage a lot. Feel free to add me on XBL. GT is Chongo Is Free

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
So about the 311 string, I know it has bad range but from a JiP there seem to be better options than other strings.

You can hit confirm 31 into ex yell for 41%.
On block you can finish it with 311~hair whip which gives you enough pushback to keep you safe.
Its special cancellable so you have better options than after a blocked b12, b3f2 etc.

The range is terrible though.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
So about the 311 string, I know it has bad range but from a JiP there seem to be better options than other strings.

You can hit confirm 31 into ex yell for 41%.
On block you can finish it with 311~hair whip which gives you enough pushback to keep you safe.
Its special cancellable so you have better options than after a blocked b12, b3f2 etc.

The range is terrible though.
if you get a chance at a jip into pressure (jip blocked) its always better to go into a 2/21 string or b3f2 cuz of the low/overheads plus the 2/21 levicancels are better. 2yell gets the same damage without using meter as does b3f2. 21 is easily hitconfirmed into enh yell for the same damage. and once you start mixing up the levicancels 21yell jails on block so if they try to poke expecting a levicancel you get a full combo. 31 is best at the end of 44 combo in order to dash in for more pressure. 311 levicancel always better than 311 hairwhip and is ok midscreen and great in corner. you always want to either do somethin that leaves you at + frames or something that is overhead/low mix. sindel doesnt want to be a - frames since she has a huge hitbox and bad fast pokes she deals with pressure poorly. make opponent respect fireballs and 44 get in build quick meter with levicancel strings, hope to get damage from mixups. and get out.

Seapeople

This one's for you
BenGmanUk
311 can be really good in the corner. It's completely guaranteed after you end corner combos with 111~lc. It can be hit confirmed into 31~ex scream, 311~ex scream, or 311~lc, d1~step up. 311~lc on block is +8, so a followup 1 string can only be escaped with armor (it will AA for a full combo if they try to jump out).
If your opponent is really respecting 311~lc, you can just use 31 which is neutral and go into other pressure. If you think they will try to interrupt after 31, you could use 31b2 which is neutral on block with good pushback and leads to her best combos. I wouldn't suggest using 31b2 very heavily though because it has a dumb eleven frame gap :(
Also, I'm pretty sure that 31 will AA if your opponent tries to jump out after 2~lc, 21~lc, d4~lc, or 311~lc. I need to test and confirm that though.

The biggest problem with these strings (other than their terrible range) is that any character with armor can blow them up in several places...
There's a two frame gap between 31, there's an 8 frame gap between 311, there's an eleven frame gap between 31b2, and any pressure other than d1 can be escaped with armor after 311~lc.

Btw KH_Captain I've started using f12 rather than 31 for midscreen resets because it's the same advantage but leaves you closer to the other player for better followups :)
For example they can't jump out of b12 after the f12 reset, but they can after 31.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
BenGmanUk
1 string can only be escaped with armor (it will AA for a full combo if they try to jump out).
:(

Btw KH_Captain I've started using f12 rather than 31 for midscreen resets because it's the same advantage but leaves you closer to the other player for better followups :)
For example they can't jump out of b12 after the f12 reset, but they can after 31.
1 is high can always be neutral ducked. almost anything you decide to do besides poke or 44after the advantage strings can be neutral ducked (extreme low hitboxes can even avoid 4). so you gotta mix them pokes in there to keep opponent from taking advantage of that. i used to use f12 more but 31 has been workin considering its mixed with 31 levifb 311levfb and 311 levi (pause) double fb. i still mix in f12 in that situation sometimes. by no means is there anything wrong with either, just another option. i dont even mess with b12 much other than in combos. as a starter it just scales way too much for my taste. seems its blocked way too much. what about you, do you get it to land often enough that you really think its worth me trying more. maybe i should use more stepups Idk. i do use b1 in one situation which is off a blocked jip ill do b1stepup. thats about it. not sayin i never throw out b12 its just a rare thing spontaneous when i recognize opponent stand block a lot. One thing its good to know all of her tools and where there are uses for them and playing with her soooo much that you dont have to think about it and can just react with the correct option. which is what i strive for with sindel.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
You can d1~hair or d1~ex yell but its risky. Low fireball is a good option as it lowers your hitbox.
yeah the way most people like to jump kick now days her hitbox is too high it works sometimes. try to read the crossup and u4 or uppercut you can get a d1 into enhscream/hairwhip/cartwheel on u4s or reverse uppercuts sometimes. d4 and lowfb do lower her hitbox