What's new

Scorpion Beta General Discussion

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Hey everybody! I was messing around with Scorpion and I found a pretty cool combo. Thouht I'd share, not sure if it's known because I don't want to read 7 pages lol.
311 dmg for only 1 bar is very good. Most of what I found was 31-35% but needed 2 bars. The jump punch in would make it kinda chancey but I'll have to play around with a couple ideas this gives me.

Edit: @Scott The Scot, do you know how much it does without the jump in punch?

B2 misery blade seems to be insanely good. I dont know the frames really but it seems like it can set you up for whiff punishes and etc at certain ranges.

Will d1 stuff misery blade cancels from b2xx mb walk back at max range?
The can d1 but you have to condition them not to

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Hell yeah man! Get em'
@Scott The Scot. Just did it. Sweet find man. If you sub the B14 for just 4 it increases dmg to 330.94! Don't know if changing the hit after the jump in changes any properties like how easy it is to defend or not though.

EDIT: I am not good at the F3 into neutral standing 4 AT ALL. LMAO. But with Jump in Punch 2, 4, AMP TP, 4 (leaving out F3), Demon Dash it is easier but only does 303.89 dmg. Gotta get that F3...4 down!

EDIT 2: Without the jump punch 2 using standing 4 as starter into Amp TP, F3..4, Demon Dash does 306.99. Not bad but surprising that jump punch 2 is that big of a difference. 330.94 -> 306.99 from a move that only does base dmg. of 7!

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hey everybody! I was messing around with Scorpion and I found a pretty cool combo. Thouht I'd share, not sure if it's known because I don't want to read 7 pages lol.
This is really good. Considering the BnB I usually use costs 2 bars and does pretty much the same damage. Also, without the jump in attack it does 283 damage which is still great.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
This is really good. Considering the BnB I usually use costs 2 bars and does pretty much the same damage. Also, without the jump in attack it does 283 damage which is still great.
I've been doing experiments with it (see post above yours) it is really good especially for one bar. I need to practice the hell out of getting my muscle memory to do the timing of F3...4 instead of F34 on accident or whiffing completely, lol. The jump in 2 added to my 2 bar combo (using 4 as risky starter) only did 372.31 by comparison, lol.

I've been doing experiments with it (see post above yours) it is really good especially for one bar. I need to practice the hell out of getting my muscle memory to do the timing of F3...4 instead of F34 on accident or whiffing completely, lol. The jump in 2 added to my 2 bar combo (using 4 as risky starter) only did 372.31 by comparison, lol.
Just delay slightly after f3. I’m doing it consistently now.

Yeah definitely getting there. Still better at this than those cancels, lol. :-P
The cancels aren’t hard. Just take your time doing them until you get comfortable with the execution. Also, know what you want to do beforehand.

I like to use B2 xx, B1 xx, and B14 xx the most. I love tick throws and whiff punishing.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Sorry but... Misery Blade cancels are very easy. Y’all would have probably broken your controllers if you tried Hellfire Scorpion cancels in MKX. Idk, maybe it’s easier on an XB1 controller or something. Because I have absolutely no issues with them after putting the time into practicing them.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I should really say it's not that I CAN'T do the Misery Blade cancels because I can. Hitting DB1,1 is not hard. I'm just not skilled at using them correctly to make me any SAFER. I can mix-up all day, lol. But canceling it to block in time if they don't fall for my BS seems to be my Achilles' Heel.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
@Scott The Scot. I reiterate @OutworldKeith's earlier sentiment about this find being a game changer. I thought my 2 bars were good. Now they seem like a waste of resource for only 2-7% dmg more than this, lol. I can do this twice for 60+% dmg for those two bars.... yikes. I bow to you sir. I never thought to try adding an F3 before one of the 4's in my combos.

So far the highest dmg I've gotten with this new BNB combo is 330.94 by doing jumping 2 into standing 4 (instead of b14), TP Amp, F3, 4, Demon Dash. Does 306.99 without jump in but unless you kounter or punish, a high 4 is just as risky as jumping in with a punch, lol. As for enders or extenders, only Demon Dash works. 2nd Tele attempt whiffs. Spear attempt whiffs. Demon Dash is just his hands down best combo ender. Although if you know that you got a Kounter hit with the first hits of the Kombo, you can do F34 instead of F3, 4 for that krushing blow and get some cooler shit off that.

EDIT: Gotta go to bed but want to further experiment with the F34 KB into Demon Dash or Spear Amp into either 212 KB or 4, Demon Dash! Also need to revisit my 2 bars and see if you can add a second 4, TP Amp BEFORE the F3, 4, Demon Dash to see if it can still land and, if so, how much dmg?

Last edited:

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Been playing strictly scorpion through out the beta and my opinion is compared to the newer characters he is severely lacking in tools.It wouldnt be so bad if most of his strings weren't unsafe as hell. He has maybe 1 or 2 safe strings but both strings are better used for combo enders.Hes still a decent character thx to misery blade but w/o it hes so inept its laughable.Just watching the recent reveal trailers of liu and kung lao and the numerous options they have available.Then you look at scorpion and you're like wth happened!!!!

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Besides all the random players that just teleport and get ate by full punishment. I can honestly get down with this version of him . I can really feel the Ninja in him this time.

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
After playing nothing but Scorpion I have to echo what others said. Hes best played defensively with misery blade and demon dash being my preferred abilities.

Misery blade is just the better option out of the other abilities considering nearly everything he has is unsafe or punishable.

Scots combo is a lifesaver too. Hated to have to spend two bars for meh damage.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Does anyone here know Scorpion's best crossup jump normal?

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk
All of them are good. J.2 has the best range and it keeps them on the ground and you can continue to combo. I believe j.3 and j.4 have the same exact attack. I’ve mainly been using j.2 and j.4 personally. Then mixing in fake jumps into teleport if it wasn’t a safe jump.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
@Scott The Scot. Just did it. Sweet find man. If you sub the B14 for just 4 it increases dmg to 330.94! Don't know if changing the hit after the jump in changes any properties like how easy it is to defend or not though.

EDIT: I am not good at the F3 into neutral standing 4 AT ALL. LMAO. But with Jump in Punch 2, 4, AMP TP, 4 (leaving out F3), Demon Dash it is easier but only does 303.89 dmg. Gotta get that F3...4 down!

EDIT 2: Without the jump punch 2 using standing 4 as starter into Amp TP, F3..4, Demon Dash does 306.99. Not bad but surprising that jump punch 2 is that big of a difference. 330.94 -> 306.99 from a move that only does base dmg. of 7!
I used B14 rather than 4 because even though I used a jump in punch, I still wanted to stay true to using a more likely-to-hit string. It's great damage though with the 4!

Believe it or not, you can actually hit F3, 4~Spear and if you have the 212 KB available you can use that for like 370 or something (without jump in).

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
The B14 starter without jump in can land the Spear after the F3, 4 to lead into 212?! Can it still land after the jump punch?? I couldn't get spear or teleport to land... Don't know if it's because I was using jump in, the standing 4 instead of B14 to start or if my execution just isn't polished enough yet (or some combination, lol).

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Pretty much.

I got the damages wrong before (not sure how lol) but here's the combos.
2 Bars + Krushing Blow

Ji2, 4~DB3 Amp, F3, 4~BF1 Amp, 212(KB) - 355
Ji2, B14~DB3 Amp, F3, 4~BF1 Amp, 212(KB) - 334
Ji2, 4~DB3 Amp, F3, 4~BF1 Amp, 2~Interactable on Shangs Island - 390 (ish I don't remember exactly)

techn9ne

Footsies
I haven't got to play a whole lot due to work, but I did get matched with a really good Jade player last night and felt like I could never press a button. I know a lot of my issue comes down to not knowing the strings/match up, but does anyone have any tips or advice on how to play the match up?

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Pretty much.

I got the damages wrong before (not sure how lol) but here's the combos.
2 Bars + Krushing Blow

Ji2, 4~DB3 Amp, F3, 4~BF1 Amp, 212(KB) - 355
Ji2, B14~DB3 Amp, F3, 4~BF1 Amp, 212(KB) - 334
Ji2, 4~DB3 Amp, F3, 4~BF1 Amp, 2~Interactable on Shangs Island - 390 (ish I don't remember exactly)
Not bad at all. Can you get another Teleport Amp to hit for more dmg? I thought the spear whiffed but apparently I was the problem.