What's new

Sector's tricky move

Creepy00

Noob
Sektor has a wide range of combos that can pretty much linked to most of his moves. One of which is rarely to see. This move is his LEG LIFT, which he lifts his leg and can be follow up by 4,3 or 4. The follow up by 4,3 grants a complete combo, since 4 becomes sektor <- 4 low hit. while the follow up by 3 (overhead) makes he jump over low hit specials moves, and also it speeds up sektor teleportation and ex tp move. So, if you enemy is in the fur corner throwing projectiles, you can do Leg lift 3 and teleportation to punish them with a combo before they even recover. Or you can just use it to scare you opponent, since it is a dash cancelable move. It is how you use it that it becomes tricky.

Personally, I wish they would just get rid of the leg lift and make the mid hit a command normal. Everyone talks about the mind games of the leg lift since you can go low or mid, but you'd have the same option since you can already b3,4 for the low hit. The leg lift is just an unnecessary step in getting to the mid, imho. Sucks because his other mid hit isn't the greatest either since the only way to get to it is in 1,2,2, and the 1 can be ducked and countered.

Creepy00

Noob
Maybe discussed about, but rarely seen. His leg lift is actually good. You dont really have to play mind games with your opponent, you can just randomly do it and see how your opponent reacts, based on that you decided what to do with it. His leg lift follow up by 3 grants him his low <-3 hit. Guess you skipped most of my article.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
The range gets me at times. I sort of expect it to reach out longer than it does and then teleport which gets me punished.

Sektroll

Noob
Personally, I wish they would just get rid of the leg lift and make the mid hit a command normal.
I have said it before, but while having a nice command mid would be great, my comp can actually see the leg lift in some 50/50 situations and are now susceptible to the stance, 3,4.

I recommend not looking at it like "man, I have to press more buttons and it takes longer for a mid" and more like "I have an extra movement type that can be cancelled and illicits a response from my opponent"

You should be using this in a situation where they have to guess:

post homing missile
post meaty up missile
(risky) after a j.p

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
After spending some time in training mode against wakeup dummies, I discovered that Sektor's Leg Lift + 4 can hop over both Subzero and Reptile's slide as well as Reptile's annoying elbow dash (this ability only hits opponent on the ground). It can also punish Subzero/Reptile out of their slide even if it's an EX wakeup if timed correctly which is super hard to do.

Well, It's probably usefull offline. Online that's another story :jerkoff:, managed to do it few times, totally random though...

Cew

Noob
After spending some time in training mode against wakeup dummies, I discovered that Sektor's Leg Lift + 4 can hop over both Subzero and Reptile's slide as well as Reptile's annoying elbow dash (this ability only hits opponent on the ground). It can also punish Subzero/Reptile out of their slide even if it's an EX wakeup if timed correctly which is super hard to do.
Did you happen to notice if you recovered fast enough to punish anything? I can't see taking the risk of getting hit if you don't get to hit them back. :boxing:

Leg lift is the crux of Sektor's mixup game. It's not seen very much because you don't see sektor very much. It's well known though. Give him more time to appear in tournaments and I'm sure youll see it.

Also, I wouldnt go balls-out using leg lift right away in a match. It's very slow, so it's better to start with a throw/B+3 mixup (which is the low attack from leg lift, but faster).