What's new

Sega Model 2 Collection for PSN/XBL!

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I'm definitely dropping money on this just for VF2, FV, and Virtual On. I never got to play Fighting Vipers, but it'll be a cool bonus to getting VF2 and VO.

I'll probably only play Sonic The Fighters so I can annihilate the CPU with Metal Sonic if that trailer's anything to go by, outside of that it's a pile of balls since I already played it on Gems Collection a long time ago. Striker's a soccer game, so yeah.

Sega, from what I've heard, has been on an amazing role lately with their Live marketplace/PSN releases. I need to pick up Nights and possibly Jet Set Radio. This collection seems cool as hell but I think I'd rather had Fighters MegaMix than Fighting Vipers. Was VF Kids(I think thats what it was called) a Model 2 game?

And I'm pretty sure I speak for a lot of people that can't wait for Shenmue to get on Xbox Live with HD graphics. 1st day buy for me right there.

Goldi

Noob
Dragon, have I told you lately that I love you? Because I do. And VF.
Sarah Bryant = The G rated version of Sonya Blade.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Sonic the Fighters is my favorite fighting game. I'm going to dominate those leader boards.
My Sonic will have to stop that from happening, my friend.

Dragon, have I told you lately that I love you? Because I do. And VF.
Sarah Bryant = The G rated version of Sonya Blade.
No, but it's always nice to hear. I wish Vanessa were there, but Kage and Akira are good enough.

Sonic the fighters has aged SO BAD.
Still, it's really interesting to read the in depth stuff for the game.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97954
Makes me really want to play more >_>

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Fighting Vipers in the arcade was sick. You could do these rediculous corner combos and all the stages were really small. It was a super fun game.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Fighting Vipers in the arcade was sick. You could do these rediculous corner combos and all the stages were really small. It was a super fun game.
That's one of the games I'd really want to check out, I only played once and never got to get into it well.

Goldi

Noob
Omg I remember Fighting Vipers vs Virtua Fighter game! It was horrible lol.

Just turn off ring outs, and the stage just removed fences or whatever was keeping you in. The stage went on forever.

And no one had projectiles. You could just hit once and run away forever and win by time out lol

And VF kids.... Where they all had bobble heads and squeaky voices! That was just creepy.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Virtua Fighter 2 holds a special place in my heart. If there's online, I'm buying this collection. Shun and Lion are in the top 10 coolest FG characters evar.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Virtua Fighter 2 holds a special place in my heart. If there's online, I'm buying this collection. Shun and Lion are in the top 10 coolest FG characters evar.
I already have most of these, so if it doesn't have online, I lose interest. it's like with that DBZ Budokai collection that came out. No online and I already have the entire set, so why bother :/

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
My hype levels are through the roof. If you get this and play Virtual On, add me.

If only Last Bronx made the cut, then my 3 favourite Sega Saturn fighters would all be in one collection.

Flagg

Noob
Oh man, this takes me back to my Sega Saturn days!

I remember a lot of these games, VF was pretty sweet, loved using the Ninja, Kage, but Fighting Vipers, not so much. And wow, Virtua Soccer, it was so easy to score in that, used to have ridiculous score lines playing against my cousins and friends. Even back then, there were far better football games.

Is this era too early for Panzer Dragoon, or was that Dreamcast era?

Noob
This is day 1 purchase... hell, this may even be a "take off the day from work" purchase.

Cibernetico is right though, Fighters Megamix would have been a better game to put in this collection, or just another game to put in this collertion in general.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Good stuff Sega. Just wish we had Fighters Megamix and DOA1 in here (which, I believe the arcade version ran on Model 2 hardware)

A model 2 collection, without Daytona USA?
They actually released that separately like a year ago lol

Oh man, this takes me back to my Sega Saturn days!

I remember a lot of these games, VF was pretty sweet, loved using the Ninja, Kage, but Fighting Vipers, not so much. And wow, Virtua Soccer, it was so easy to score in that, used to have ridiculous score lines playing against my cousins and friends. Even back then, there were far better football games.

Is this era too early for Panzer Dragoon, or was that Dreamcast era?
Nah, Panzer Dragoon was a launch title for the Saturn, which I'd like to see (and it'd probably be based on the PS2 remake only released in Japan), but for now I'm just happy they're actually giving us Saturn games after years of willfully forgetting the Saturn era ever happened.

Flagg

Noob
Good stuff Sega. Just wish we had Fighters Megamix and DOA1 in here (which, I believe the arcade version ran on Model 2 hardware)

They actually released that separately like a year ago lol

Nah, Panzer Dragoon was a launch title for the Saturn, which I'd like to see (and it'd probably be based on the PS2 remake only released in Japan), but for now I'm just happy they're actually giving us Saturn games after years of willfully forgetting the Saturn era ever happened.
I bought a Saturn, purely for fighters. Bought a pair of 6 button fight pads, got the console modded to run at 60 Hz and bought the 4 meg ram cartridge, basically so I could have arcade perfect fight games, then got Japanese copies of Street Fighter Alpha, Darkstalkers and the Capcom vs games.

Im very tempted to get the Marvel vs Capcom ORIGINS game on marketplace.

All I want now, is either Dark Stalkers to be re-released, or a new game of DS. Loved that series so much, Bishamon was a badass!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Did they? Can you play it online?
Not sure, I don't see why not though.

I bought a Saturn, purely for fighters. Bought a pair of 6 button fight pads, got the console modded to run at 60 Hz and bought the 4 meg ram cartridge, basically so I could have arcade perfect fight games, then got Japanese copies of Street Fighter Alpha, Darkstalkers and the Capcom vs games.

Im very tempted to get the Marvel vs Capcom ORIGINS game on marketplace.

All I want now, is either Dark Stalkers to be re-released, or a new game of DS. Loved that series so much, Bishamon was a badass!
Yeah I hear that, I wanted a Saturn just for all the fighters when I was a kid, a friend of my mum's had a shitload of the Japanese stuff (MSHvsSF is still my favorite VS. game, I don't get why it's not on MVC Origins) but it was sooo asininely expensive, still is actually, and the N64 was complete arse besides Rare's games imo, so we had to settle for the PS1+ Tekken/Soul Blade, plus it was a 1000-series PS1 with the analog-less pads, and it was easy as fuck to run pirated games on it :p

That said, there's USB Saturn pads going around now, sucks they don't work on 360.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Sonic the Fighters has good art and music. The gameplay itself is button-mashing ass though, but I wanna play as Metal Sonic! ;_;