What's new

Strategy - Shinnok Shinnok's Patch changes 8-31-15

How do you feel?

• I'm butthurt

• I'm not butthurt

Results are only viewable after voting.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
any BS Shinnok mains with the new patch playing yet?

I wanted to know what Dark Beam is like on hit and block now.

Also Scepter's new range if its not too much to ask.
Dark beam on hit after 2in1 leaves them at a jump distance away and on block is -12. Advantage is +12, ex on block is -3, hit +36 according to NRS.

Scepter slam does hit from one step forward from full screen and you can't use scepter slam after an ex shoulder anymore (range decrease). The range is still good, but you have to take a long step if you're full screen. Basically full step then half step and you're in range.

Last edited:
Dark beam on hit after 2in1 leaves them at a jump distance away and on block is -12. Advantage is +12, ex on block is -3, hit +36 according to NRS.

Scepter slam does hit from one step forward from full screen and you can't combo off an ex shoulder anymore. The range is still good, but you have to take a long step if you're full screen. Basically full step then half step and you're in range.
cant combo off EX shoulder anymore? wtf
not even in the corner?

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
Is it just me or you can no longer loop the hell sparks mb pressure, someone pls test this.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
2nd Variation after Balanced i've spend most time in this game is Necromancer ... and ofc he gets nothing.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
after a combo ending with f33throw, does it still make sense to cancel into dark beam? I don't still have the patch on pc, so I'm not sure, but cancel it into HLs seems more damaging and better for zoning, while not cancelling it at all has the restand right in front of shinnok. what does the cancel into dark beam give shinnok now?

Bad Genez

Green
after a combo ending with f33throw, does it still make sense to cancel into dark beam? I don't still have the patch on pc, so I'm not sure, but cancel it into HLs seems more damaging and better for zoning, while not cancelling it at all has the restand right in front of shinnok. what does the cancel into dark beam give shinnok now?
Someome correct me if I'm wrong, but I think It's still +8, but has more pushback on hit. Since it's guaranteed on hit as an ender, there's really no downside to it aside from the missing guaranteed pressure, which was bullshit anyways. He's still a threat, but it's not nearly as braindead as it used to be.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Someome correct me if I'm wrong, but I think It's still +8, but has more pushback on hit. Since it's guaranteed on hit as an ender, there's really no downside to it aside from the missing guaranteed pressure, which was bullshit anyways. He's still a threat, but it's not nearly as braindead as it used to be.
It's +12 on hit now. But I think ending with Hell Sparks for full screen knockdowns into more zoning would be better, or ending with Shoulder for close knockdown and oki mixups.