What's new

Shinnok's Sirkle of Terror

Again, I hear you...

Like I said, the wheel was put into place to prevent a tournament of nothing but Mileena v. Mileena matchups and make it more interesting...as well as even the playing field.

Yes, there's an element of chance, and YES a player like btbb99 could land on High Tier and run right to Mileena, but take this example:

Ironsoulsmasher vs. btbb99
Your spin gets you Shao Kahn (force any two players of your choosing to play, this automatically trumps btbb99's spin unless btbb99 gets Kahn or mirror match)

btbb gets high tier.

Knowing you have a HUGE opportunity here, you force btbb99 and davidgem to play in a free select match where neither of them get a new spin. You do this because it increases your personal odds of winning by forcing 2 of the best players in the tournament to play, eliminating one of them.

Yes, there's chance involved, but there's HUGE strategy involved as well with each of the slots. This is NOT a guaranteed win for the MK2 masters.

you make a tempting proposal, lol.

Noob
you make a tempting proposal, lol.

LOL, I try.

I wish everyone would look at the Sirkle and see the type of strategy that exists. This isn't just MK...it's strategy as well. There are ways to screw players and force them out...there are ways to help advance yourself given the right spins and situations. There are no guarantees that these situations will happen, but they could, and that's what makes this such a fun tournament.

How hype would it be to see someone who is just above average skillwise to make a MASTERFUL strategic move and eliminate a top MK2 player because he was SMART?

This MK2 tournament puts not only your skill to the test, but your ability to THINK. The Sirkle dictates EVERY SINGLE MATCH, and players can use those spins to their advantage to advance themselves further, even if the situation SEEMS bleak at the beginning, the Sirkle can change the entire scope of the match.

LOL, I try.

I wish everyone would look at the Sirkle and see the type of strategy that exists. This isn't just MK...it's strategy as well. There are ways to screw players and force them out...there are ways to help advance yourself given the right spins and situations. There are no guarantees that these situations will happen, but they could, and that's what makes this such a fun tournament.

How hype would it be to see someone who is just above average skillwise to make a MASTERFUL strategic move and eliminate a top MK2 player because he was SMART?

This MK2 tournament puts not only your skill to the test, but your ability to THINK. The Sirkle dictates EVERY SINGLE MATCH, and players can use those spins to their advantage to advance themselves further, even if the situation SEEMS bleak at the beginning, the Sirkle can change the entire scope of the match.

my skill is undoubtedly mediocre lol but the sirkle definitely acts as the scale that can balance things like that out, as has been mentioned time and again. but as for hype in strategic comebacks, making good use of the sirkle to one's advantage, it would be very hype.

this tournament has an "x" factor like few others have ever known and i can see the fun to be had in it. buuuuut still dunno bout entering lol. is the day before the tournament start date the deadline for sign-up?

Noob
my skill is undoubtedly mediocre lol but the sirkle definitely acts as the scale that can balance things like that out, as has been mentioned time and again. but as for hype in strategic comebacks, making good use of the sirkle to one's advantage, it would be very hype.

this tournament has an "x" factor like few others have ever known and i can see the fun to be had in it. buuuuut still dunno bout entering lol. is the day before the tournament start date the deadline for sign-up?

I have a feeling we will take signups until the 8th, LOL.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Don't forget about the ressurection rule. Just because you get eliminated doesnt mean you are immediately done!

The more I think about it, the elite are in a terrible position. Average players will be trying to take them out and they'll be trying to destroy each other. However, the list has a nice selection of advanced players so anything is possible. Should be interesting.

I may join in on the fun. It depends on my schedule. It's been over a year since I touched MK 2 and I know I can't compete anymore.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Currently at 23 entrants. CrazySlasher, if he signs up, would make 24. Numberswise, this is the largest signup list since April, 2009... and I think we will be surpassing that tournament before it's all said and done. I made one final advert to the old school MK2 players on PSN who have yet to signup. I think we will see one final rush of entrants this week.

Noob
Currently at 23 entrants. CrazySlasher, if he signs up, would make 24. Numberswise, this is the largest signup list since April, 2009... and I think we will be surpassing that tournament before it's all said and done. I made one final advert to the old school MK2 players on PSN who have yet to signup. I think we will see one final rush of entrants this week.

I'm still waiting on like 3-4 people to tell me if they're in or not as well.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
Can you guys post a link to the Kombat Network stream site please?

I'm stoked for the tournament, can wait to unleash frozen death upon everyone!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Once you go to the site, the chat is on the stream page. You will need to register for a twitch account to chat though.
And it will be mandatory to chat because of wheel spaces like shao kahn, jade, smoke, which require user interaction.