What's new

Sektor: Stick v HitBox v Pad

I'm thinking about getting a cheap stick (just as a test to see if I like the input style before I potentially invest in something more costly) and I'm curious to hear what everyone else plays on. I also would like to hear how execution compares across input devices, such as iaTU; what do you find them easiest or the most difficult to do on?

I currently play on a pad and I'm finding that iaTUs are rather difficult to pull off consistently. The fact that the PS3's d-pad is all one piece of plastic means that even the most precise inputs can occasionally have errors.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
im going to be getting a hitbox when my turn on the waiting list comes up. no such thing as missed inputs anymore unless i mess it up myself. i'd say hitbox. i play on a stick now but still get missed inputs sometimes just from getting too excited or whatever.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Whatever you're most comfortable with, if you've got the money then it won't hurt to try each out I guess. Sektor's inputs arn't particxularly hard though that I can't do everything on my DS3.

I'm mostly getting a stick to see if I can get into more fighting games, since you have to be a goddman crazy person to try and play six or eight button fighters on a pad. I was just curious if there were any notable advantages or disadvantages concerning Sektor's inputs across the different devices.

The biggest problem I have with the pad is the lack of feedback on the buttons can cause sloppy inputs.

So, I got a stick. It's the Mayflash Arcade Stick. Like I said, I went cheap just because I wanted to test if I would even like the input style.

I wish I could say I have an opinion, but I haven't been able to get an EXTU out of the damn thing. It's a cheap stick, so it may just be parts, but I don't have much of any experience when it comes to them so I decided to upload a video so more experienced eyes could see the problem.

L1=1
Square=2
Triangle=3
R1=4
L2=Block

If it is bad parts, I'm not adverse to spending more money are better ones. That's why I went with this stick in particular. It's cheap and from what I read it's an easy still to swap parts on.

No one likes a stick when it's their first time use, that's a given. Same thing happened to me, I was terrible, but after a week, I almost never mistake my inputs, if ever. I love it, and I am sticking with it until it breaks, which will most likely never happen.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I would imagine the pad to be the most comfortable in terms of doing EX TUs? Anyways, I've got this pad coming in the mail and I dabble with Sektor, I'll report my findings. 9/10 I pull it off just fine with the dualshock 3 though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879994010&Tpk=hori%20commander%20pro

edit: in regards to your stick, you may want to try putting a bat top on there. I've tried a ball top myself for MK and hated it. Back in the arcades when I was a kid, I took fine to the bat top though. Ball tops and MK just don't mix imo.

No one likes a stick when it's their first time use, that's a given. Same thing happened to me, I was terrible, but after a week, I almost never mistake my inputs, if ever. I love it, and I am sticking with it until it breaks, which will most likely never happen.
The problem isn't me not liking it, the problem is that simultaneous inputs aren't reading correctly. I can barely do EX moves. D1 and other moves only register occasionally. I understand there is a learning curve, but I can hit down and 1. The only reason I haven't just chalked it up to being new to it is because it is a cheap stick.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Received my fighting commander pro 3 today, this thing is nice. Sektor's TUs are coming out so smooth, JIK TU feels like one fluid motion.