What's new

Scorpion Sucks, Scorpion Rules - Lets Complain Here

Should NRS buff Scorpion, even a little bit???

• Total voters

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Found it! Here we go! :)

Watch this Scorpion-player Uigi, and let me know what you think of his play and if you play better than him :)

This was during a Tournament
Start at 1:39, Watch the player named Erebis

http://www.justin.tv/d1zzle23/b/290358628?
He sucks. Noob matches no less.
If he needs anything, it's a slightly faster teleport (Sektor fast, not Smoke fast). Dude has no wakeup options that he can't get hit out of, which sucks. Apart from that he's fine. You want a mid combo starter? Use 33; it's faster than 1, anyways. Your suggestions make no sense. Maybe you should stick with Mileena if Scorpion isn't working out :/
My suggestions make no sense? I suggested Sektor fast teleport speed, and add a true :enwakeup option. So two of your suggestions are already in my list. Does that mean your suggestions make no sense as well?
Note that if Scorpion gets a faster teleport, he needs his safe jump removed, because every top player says "he can't have a faster teleport that grants safe jump".

It's not about having a mid combo starter, it's about giving Scorpion a good pressure tool that people can't escape with a no-brainer uppercut that the 11, 1, 111, 11, mind game grants your opponent. People are supposed to have to use D+1 or fast specials to escape from it.
Here guys, have a free uppercut. Yeah, screw trying to mind game you.
33 instantly ends your mind game as it's punishable.
Maybe you have a good suggestion though, I haven't toyed around with 334 much to keep the mind game going. Good for me to try at least. I don't even know if 334 is punishable on block. It'd still end the mind game unless they got hit, but ideally it'd leave me back at neutral I guess.

Only :enTakedown should be his invincible armored wakeup, because then you can't spam it.
It doesn't even grant uppercut damage, it wouldn't make Scorpion OP. Plus if you block it, he wasted meter. It needs to be safe on block though...so then you'd be back to neutral.

The part that surprises me about these posts, is that most agree with removing the nonsense damage scaling on his b2.
So that pretty much wraps up my changes. I'm sorry you think they're stupid yet agree with half of them, while other players agree with the other half.
I must be onto something, but maybe the 111 being mid is too far. Certainly the other six changes are completely within the realm of B-tier Scorpion, but honestly I'd like to see him in the A tier if not the S tier.
He's the face of the game, and I always get to hear "why aren't any of these guys playing Scorpion???" on streams.
NRS please fix this.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I meant your suggestions as a whole make no sense. It would change the character completely. I only agreed with maybe 2 out of 7 of your suggestions, not half. I don't want to argue, only help, but I think you're missing some of what makes Scorpion good.

You suggested a teleport as fast as Sektor/Mileena/Smoke. I believe Smokes teleport is faster than Sektors, and a Smoke speed teleport would be too fast and would break Scorpion. Sektor speed seems appropriate. "Note that if Scorpion gets a faster teleport, he needs his safe jump removed, because every top player says 'he can't have a faster teleport that grants safe jump'." If the trade is losing safe jump after teleport hits, then there would be no point. Sektors teleport punch leads straight into a combo on hit, we just get a mixup opportunity. (By -just- I don't mean it sucks, I just mean it's not a guaranteed combo on hit like Sektors.)

Why should his safe wakeup move have to be an enhanced one? Other characters have pretty decent wakeup options that are either safe or reasonably safe on block. Doesn't Shang have the up skull? Advantage on block I believe. Not every character is so lucky but I think someone said something about him earlier. IDK. Safe takedown would be ok I guess. Faster teleport might be ok, too. Could still get hit out of it, but less chance maybe.

Using 33 is part of the mind game and part of the pressure. It's his fastest string and it hits mid first hit. 33 is safe and links to spear, 334 is safe and leads to knockdown. Can't be uppercut out of them, either, so once they start respecting the 33 options, you can mix in the 1 pressure.

Hellfire scaling probably won't be removed since opponent is in stagger state after teleport punch lands. Nothing wrong with that.

B2 scaling does not need to be removed. It's fairly quick, has ridiculous range, and leads to his reset mixup, which is a major part of what makes him good.

Whiffed spear recovery sucks, but that's what happens when you don't time the combo right I guess. If the character is juggled any higher than shoulder height, the spear will prolly whiff. Just delay the spear a bit, let them fall, and it should catch. Work on it in training mode and it should help with the timing. Sometimes during a juggle I'll hit the 111 too early and they end up too high. Just stuff you gotta work on.

Personally, I feel the slightly faster teleport might fix two complaints at once. Faster teleport(obviously) and better wakeup.

PU, I think you should hit the dojo and work on some things. Not in a negative way, either. Embrace the B2 scaling as is and be glad for the mixup opportunity. End the B2 combo with a teleport punch and work on those mixups. Your opponent has to guess if you're going to throw, hit low(F4), hit mid(33, F2 1), hit high(111, 21), hit overhead(F3, B2) or crossover again. The odds are in your favor, and the mixups don't stop there. Things like F4, 21, and 111 don't always have to link a spear, so even if they block the start you might link a takedown and catch them off guard, or if you land the overhead or F2 1 you can go straight into another JIP mixup where again, the odds are in your favor.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
If you want to improve Scorpion, you have to stay true to the character design of a high risk/reward mix-up character. For that reason, only buffs to leg takedowns should ever be done by NRS when it comes to fixing his wake-up. Enhanced leg takedown should be invincible all the way through when used as a wake-up. I won't argue with that one.

X-ray should deal more than 30% damage. NO ONE SHOULD ARGUE WITH THAT ONE, EVEN IF YOU DON'T PLAY SCORPION.

But I am and forever will be against buffing the teleport. It is a move that will be used even in its current sub-par form at high level play.

What concerns me most is the spear recovery. I'm not sure how the DLC character impact will be on Scorpion, since all 4 can punish it anywhere on the screen.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
At least out of all the individual people, all seven suggestions have been agreed with.
THTB agreed with 111 starting mid, a handful of people have agreed with the teleport start up buff, the invincible on wakeup :enTakedown, and the removal of absurd scaling on his b+2.

Some people agree that it's absurd that if you miss the spear in the 111 juggle of your combo, that the opponent has enough time to fall, get up, jump, and punch you before you can block for a full jump punch combo.

That's all seven changes right there. Just people aren't synced up on which of the seven they want.
These things would fix Scorpion without changing his design at all.

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
Hey while we are at it... lets give Sub Zero a teleport! That will make my life so much easier.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
All he needs is the 111 change. That's it.

The teleport startup buff is a bad idea, mainly due to the fact that it starts a safejump that contains a difficult-to-fuzzyguard 50/50.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I thought the whole point of making his 1 hit high is because of the (block) infinite he had in the demo of 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 am I wrong?

The only thing I really DON'T want to see in your suggestions is the safe jump removed after TP. The whole point of Scorpion's design is his massive combo's into a reset guessing game for another massive combo.

The spear recovery is atrocious. Why can Cyrax spam his net but not Scorpion? Make his spear recovery same as net, that would be fine.

I wouldn't mind the leg take down invincible.

The hellfire scaling is irrelevant. You want to do 7% damage then just do the safe jump into 11 string.

Did you know jumping in on scorpion is about as reckless as jumping in on Kung Lao? B+2 is anti air into vortex.

Did you know scorpions uppercut will hit someone from D+4 range?

Although I do think EX teleport could use start up armor.

Oh and stop spamming 111 lol

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Hey while we are at it... lets give Sub Zero a teleport! That will make my life so much easier.
I think he should have a projectile parry, like smoke. Except when he gets hit he teleports right next to the person who threw the projectile and freezes them as if they were standing. This freeze has no scaling like CSZ's freeze.

Enhanced Version would also parry melee attacks.

Move is safe on wiff. Both can be charged.

Perfectly balanced and fair.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I think he should have a projectile parry, like smoke. Except when he gets hit he teleports right next to the person who threw the projectile and freezes them as if they were standing. This freeze has no scaling like CSZ's freeze.

Enhanced Version would also parry melee attacks.

Move is safe on wiff. Both can be charged.

Perfectly balanced and fair.
I think it should also heal sub zero like 20% health for balancing sake. Also slow the movement speed of the opponent afterwards.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
...you guys remember how many people dropped SubZ after his nerf?
Scorpions already the most used character in the game (statistically proven :p). Please don't make it so that I see MORE of him.

not going to read all the responses, but if u want to amp up your scorpion, play my buddy Insanity5k on PSN...he is a great guy, im sure he would help you with your game. but before you say scorpion sucks, play against him. i've watched him hand many great players their asses, myself included. its just amazing to watch it, he also has one of the most unique approaches and coolest to watch combos i've seen. he really shows the potential of scorpion though, i wish to emulate his style with him. i continue to tell him he needs to enter tournaments with scorpion. but anyways i made this post longer than needed, add him on PSN and play him, i'll let him know u might be dropping a line

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
If he's the most played character how come I've never, not even once, played another Scorpion at a tournament???

:fp hitting mid would not create a block infinite because it's interruptable with D+1/3.

First post updated.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
If he's the most played character how come I've never, not even once, played another Scorpion at a tournament???
Online is crap, and almost no one good wastes their time online.
First post updated.

:fp hitting mid would not create a block infinite because it's interruptable with D+1/3.
Why do you need it to hit mid? They come out so fast that the second mid hit will be very unlikely to be interrupted.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Why do you need it to hit mid? They come out so fast that the second mid hit will be very unlikely to be interrupted.
People get a free uppercut, this takes away Scorpions only good pressure tool.

I should also explain again, this list is a list of things to get him to A tier. That's Upper Tier for people like me who think in top/upper/high/mid/low/bottom.
I consider him low tier right now (which is where REO put Scorpion), and I'd like to see him in Upper.

It'd be nice if he was mid or high though, which would involve just the teleport and wakeup change, or just the wakeup and scaling change, or just etc. etc.

The poll doesn't even reference my change list, it's a humble 'please do something to help him'.

I really can't take this thread seriously...scorpion is a very good character....as in any character in the game in the right hands...maybe you need to keep playin him and play people better den you so you can level up..just cuz ur losing with him don't mean he sucks...maybe dat means ur predictable or maybe ain't good as u think u are with him...real talk

Now if REO played scorpion maybe we can cry fo a nerf or something lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

says PimpUigi isn't a registered PSN name...whats ur PSN? gonna have u play vs Insanity5k's scorpion sometime to sway u

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
We're four months into the game, and no one takes Scorpion serious anymore apart from newcomers.
Nobody takes Scorpion seriously because 2 million scrubs flowchart him all day long like they do with Ken in SF4.

Question: Why do you want the first hit of 111 to be mid?

People get a free uppercut, this takes away Scorpions only good pressure tool.
If people are uppercutting you then you are using it wrong. Use it when you get advantage like after they block a JPS or an :en Teleport Punch. You don't just throw it out there. IIRC, NO character's 1 hits mid because it WAS that way (I know, I was a balance tester) and it was broken.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
My main thing is that his EX Spear has armor.... which makes it a great wakeup attack.
I honestly think you are not using enough pressure with different strings to keep you opponent guessing. Like Konqrr said... it sounds like you flowchart him instead of actually mixing up.
The most annoying thing is a good scorpion. Just when you think you've figured him out... he does something different. That and he has so many strings that give him a free jump, and there are plenty of characters that don't handle cross overs well at all.

He probably hasn't won tourny's because he is 5/5 with almost everyone... he has no advantage or disadvantage. So all things aside... he is a coin flip with every character... which shows in tourny's.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Ryu is 5/5 with everyone and rapes (SF2/vSF4)
Scorpion isn't actually 5/5 with most characters, otherwise REO wouldn't have listed him in the low tier with Quan Chi, Jax, and Sindel...who everyone acknowledges suck.

Just because some of you are in denial doesn't mean we all have to be.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Ryu is 5/5 with everyone and rapes (SF2/vSF4)
Scorpion isn't actually 5/5 with most characters, otherwise REO wouldn't have listed him in the low tier with Quan Chi, Jax, and Sindel...who everyone acknowledges suck.

Just because some of you are in denial doesn't mean we all have to be.
This thread has been a lynch mob against you. We are not in denial here.