What's new

Shinnok's Sirkle of Terror

You have no life, so you have to troll. And, the fact that you even mention my name is proof of how badly you know I would destroy you in an offline match, and your ego can't handle it. I haven't said anything to anyone, and you just have to mention my name like the mentally ill child you are. I've told you to leave me alone, dude. Seriously. Hope you lose early.

Please remove my name from this tournament, MKillBill. I don't want to be involved in this. Not interested anymore. Good luck with the tournament. I do not care about a next gen system. I was just looking forward to having some fun playing old players from CMK.

I'm trolling? lol. gtfo. You come on here talking about you have no interest in the tournament and that you just wanna screw people over. In this message you say you just wanted to have some fun playing old school players, but originally you said you just wanted to screw people over. I've got no respect for someone with that attitude as I'm sure most would agree. As far as beating me offline, I think we all know you could never do that.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Sorry to see you go gamemk. Personally I think you should stick around and make Mike eat his words.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
Miss Spin is one of the best umk3 players I've ever played. Never seen her play mk2 but I imagine she can hold her own.
Back in the day, she was (and prob still is) the best female MKII player around. I was really impressed when she showed me her 'Lao' :) No perv. But seriously it'd be awesome if she enters.

What's her PS3 name? Interested in seeing if there's a girl who is better at MK2 than my sister!
With permission, her ID is DizGirlWillOwnU. Dizzy sightings on PSN are rare... kinda like Nimbus Terrafaux and Santa Claus flying by the moon on The Pit stage.

Sorry to see you go gamemk. Personally I think you should stick around and make Mike eat his words.

The guy only has bad things to say about the game, and when he finally shows up to support a tournament, it happens to be when there's a prize and a chance to "screw people over". He's the ultimate troll, and I have absolutely no respect for him.

I'm not 12 anymore. MK2 is what it is: fun. What it isn't is a well made game. Anyone who has half a brain understands this.

Unlike you, I'm from ClassicMK. The last tournament on that website I won was with Dciguy vs Scheiss and X820; There was no prize.

I was having fun with a feature of the game, like screw your neighbor in the "You don't know Jack" game, or the draw four card in Uno (played that a lot as a child). piling on misfortune to an opponent is very enjoyable. I've known this since I was 7. Difference is, when my grandma used to screw me over with draw four cards, I didn't cry.
The Shao Kahn and Jade spots on the wheel are designed to screw people. The rule itself screws people. My pleasure at someone getting screwed by it was just schadenfreude.

I made no mention of who I wanted to screw over. However, your ego decided that I was thinking about you. You always find a way to mention my name when I make no mention of yours whatsoever, because I already know I'm better than you. Get thee a life, sir.

7:1 odds of hitting Shao Kahn or Jade. Everyone has a 13% chance of hitting either, so someone will get screwed with or without me playing.

Never said I wanted to play old school players. I only made mention of CMK players.

Yes the game is fun, regardless of our age. Your constant criticism is unnecessary. Nobody cares that you hate the mechanics of the game, so why not just keep it to yourself.

I was a member from Classic as well

Coming here and saying that you have zero interest in the tournament other than to screw people over is a piss poor attitude. I found it disrespectful to all the players. It had nothing to do with our issues.

When you beat me or even come close you can talk shit, but when you get 25 streaked like last time, you should probably keep your mouth shut about it. I sent you a ggs message and complimented your shang after that set, but you still had to act like a fucking baby. I don't give you a second thought, so maybe you should get a life instead of worrying about who is better all the time. I could care less honestly.

Stick around and play gamemk. Have fun with the wheel. That's why we made it. My first forced match would be Caldwell VS jay. Automatic. lol. Stay and play.

I understand that was the point of the tourney. My only problem with what he said was that he wasn't even interested in the tournament other that to screw people. It was just a bad attitude.

You live in a bubble. I never said my only interest was to use the wheel. I said I wanted to use Baraka, and enjoy the wheel, which is why it was fucking made! Confirmed by Ththuvul, the sponsor of the tournament, egghead. In any event, I'm sure Ththuvul wouldn't even mind if someone did play just to use the wheel. It's there so people kill two birds with one stone.

Listen, I beat you the first game (you)Kung Lao, (me) Shang Tsung. I fatalitied you with a Kung Lao morph. The lag was horrible, because you and lag are a packaged deal. You played under an alternate and I suspected that you were someone like who you are.

I was going to quit after that match, because I didn't feel like putting up with the lagging bullshit, but I kept playing for the fuck of it. I know how to beat you because it requires manipulating input timing, and the timing of frames to deal with playing you in lag. That's how I beat your Kung Lao. Your frames are fucked up, which means that your position on the screen isn't accurate, so moves have to be delayed on my(anyone's) end because you somehow get more attack chances out faster.

So, I knew you would do your crouching Low Kicks(you did two) exactly when you did them and I waited(for the second one) because that's the only window that an attack will score against you. You're so used to people trying to attack you on their first instinct that you did what you normally do.

You win so easily because your attacks come out more frequently vs your opponents due to lag. The reason that I can't always do that is because it doesn't work against certain characters who have more mobility, and or more consecutive attacks. Price of doing business online. Offline is a different story.

Online is still garbage, but I don't get annoyed as much by it anymore because I've adapted to lag, and I've figured something else out about it, too. Either way, it is what it is.

lol. Ok so you've beat me probably 3 or 4 matches out of 50. Good job. You exaggerate the lag. You do this with everyone as an excuse. Don't act like it's just me. You are known for this. Lag goes both ways you know. If you're experiencing it, so am I. It gives me zero advantage. Our matches were very playable. I have enjoyable almost lag free matches with everyone I play. Ask Jason, Gematria, Btbb, or anyone else. This whole lag switch conspiracy theory is out of control. You're simply outmatched. It has nothing to do with online. You don't realize how many mistakes and bad decisions you make during our matches. I would love to hear your excuse after losing offline. I doubt you're capable of being a good sport.

We need people. Enter Phil. I was thinking we'd have 50 by now. lol. maybe if i gave everybody a free system for entering we'd get enough. i know it's an old game prob played by 25 and up year olds. i think for most people these ages, money isnt an issue. everybody can just purchase a system with hardly a dent in their bank account. idk.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Removed gamemk from the signup list.

For crying out loud man, if you've got a problem with someone then man up and whip their ass in-game. The odds of beating your opponent (not just Mike), especially with the wheel, are considerably better than normal.

MIKECALDWELL Although I can understand your frustration with gamemk to an extent, "screwing someone over" is part of the appeal to this event. If you are expecting a cut-and-dry chalk tournament, you're going to be disappointed. Who knows? You may be good enough to win even with the stipulations in place and it won't matter. We'll find out in November.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Seriously, can we try to have fun with this? I have no skill in mk2, but I'd be willing to enter. Hell I'll donate too. Just give me some time.

Skill level is irrelevant. We'd love to have you as a part of this event.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin

Seriously, can we try to have fun with this? I have no skill in mk2, but I'd be willing to enter. Hell I'll donate too. Just give me some time.
I'm contemplating joining for giggles as well. I havent played MK2 since it was first released. D2 and a dream.

Reactions: MKB
Removed gamemk from the signup list.

For crying out loud man, if you've got a problem with someone then man up and whip their ass in-game. The odds of beating your opponent (not just Mike), especially with the wheel, are considerably better than normal.

MIKECALDWELL Although I can understand your frustration with gamemk to an extent, "screwing someone over" is part of the appeal to this event. If you are expecting a cut-and-dry chalk tournament, you're going to be disappointed. Who knows? You may be good enough to win even without the stipulations in place and it won't matter. We'll find out in November.

I have no problem with the format. I like the idea, but when you guys made the tournament, I think you made it with the intentions of balancing the odds. Were you really thinking that this would be a great way for people to screw others over? I don't believe you guys naturally have that mentality. It was just his phrasing that rubbed me the wrong way. I understand that pitting good players against one another is good strategy. It's strategy, not screwing people over. I guess I'm just too sensitive.

gamemk

If it's not lag then what is it? Does my isp magically give me frame advantage?

You love to get personal over nothing. That's been the problem. There was no reason for you to get upset in this thread, but you wanted to take it to the next level. Look at how angry you got when I tagged you in that video I made about instant airs. All I did was show you that those things were possible, because you were basically calling me a liar. I guess you hated to be proven wrong. You should have been thanking me for teaching you something. The fact that your only argument is to attack me on a personal level tells me you have no argument to begin with.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I have no problem with the format. I like the idea, but when you guys made the tournament, I think you made it with the intentions of balancing the odds. Were you really thinking that this would be a great way for people to screw others over? I don't believe you guys naturally have that mentality.

Correct. Balancing the odds and giving everyone a fair shot is all that we're aiming to do here. If we really wanted to screw someone over, we would have put a slot on the wheel that automatically eliminates someone from the tournament.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
We've made another change to the Shinnok rule. The change is listed in orange. This will now give all of the fallen a chance to rise from the neatherrealm. :)

• Shinnok - The player faces the judgement of the fallen Elder God. The player will be forced to play with a low tier character under Noob Saibot rules. (Low Tier + Cannot lose a round). In addition, players landing on this slot receive a strike. 3 strikes will result in being eliminated from the contest. Should the player forced to play under these conditions manage to win, it will result in the ressurection of a RANDOMLY CHOSEN previously defeated player. The resurrected player will immediately be given a new spin and allowed to continue on in the tournament. A resurrected player cannot be revived a second time. (1 slot)

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
MIKECALDWELL doesn't have any kind of lag advantage, lol.
It's called MKAK, dude. Sony won't give us good servers. It's a miracle they ever patched the thing after it came out. Remember MKAK at first? MK2 was absolutely unplayable with every opponent.

Og MK2 lagged in real time- the whole game would just slow down, but every button you hit would still register when you hit it.

MKAK delay lags- the worse the lag, the longer it will take for your button inputs to register on the screen. It also gets warpy, and is very hard to "have faith" in timing.

I've lost matches to complete noobs because of lag, people that I would double flawless in no lag.
EVERYONE should be entering this tournament because, forget the wheel screwing people over- it's the lag that provides the biggest handicap.

gamemk you're a good player and fun to play. But I've played both you and Mike in exact same connections. Mike counters, punishes, and aggros much better. He's probably the only guy out there that in a set of 50 randoms, could win more than 50% vs me.
(Challenges accepted guys!!)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
With the recent announcement that the PS4 will now be launched on 11/15/13, we are pushing up the date of the tournament as follows...

DATE: Saturday, November 9, 2013
TIME: 6pm Eastern (3pm Pacific)

@MKillBill count me in. Whether I win or not, I'm doing this for the sake of old school MK2. Like playing in the arcade days. The prizes will only be a cherry on top. I can do without it. Playing w/ some ogs, that is just the sundae. ;)

Reactions: MKB