What's new

Should I pick MKX up again?

Skellington

Banned
This is hands down the worst online game Ive ever played, both in terms of the quality of the game online and the quality of the community online. The game literally is the worst online gaming experience I have ever had. The first online game I ever played was Halo 1 on a fucming macintosh 11+ years ago and it functioned 1000x times better online than MKX.
It's funny because it's true, lol

I dont see how people can see this as complaining. If you have the motivation to keep playing then play mkx. You can still play mkx until sf 5 comes out. If you dont like sf5 then keep playing mkx if you still like it.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm in the same boat. Every now and then I have a strong urge to play, but then I remember all the reasons I put it down in the first place. MKX isn't really a game you can just kind of pick back up. You've got to remember your combos and execution and depending on when you last played, you may have 1 or more game-changing patches to contend with.

If you still own the game then by all means pop it in for a few hours, but if you'd have to repurchase it, I'd recommend trying to recall why you dropped it in the first place.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Let's be real, you are not going to make your decision based on forum posts responses.

You made this thread because you dropped the game, but still wanted to complain more, hence a thread with a rhetorical question about whether you should pick it up again.

If you don't like the game fine, but I'm tired of these thinly disguised "question-insult" threads.

"Is MKX the scrubbiest game ever?"
"Is MKX dead?"
I didn't make this thread to complain, as simple as that.

How do you get by in every day life? If you have to seek advice on whether or not you should play a video game that you own, I just can't imagine how you'd do with real life decisions
Even though it's just a video game, you have to invest a lot of time into learning/getting better, etc. I was just wanting to know if I would be wasting my time and if I should completely move onto SFV/KI.

EDIT: Basically, I'm wondering if it's worth re-learning a game when I am going to try to learn 2 new games in just a few months.

I didn't make this thread to complain, as simple as that.

Even though it's just a video game, you have to invest a lot of time into learning/getting better, etc. I was just wanting to know if I would be wasting my time and if I should completely move onto SFV/KI.

EDIT: Basically, I'm wondering if it's worth re-learning a game when I am going to try to learn 2 new games in just a few months.
Tbh, move on. This is my opinion on this:

1) If you have a local or good access to one or many then go for it. Stay with it and level up.

2) If you don't have a local or good access to one or many then it's not worth the time and investment, if online is the only option (we all know the main reasons) and screw ESL, if people wanna argue that as well.

3) However, if you just want to have fun and just mess around online for shits & giggles then keep playing it. yet if you don't enjoy playing it, then leave and wait for SFV and KI on PC.

4) Nobody really can answer the reasons to play or not to play it, only yourself will know that.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I was feeling a itch to play after not doing so for months....big mistake. The online is hot garbage. I love MK, but I do not love this game. The characters, meta, online, etc. Are not for me. I say move on. Play something for fun until SFV is out.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I was feeling a itch to play after not doing so for months....big mistake. The online is hot garbage. I love MK, but I do not love this game. The characters, meta, online, etc. Are not for me. I say move on. Play something for fun until SFV is out.
You cannot judge the meta of the game from online. There is no meta online. The only meta is the meta that exists from having no meta.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
wait sfv and kl and then get news of new mkx patch in april, maybe they ll add something hyme or maybe better netcode. Anyway I play fighting games on hori fc4 fightpad til hitbox comes out for ps4

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
If you feel like playing then by all means do. We can't make you play it or change your mind. It is totally up to you. I personally stopped playing it back in October. It wasn't because of any reason other than I moved on to play new games. I personally have no gripes with online other than a few occasional laggy matches. Then again I never played it offline so I don't know the brighter side of life when it comes to mkx. I had the urge to play it again a few days ago. Played it a few matches and enjoyed.

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
My 2 cents - I would say go for it. By the sounds of it you dropped it not because you did not enjoy playing the game, but due to other reasons (unable to really play and shitty business practices surrounding the game).

I do agree with you on those points. Having said that, however, I enjoy playing the game and so I do.

You can try to find someone on TYM to play with who would have good connection with you. Alternatively, what happened to me is that playing online I ended up being matched with people who I had good connection (and good games) playing with and so I got them on my friends list and now I play with them.