What's new

Should I buy Kenshi?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I've been noticing that the forums have been blowing up with Kenshi talk as of late. Alot of people are talking about how Kenshi is a great zoning character and a possible top 5. Right now my zoning character of choice is Ermac. I've been using him for ages (about a month or two after the game release), but as of late i've been losing my touch with the character. I keep getting blown up for stuff that i shouldnt get blown up for and i am being forced to rely on my Kung Lao most of the time. (this might be a by-product of me putting major hours into practicing my Kung Lao and not my Ermac as of late). Kenshi seems to be a solid character who, by all accounts, can do pretty much what Ermac can do but better. But I'm much more familiar with Ermac, he gets much higher, more consistent damage and his f4 reset/ b2 unblockable is great.

Should i stick it out with Ermac and strive to improve or try out this holy grail of a character and see how it goes?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I would say get him and give it a go, and if you don't dig it just drop him. He's really fun as well as really good, and I would at least say give him a test drive. I dropped all of my alts for him after getting to play pig's, I've been playing him since the last Revival now.

Oh and don't listen to Mr. Mileena he is just a baby he just doesn't like a challenge haha.

NKZero

Noob
Ermac is at his best at TKP max range and in the general footsies area because he can punish better than anyone. Kenshi is a nightmare from anywhere on the screen. As CJF pointed out you do sacrifice some damage if you make the character switch but overall Kenshi is a bitch of a character in the right hands. Armour, mixed in with all his bullshit spirit moves to keep you away makes him solid as hell. Regardless of whether you end up playing with him or not, he is definitely worth getting and messing around with...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
IMO...out of all the DLC, if for whatever reason you can only have one, Kenshi is the one you should absolutely have.

Replace YOU CAN'T SEE ME with YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME, and he's the blind John Cena of MK.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yes, Kenshi is fun as hell to play as. His combos may not do a lot of damage, but they are flashy and I love em! haha

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
yea i bought him yesterday and i already have probably 8 hours played as him....hes fucking awesome. i love the sky slash, it snuffs everything!

Espio

Kokomo
If you haven't been using Ermac much, then that only makes sense that you wouldn't be doing as well with him as a character you've been using and practicing with much more ( such as Kung Lao). That would be the case with any character, regardless.

Kenshi's really good and really fun, but it's a matter of personal taste on whom to main, though Kenshi's keepaway has armor and he can bully you all over the bloody screen.

It appears you already got him and are loving him, good luck with him. He's just a very entetaining character to play to be honest.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Kenshi is such an ass to fight so, id say no because i hate him but yes if you want to be the ultimate anti/pro zoner