What's new

Tech - Ninjitsu Scorp tele option select

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I'm wondering if you could use that to set-up offensive without the bar since the hit'll leave you at +18.
You actually can do this without meter as like a very low damaging vortex yes. They can armor after the teleport if you do this though. However, since Scorp changes which side of the screen he's on so much it really confuses people so I don't worry about it hehe.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Okay it was bad wording from my part a compliment that obviously went arse ways.

Check my History I have 0 agenda with this game like some people do.
other than jump in attacks I have rarely complained about the game and I would disagree if someone implied the game was old.

But it was my bad should of thought the reply through careful , that's true, but i do get it
Quan forgives all.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
nrs is out there to destroy os.
sharing this guarantees its destruction.
i would have hoarded technique for myself or my allies/team mates.
but this is just me silly greedy me.
as i said. /respect slips.
I really don't see this getting removed, its a pure tech, although it takes a bit of the advantage of the blockstun, part of it is still 80% pure player reaction, and some time in practice to pull this off, and yet, it costs a bar of meter and the whole stamina bar. The odds are still against scorpion since its not the game who does the work for him, the player is the one canceling the tech if he is good to recognize if it hits or blocked.

This might actually help his real vortex game going, specially from the Ji1 on hit that has less hitstun than Ji2, using to fake a jump link with F4 or B3 by delaying the OH/Low combo starters resulting into a reset as a new combo starter out of the teleport, which i used to make use of it in the earlier days.

This is really good, especially for Ninjutsu. Normally I would do b3 or f4 into ex spear but I don't get that standing reset.
And a LOT of things can go wrong.
You could eat a wake up attack,
you could tripped over by delayed wake up,
the opponent might jump on you from waking up.
Even worst, they might just neutral duck the ex spear and full combo punish you.

With ex teleport Ninjutsu can keep the vortex going and still be almost safe. It seems really good when you are at low health and you need to make a comeback. Because many armor moves could chip you out. No need to worry about armor moves when you are at +18 against a standing opponent.

Last edited:
You actually can do this without meter as like a very low damaging vortex yes. They can armor after the teleport if you do this though. However, since Scorp changes which side of the screen he's on so much it really confuses people so I don't worry about it hehe.
They can't armor b+3 from a teleport unless the transition from the teleport to b+3 wasn't air tight.

Yea but then your 50/50 becomes fuzzyable. #Fairbasedscorp
Every defense and offense will have holes.

I think throwing out b+3 is an important option because
1. It gives opponent less motivation to try to armor out because of that air tight b+3.
2. It can give the opponent an impression that they can just fuzzy it.
"They will be like oh! This Scorpion doesn't delay his b+3. Lemme just fuzzy guard this."
Then what happens in the next mix up is that they will try to block low first, then wait a few miliseconds and start blocking high, then you hit them with that delayed b+3. Because they thought they could just fuzzy the mix up.
3. It helps make room to go in for a grab.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
@Slips you say it's probably not very useful for Hellfire, but I think taking the concept and applying it elsewhere is. In fact I think it's possibly more useful than it is for Ninjutsu. I'm thinking the timing could be used against people who take the last hit of 214 FBC, by going 214 OS'd TP? Compared to what Hellfire players are currently using, EX-Spear which is -5 on block and 26% on hit, and costs a bar either way, using an option selected TP here would on hit give you 33% meterless, 38% if you choose to match the bar, and on block doesn't use any meter, and leaves you safe from counter pressure instead of being -5. Seems like it's pretty awesome here.

@Eddy Wang

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Slips you say it's probably not very useful for Hellfire, but I think taking the concept and applying it elsewhere is. In fact I think it's possibly more useful than it is for Ninjutsu. I'm thinking the timing could be used against people who take the last hit of 214 FBC, by going 214 OS'd TP? Compared to what Hellfire players are currently using, EX-Spear which is -5 on block and 26% on hit, and costs a bar either way, using an option selected TP here would on hit give you 33% meterless, 38% if you choose to match the bar, and on block doesn't use any meter, and leaves you safe from counter pressure instead of being -5. Seems like it's pretty awesome here.

@Eddy Wang
It can only be your first option the moment you restand with a tp
Cause the moment you run cancel your FBC pressure, you will loose your teleport cancel option, so either you read if they will take the hit and they don't, your tp cannot be canceled because by the time your stamina won't be fully recovery.

So, rather have the xyz standing 1 B1~fbc 214, or standing 1, delayaded B3 or throw out of tele rather than risking this stuff up, just saying.

The slips tech works in any given situation during the neutral, it can also be applied when you're trying to open someone up with B3~extp instead of D4, by inputing B3~extp OS.

the problem is getting that timing down.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
It can only be your first option the moment you restand with a tp
Cause the moment you run cancel your FBC pressure, you will loose your teleport cancel option, so either you read if they will take the hit and they don't, your tp cannot be canceled because by the time your stamina won't be fully recovery.
But I mean, why would you ever wait for the second loop to take the 4? That's just giving free damage and still running the same risk. But yes you are right, it's only worthwhile to do this on the first loop, but that seems to be the only time people take the last hit of 214 anyway.

P.S. What are the standing ones for?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
But I mean, why would you ever wait for the second loop to take the 4? That's just giving free damage and still running the same risk. But yes you are right, it's only worthwhile to do this on the first loop, but that seems to be the only time people take the last hit of 214 anyway.

P.S. What are the standing ones for?
Its to confuse your ears, missleading them into think you're inputing 214. If they mindset is onto armoring out or taking last this, the are caught by the armor breaker out of the stagger blockstring.