What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I closed 3 threads that were about Shazam's confirmation since there's no point in keeping them open.

...and the one of his costume being a head grafted on an empty suit. (that didn't need a thread :p)

I'll let you little Shazam mains have open reign on what you want stickied/closed/merged and what not, but I will close threads that are:

copies of other threads, threads that don't deserve their own thread but should be posts in another thread, and those out of hand horrible threads full of negative attitudes (this won't happen because Billy Batson is a good hearted kid).

GGA Fill Pops you are already making yourself to be the head honcho of Shazam, so is this cool with you?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Out of all B list superheroes, Captain Marvel is one of my favorites. I'm going to be playing him a lot, home boy looks like a boss in Injustice. He looks like he has some really dirty setups that could lead into some tricky cross-up shenanigans. I'm hype as fuck homie!!

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
I closed 3 threads that were about Shazam's confirmation since there's no point in keeping them open.

...and the one of his costume being a head grafted on an empty suit. (that didn't need a thread :p)

I'll let you little Shazam mains have open reign on what you want stickied/closed/merged and what not, but I will close threads that are:

copies of other threads, threads that don't deserve their own thread but should be posts in another thread, and those out of hand horrible threads full of negative attitudes (this won't happen because Billy Batson is a good hearted kid).

GGA Fill Pops you are already making yourself to be the head honcho of Shazam, so is this cool with you?
Sure i totally agree! i hope im not forcing myself into anything but thanks for the consideration. ive just been waiting for Billy to be in this game since announcement. if you other Mighty Mortal Mainers need a "Head Honcho" then i would be more then happy to explore this character. :) im going to Main him either way.
Thanks again
SHAZAM!!!

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
This is my main along with GL, cant wait both look great. Im also glad his dash is the smoke away!

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
i didnt notice any dash animation though, is there one i missed?
im not sure ill check later tonight when im not in class lol but if its a regular dash tht can go through projectiles that would be crazy over powered and i dont think nrs would make it a normal like a dash. but i will check

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
im not sure ill check later tonight when im not in class lol but if its a regular dash tht can go through projectiles that would be crazy over powered and i dont think nrs would make it a normal like a dash. but i will check
I saw it already its a special, i thought they would go crazy with it like darkstalkers lol

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

I agree as well. I think that head grafted thread of me turning the blacks too low on my monitor and making a HORRIBLE mistake needed to go away too.

Thanks ;)

On a sidenote though I am totally stealing that idea and drawing it sometime for my portfolio. That is a badass idea for a character concept theme.

The meter burned version of his lightning javelin is way cool.
I wonder what it gets.
I'm curious about that meter burn thing too. Doomsday was beasting with perks on his shoulder when he went for it sadly so we didn't see what it could do. Here's hoping its a crumple or wallbounce or even something that could cancel a projectile and keep coming. There are no projectile cancels since they go through each other in this game and a meter burn projectile that could take out something and then connect would be nice.

Will

Noob
That meter burn lightning javelin looks insane. I think it adds a wallbounce effect, seems to powerful for a crumble. Hopefully it does out muscle other projectiles

shaowebb

That meter burn lightning javelin looks insane. I think it adds a wallbounce effect, seems to powerful for a crumble. Hopefully it does out muscle other projectiles
I'd LOVE for someone to have a projectile that could outmuscle someone elses in this game as a meter burn variant. Shazam suddenly burning meter to blast through Deathstroke pistols and then psycho crushering would be golden.

Will

Noob
I'd LOVE for someone to have a projectile that could outmuscle someone elses in this game as a meter burn variant. Shazam suddenly burning meter to blast through Deathstroke pistols and then psycho crushering would be golden.
Oh that would be great, melt down the lead with the lightning, meter burn javelin, into meter burn psycho crusher, imagine the combo potential.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
i also really love how his enhanced lightning bolt looks NRS does a great job with ascetics with the enhanced moves i also think it beating out projectiles would be a great tool cant wait to main this character!!
Also i cant wait to hear what he says to other heros and villians in clash!

Will

Noob
i also really love how his enhanced lightning bolt looks NRS does a great job with ascetics with the enhanced moves i also think it beating out projectiles would be a great tool cant wait to main this character!!
Also i cant wait to hear what he says to other heros and villians in clash!
Good the way the enhance looks is amazing, charges up for a normal then here comes giant pillar of lightning charging up the blast, i had a nerdgasm. I hope he has something special to say to Supes something giving homage to their rivalry.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
I wonder and really hope that Billy Batson can get into a block string and then cancel into a teleport to continue pressure that would be great what do the rest of The Mightiest Mortal Mainers think?

Will

Noob
I wonder and really hope that Billy Batson can get into a block string and then cancel into a teleport to continue pressure that would be great what do the rest of The Mightiest Mortal Mainers think?
That would be pretty, great. Granted I'm new to fighting games, and don't quite understand all the technical speak. But that would keep up a lot of pressure especially if you can cancel into teleport , which can lead to the opponent getting open if they don't block the character way.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
As long as the teleport puts you and the oponnent in neutral.A blocktring into a teleport mix-up is a solid and simple tool.The problem is if after the teleport you get advantage then that would be unfair.:p
Imagine blcokstring=teleport=command grab=OP.
I wonder if he has a move like KOF Benimaru's EX lightining were he can send a lightning bolt straight down on the opponent regardless of distance.That would be epic.:cool:

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Hey did anyone else notice that in the flash vs Shazam vid when Billy does his super lightning hits his elbow when he hits the flash in th back. But when he does it to doomsday there is only lightning on his punches but not on the elbow drop idk if they changed it but I think the lightning striking his elbow really made the super cool.
Thought?
SHAZAM!!!

shaowebb

I really want to know how his Lightning gimmick buff works. Does it bank a free EX version of a move for you? Do you get bonus damage on everything till its gone? Is it a buff on a timer that stays active that you can blow all at once for extra effects like ground bounces on certain attacks?

I know its a buff, but I'm super curious as to its inner workings after that elbow and fists talks Fill Pops brought up.

Albo

Noob
His trait reminds me of a rare bug Raiden had in MK9 after he drops the opponent from a shocker, his hands get covered in glowing lightning just like Shazam's trait so it's interesting it's now shazam's super.

Hopefully there are setups for his supposed damage boost trait because it looks really slow on startup. Characters with fast dashes or advancing specials and normals could blow this up on reaction. It looks like he has ways to get in, but whether he has some strong pressure or fast normal, or safe armoured special to take advantage of that damage boost remains to be seen.

Just noticed his super is an AA, which i missed when I initially watched his gameplay . Hopefully it autocorrects when Shazam gets crossed up so he's poses real threat if you try and cross him up when he's got full meter (like Kung lao's Xray), although Shazam's leaves you full screen and you can't combo after it. If the damage is good then maybe It could be worth using it to finish a match, but if not then i'd rather use a normal AA or ex special with armour which takes less meter. If it whiffs completely on characters standing or crouching in front of you i'd be reluctant to use it much so i hope it hits mid even if the range is short. Paulo said that all supers will have a couple of frames of invincibility on startup so, doing supers as crossover AA shouldn't be a problem for Shazam which shows in the fight against doomsday as it has priority over doomsday's telestomp.

His ex Superman looks like he grabs the opponent after flying through them, then grabs and throws them half screen behind himself for a bit of extra damage and stage positioning. It looks fast on startup, not as fast as raidens superman but still hard to block on reaction and the range is less than raidens superman too but it doesn't carry them to the corner like raidens. It should be interesting to see how unsafe on block it is, if at all. On whiff it looks like he recovers really fast though.

Initially his teleport looked slow on start up to me but after further inspection it looks to have faster startup and recovery during combos and it looks like he recovers instantly as soon as he appears when using naked tele. It's hard to tell especially with all the quick camera angles and transitions in the gameplay vids so i can't wait to see the frame data for this. In the fight against doomsday, it looks like Doomsday goes to grab or hit him and Shazam teleports away so it might be invincible to throws unlike Raidens tele. Or Doomsday's grab could just be really slow on startup. (Edit, looks more like a normal from doomsday)

I'm confused as to what the move he does is during the doomsday fight is at 1:25 of the vid. Maybe it's just part of the string.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
fiirst off i agree with Albo and love your sig

ive been looking over the doomsday vs shazam vid and it looks like the grab move he uses at 51 seconds seems to be a low grab because he grabs his legs if so this would make a blockstring into tele into a mix up if he has an over head grab. so ofcourse if this is true im hoping for an overhead tht would equal awesome pressure and mix up like sonya in mk plus a teleport.
SHAZAM!!!

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
I really want to know how his Lightning gimmick buff works. Does it bank a free EX version of a move for you? Do you get bonus damage on everything till its gone? Is it a buff on a timer that stays active that you can blow all at once for extra effects like ground bounces on certain attacks?

I know its a buff, but I'm super curious as to its inner workings after that elbow and fists talks Fill Pops brought up.
In one of the stream chats hector said his trait allows him to do electric dmg both on hit and block with moves involving his hand.

fiirst off i agree with Albo and love your sig

ive been looking over the doomsday vs shazam vid and it looks like the grab move he uses at 51 seconds seems to be a low grab because he grabs his legs if so this would make a blockstring into tele into a mix up if he has an over head grab. so ofcourse if this is true im hoping for an overhead tht would equal awesome pressure and mix up like sonya in mk plus a teleport.
SHAZAM!!!
ya it was also mentioned that he has a low command grab and a high one. It be boss if he has an overhead string to compliment that low grab