What's new

Tech Shazam HM*mb resets

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Update:

corner HM-mb ambiguous crossup
Execution tip: hold down after HM*mb then when you see shazam crouch jump in for crossup version, for non-crossup delay jump-in

did some math and max conversion;
-with 1 bar you can get 56% = f223-d2-f223-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM.
-and with 2 bars you can get 76% = f223-d2-f223-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f22-HM 37% bnb.
-and with 2 bars you can get 85% = f223-d2-f223-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM

off a d2 (anti-air/footsie or frame trap);
-1 bar 43% = d2-ji2-22-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM.
-1 bar 63% = d2-ji2-22-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f22-HM 37% bnb.
-2 bars 72% = d2-ji2-22-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM

preferable HM*mb reset application:
TIP: Please also consider opponents wake up special move inputs.

1.) HM-mb;ambiguous ji2 reset
-untechable
-cannot back dash ambiguous-crossup
-cannot mash wakeup on crossup (reverses wakeup)
-can time wake up (then opt for the other option)
-can be shut down by characters with both sided wakeup
(e.g.BA,DS) if they mash on shazams ji point.

Execution:
- to get the crossup after dash immediately jump in, for non-crossup dash (wait till shazams feet hit the ground) then jump in.
when is this best to use?
- off a d2 - ji2 - 22/f223 - HM Reset
- off a f223 - d2 - f223- HM Reset

2.) HM-mb;jf-HMreset
-untechable
-reverses wakeup input
Execution:
- once feet is near the ground jump forward.
- off a d2 - ji2 - 22/f223- HM Reset w/ 2 bars of meter
- off a f223 - d2 - f223- HM Reset w/ 2 bars of meter

3.) AC-mb:jf-HMreset (Gimmick)
-untechable
-reverses wakeup input
Execution:
- just jump forward.
- off a d2 - ji2 - 2- AC* MB w/ 2 bars of meter
- off a f223 - 2 - AC* MB w/ 2 bars of meter

wanted to show this to you last time @SmokeMaster__

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Can you do the cross up thing in the corner. Cause this would be really awesome to do after a big corner combo.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Good work. Shazam needs these tools to keep people guessing. A one dimmensional Shazam is a dead Shazam. People think the only guessing game is 'will he grab when I wake up or won't he', that's just the tip of the iceberg as you are showing here.

#PogseForPresidentOfTheShazamClub

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Good tech but spending 1 meter for it makes me scared. Shazam needs so much meter to be viable actually ^^

I'm most of the time going for starter, Hm MB, b3, d2, teleport. You have different types of crossups here and I'll make more damage before reseting (with the b2 timing you can appear in front or behind the opponent).

I'll maybe include this in my gameplay occasionnally.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Good tech but spending 1 meter for it makes me scared. Shazam needs so much meter to be viable actually ^^

This exactly =[

These mixups are great though and will definitely hit. Just wish he got much reward off of doing them...

In the last set of mixups you did two resets and spent 4 bars for less than 80% =[ Most mixup chars in this game could do way more than that.

Seriously though great mixups.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem

I'm most of the time going for starter, Hm MB, b3, d2, teleport. You have different types of crossups here and I'll make more damage before reseting (with the b2 timing you can appear in front or behind the opponent).

I'll maybe include this in my gameplay occasionnally.
Cool, good enough for me. please share your thoughts once you get a chance to use it.
... and not sure what you meant by starter, but don't do this off a raw HM use it off a d2 bnb HM ender, or any anti air conversion.

This exactly =[

These mixups are great though and will definitely hit. Just wish he got much reward off of doing them...

In the last set of mixups you did two resets and spent 4 bars for less than 80% =[ Most mixup chars in this game could do way more than that.

Seriously though great mixups. [/quote]
Thank you :)

Most reward for the crossup; would be 55%+ with 1 bar, and an estimate of 65% with 2 bars
I opt for this to get a chance on a life lead and play my neutral game against top tiers.

The last one isn't actually practical and rarely will shazam be able to get 4 bars, It just happened that one time at a casual I had 4 bars and opponent had no clash at the last round.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
did some math and max conversion;
-with 1 bar you can get 56% = f223-d2-f223-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM.
-and with 2 bars you can get 76% = f223-d2-f223-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f22-HM 37% bnb.
-and with 2 bars you can get 85% = f223-d2-f223-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM

off a d2 (anti-air/footsie or frame trap);
-1 bar 43% = d2-ji2-22-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM.
-1 bar 63% = d2-ji2-22-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f22-HM 37% bnb.
-2 bars 72% = d2-ji2-22-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM reset to ambiguous-crossup(ji2)-f223-d2-f223-HM

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
@pogse We need to sit down and have a Shazam session sometime in the near future. Hopefully, this coming up Wednesday at CFAS. Great work by the way. Always good to see other Shazam mains thinking outside the box.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
@pogse We need to sit down and have a Shazam session sometime in the near future. Hopefully, this coming up Wednesday at CFAS. Great work by the way. Always good to see other Shazam mains thinking outside the box.
Yes that would be a great idea, I will try to clear my schedule for this coming Wednesday.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Why not doing something like

whatever, Hm MB, b3, dash foward, Ji2 crossup instead of Hm MB, dash forward, Ji2 crossup ? Or maybe using both.

your Hm MB, dash forward, Ji2 is good coz if you delay the dash a bit you have a fake crossup.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Why not doing something like

whatever, Hm MB, b3, dash foward, Ji2 crossup instead of Hm MB, dash forward, Ji2 crossup ? Or maybe using both.

you can tech roll a b3 and you won't be able to dash under a b3 once you do more than 4/5 hits... from shazam I think

Shawi

Noob
Yeah great ideas but Shazam is already a meter whore as he is. I wouldn't do this in a real match.

The more I think about it actually, the more I wouldn't use it. So vs Shazam you shouldn't block low, unless you are scared of the HM. If I land a HM, and mb into full combo, why would I drop the combo there, deal 7% damage and hope that I can cross em up, spend ANOTHER bar and get 35 or so %. I'd just do my bnb combo and keep that bar so I can catch them in another HMmb combo.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Yeah great ideas but Shazam is already a meter whore as he is. I wouldn't do this in a real match.

The more I think about it actually, the more I wouldn't use it. So vs Shazam you shouldn't block low, unless you are scared of the HM. If I land a HM, and mb into full combo, why would I drop the combo there, deal 7% damage and hope that I can cross em up, spend ANOTHER bar and get 35 or so %. I'd just do my bnb combo and keep that bar so I can catch them in another HMmb combo.

alright a couple of people here are taking the video as it is. as I said I am doing it off a raw HM just to illustrate the reset. here is a video on when it is more practical to do the reset rather than going for b3 to whatever you like adding 5-8% total damage.

you can do that, plus after you go under them, you can teleport back and cross them up again

Yeah that is also cool, because their wakeup will always comeout the teleport point.

Shawi

Noob
Yeah, see what you mean now. I guess it is useful if you start your combos with f223. I use 22 pressure to go into my grabs and hope the opponent doesn't interrupt :(

SZSR

Noob

I think it can be somewhat practical in a real match say if you land a f2, 2,3 (or 2, 2 or f1, 2) and then HM MB because IIRC, MB moves can not be clashed (someone please correct me on this if not true).

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Yeah, see what you mean now. I guess it is useful if you start your combos with f223. I use 22 pressure to go into my grabs and hope the opponent doesn't interrupt :(
or a d2.. I still do the same man and if they completely shut that down I have to reset my neutral to an honest footsie game.
give it a try against characters with bad wakes up or a GL preferable cause they have no choice but to guess, then tell us your insights.