What's new

Sektors Crouch

Thead

Noob
Haven't seen this mentioned, but it appears if Sektor blocks while crouching it further lowers his hitbox. Most projectiles whiff while Sektor crouch blocks meaning he doesn't have to let go of block to avoid chip damage.

Not that it matters but it also ducks under Shao Kahns Hammer Toss.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Are you sure about that? Sektors crouching guard hitbox seems the seem as any other character. Projectiles will deal chip whilst he's blocking and he has to let go of block to duck under most projecticles and throws. I think for all the characters in game their hitbox gets bigger when they hold block whilst crouching.

Which projectiles are you talking about? Because standard projectiles like mileena's sai's, sektors own missle etc he can't duck whilst blocking.

Are you sure about that? Sektors crouching guard hitbox seems the seem as any other character. Projectiles will deal chip whilst he's blocking and he has to let go of block to duck under most projecticles and throws. I think for all the characters in game their hitbox gets bigger when they hold block whilst crouching.

Which projectiles are you talking about? Because standard projectiles like mileena's sai's, sektors own missle etc he can't duck whilst blocking.
I think it's character and hitbox dependant, like Jax can duck a lot of projectiles when he's not blocking. I think it's pretty interesting you can only duck throws when naked crouching, makes hard to fuzzy guard I think. I still swear people have fuzzy guarded me before though.

Thead

Noob
Well it was in ladder mode, don't know if that makes a difference. Scorps spear whiffed, and Quan Chi's projectile was finicky, as in sometimes it whiffed and sometimes it didn't. Can't remember any more off the top of my head.

-YMK-

Noob
Sektor is one of the lower crouchers, Johnny cage cant jail you with f+3,2 because the 2 will whiff if youre crouching while blocking.