What's new

Scorpion Development on Fan-Made Mugen UMK3

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This video is sweet and also painful to watch and the reason why, because it's not an official game, it's Mugen-based. Though the workers behind this project deserve all of the credit they can possibly get for it's beauty and just the overall visual satisfaction of what a "Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection" could look like. As anticipated as just the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection was... it was very sad to hear one day that the MK"HD"AK was no more.

Regardless, watch this and yeah, enjoy!

Attachments

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I cant imagine how much effort has gone into this. Hopefully we'll see it finished, just for the asthetics of it all.

Bleed

Noob
Again on here, thanks this is awesome >D

About his moves, I'm still making the basic animations from UMK3. After that I'll create the custom moves that make him play similar to what you see in MK9, a more elaborate fighting style basically. I love MK but I find it so boring to make a straight copy of the game, I'd rather be more creative. I know some people feel like if it's not exactly the same it's garbage, oh well.... I'm not perfect.

While not exact I have made some effort to that extent. I coded an option in the character to modify their features, so you can play it like UMK3, the made up style or some other ones like MK2, MK9. It's loose enough so any style could be added and you change it with a simple command at the start of the match. Gravity, velocity, moves, dampers, etc. all can change with it. Maybe somebody with more patience for that sort of precision can edit my code or make their own, I don't mind sharing the sprites.

The tiny sprites are the original resolution scaled down to make the HD version fit on screen. As I make more of the HD sprites the SD ones will be replaced. For now you can see the difference.

I'm doing this on my own, but who knows. If the people I'm working with to make MK1 can stick together for that long, other games are possible. I hope at least, I'm not stopping any time soon.