What's new

[Sat. Oct. 29th] Local Battles & Kombat Network presents... Salty Battles 6 w/ $200 MK Pot Bonus

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I dont think I can make it guys. Got no ride....unless someone wants to take me :3 if so PM ME PLEASE!!!! id like to go >.<

Matix218

Get over here!
I dont think I can make it guys. Got no ride....unless someone wants to take me :3 if so PM ME PLEASE!!!! id like to go >.<
If I wasn't coming from the complete opposite direction I would hook you up with a ride Mario lol. Hopefully someone else coming from your neck of the woods can help you out, we need Saibot representation and Hito commentary!

I'll see if I can make it. I gewt out of work at 7:45am so if I just run home, get 3 hours of sleep, I should be good. Besides, I've been meaning to get to an offline MK tournament. I mainly use the 360 pad but it's been messing up on my lately so I'll just have to adapt to whatever is used there.

redeyes

Button Masher
I'll see if I can make it. I gewt out of work at 7:45am so if I just run home, get 3 hours of sleep, I should be good. Besides, I've been meaning to get to an offline MK tournament. I mainly use the 360 pad but it's been messing up on my lately so I'll just have to adapt to whatever is used there.
i believe don't hold me to this but its bring your own controller.

pherleece

Woolay
i wanna go too!!!! i can drive there or drive to meet up with someone whos going. no point of me taking a car alone. i live in Whitestone Queens btw. let me know asap cause i wanna preregister today.

pherleece

Woolay
[MENTION=6674]localbattles[/MENTION] [MENTION=255]Shock[/MENTION]

Ugh... unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow. I have an appointment to have new blinds put into my apartment at 2pm and my wife is working. I can't NOT be there for that...

Shock, I'll call you later about getting you anything you need.
ah man. that sucks. i wanna go but i need to either bring ppl or go with someone. no point on being alone

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Bad news... I don't think I'm going to be able to go tomorrow, for one, they're calling for shitty weather (and we'll easily have a 3+ hour drive one way) and I drive a Mazda speed3 and second, my wife will be without a car and it's too late for us to borrow a car from my dad.

@localbattles [MENTION=2228]Eazail[/MENTION] @CitizenSnips , I'm sorry guys... NECXII is for sure but tomorrow is against me atm..

Yeah I'm out too, I don't really want to drive home in a storm, and I got shit to do Sunday so it's not like I could just stay in New Jersey until it blew over. I guess I'll just be stream monstering it up.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I didn't expect the weather to be that bad... wow. Swift Tom Hanks and Teef, hope you guys made it back okay.

localbattles

Gaming Center
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all of you who were able to brave the elements and make it out. We had 23 players today. Given the severity of the storm, we were happy to have every single player there. MK was still the strongest community in the house.

Top 3
1. VSM CD Jr.
2. VSM Maxter
3. VSM Riu48

Hope everyone got home safely! See you at SB7...

-Local Battles

AC1984

Kaballin!
Good stuff LB!!! Congrats to CD jr. for the KILL again. excellent players showed up yesterday and thanks everyone for the great time.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Finally Found it!! jeez was looking for this thread man :S

It was a nice trip to be honest. it was planned for a bigger event but sadly, thnx to the weather change, snow blocked a lot of ways for people to show up! few who showed up at the end....but never the less! i bet we all had fun, right?

Like always the greatest dominators and challenge to all local battle attenders, CD brothers dominated the top 8. We were hoping to see more people to show up, but we understand of course....the weather can be a bitch. We were hoping to meet and pick up (Swifttomhanks, ac1984 and I) Reo, Chris G, Check,Jimmy,KT smith, Dave,citizensnips, ezail and MANY OTHERS. sadly (for the third time), the snow was the major problem...was hectic , trust me!

For me, i had a blast like always. also, i was so Salty and tell now so depressed to be honest. to cut short, Swifttomhanks, Ac1984 and I drove all the way from Philly to NJ at Local battles on friday. met up with Cd brothers and went straight to local battles to meet up with Check and whoever is there for some fun casuals. we were hoping to pick up Reo, but apparently he lived a little far ! by the time we could've picked him up, the localbattles would be closed ><. I promised him the day after to pick him up, but YAH RIGHT!! it has to Snow :S

but anyways, we slept at KT smith house, BUT THNX to him and dave for inviting us to crash over. The following day we went early around 12:30 to hit up some casuals before the tournament.
To be honest, my biggest challenge were the CD brothers. Hands down u dont miss with them! so if you think u got guts that u might be at the top, Give ur self a real taste of challenge against those 3 top players !

I was hoping to shoot for top 3, but yah....Crazy dominican destroyed me easy, haha dont miss with his kitana HANDS DOWN. I know i might sound lame now, but TV lag was a MAJOR source for my losses and hinder in my skills! for god sake, i was only able to do reptile
s BNB twice that day :S
....i meanTo be honest i have to say, Local battles, please try to fix the TVs. If your able to get better TVs, this place will be simply called HEAVEN! really, a LOT of things and reasons and crys was about that the tv slightly lag. I know u guys are aware of that, but to be honest, i have to repeat it and say try to resolve it because a lot of players are REALLY hindered from such thing!
also, i think we can try to support local battles on that? i , on my side, i am willing to help this place to grow better and bigger....though that's another topic that we will talk about later, and i wish NJ/NYC and philly can help and support such place with all of us together?

As for my adventure, i can Out 5th. Was hoping to get better, but i think maybe next time for sure. I Had Riu and another person in my very first bracket (yup! i was one of the SO FEW PLAYERS who had Double entry at the very first bracket)...so i had somehow SLIGHT less chance compared to others ....but anyways (Slap myself* no more crying lol). Riu48 matchup was great one, Like always tight ^_^. it was down to the wire, though he had it fair and square at the end! props to u Riu.
Afterwards i went against another 3 Players (in losers bracket), i Won. Stumbled apon Micheal bolton, and won, was a nice match for sure. Afterwards i fought my nemesis (kung and kabal great player) Simon , AC1984. was down to the wire "fuckin Kung lao" , and i proceeded to the finals were Dominican ate me alive .

a lot of weird things happend that day, major part of it was the TV lag adjustment...which was hard on kenshi and me to be honest....VERY as well! but never the less, like the other Local battle casuals and tournies, i had a blast! it was my pleasure to play against those great players, and great personalities and friendly community! thank you for allowing me to participate, and ty for accepting me as a friend! hopefully soon we will be able to see each other more often for some good mk9 battles

Shout outs to:

-Hitushura: I dont know why! but i think i am a bad luck to this kid! lol...everytime i get near him, Something happen to him that fucks him up BAD!! i am serious! at salty battle 5 i pressed the PS button by mistake, which fucked his round up! yesterday , i was grabing my bad infront of the TV and he lost because of that (rofl). i apologize my friend . Take care of your self, and ur a nice commentator man ^_^ actually, u are the best MK commentator in my opinion....really

-Cdjr: What a day huh? i am not gonna say anything about ur secret weapons....But damn u , your strong! my kenshi has nothing on you man....My kenshi is like 1 dollar MCdonald dollar sandwich to u my man! lol though,hopefully i can step up my game against such BEAST called Jax (or ur secret weapons). take care of ur self man, dont forget the coming event....HOOOOKAAAAAAH!
like always, Congratz on your 1st, and like always, Good games my friend. best of luck in college and ur fighting game career

-Maxter: hope u get well soon man. Next time Stryker vs kenshi ...and maybe a little of Cyrax, not too much cause i dont want to puke from too much cyrax owning lol
Congratz on your 2nd stand man ^_^

-Crazy Dominican: Damn ur new tech....lol.Like always,very amazing kitana man. hopefully we all will get a chance to play u guys on Non laggy tv, so u can Spread our butts like bread butter with ownage lol.
dont forget to show up to this event as we talked about it!
congratz on your 4th stand boss!

-Riu48 me so salty man lol....never expected to lose this 2nd round in the last match...the BS that happened depressed me so BAAD MAN!!
but i have to say, ur one of the SO FEW sonya's that do that good against kenshi....ur a great player indeed man! hopefully u will come next weekend as we talked about? (Please? lol) if not, then see you at NEC . practice well against Kenshi's cause i shall not show mercy next time (ps: glup* if i got ass wooped man, i am going reptile...really , fuckin lame kenshi lol)...and trust me, i shall do the same and practice real hard with kenshi against sonya's
Yup, this loss will scare my ass for life man lol
congratz on your 3rd Stand man , u deserve it like always ^_^

-Ktsmith and dave: Ty guys for allowing us to crash at ur place .. hopefully will see u soon, next week

-Josh99: Your awsm kiddo! dont forget, a good player always control his emotions! great skills indeed, and great control of those beautiful AA 1 and cr+1. next time , i want to see you at the top 8 together young man. take care and great games

-Reo: i apologize for not being able to pick u up man! it really pissed me off that i wasnt able to do so. but here's the thing! you know whats gonna happen next week, your invited and u must show up ^_^ so dont forget to get a ride with the rest of the gang, you and chris G!

-Check: YOU HAD TO BE THERE!! I HATE YOU! lol...<3. Dont forget, next weekend....also, be prepared for some hardcore day long technicians and video recording lol

-Scoot magee: great games man. nextweek end! yup, u gonna love it haha. take care and keep in touch tell then!

-Micheal Bolton: great games man Nice guy for sure, hope to see u soon man.take care

-To everyone else and anyone who i missed, i apologize if i missed your name. Good games and keep up the practice
Shout out to Revolver for his serious passion toward MK9! great stuff sports, hope to see u soon young man.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
how rude of me not to thank my two buhddies!! my training Partners!! ty guys ^_^ Swifthanks and AC! you guys are awsm! next week ....so excited ^_^

Matix218

Get over here!
What up guys,

Fun time at SB6, despite having to leave early due to the weather getting bad near Philly where I live...

Shout outs to:

CDJr: Congrats on winning

Jsleezy: Fun playing matches with you man!

Josh99: You beat me in winners bracket and then you took me out in losers bracket.... ARRRGH! Good job though man, you play really well.

AC1984: Great Kabal man, fun playing casuals with you

Hitoshura: Always the most entertaining at every tournament

Teef: Fun watching your matches and talking with you

Michael Bolton: Same to you man, nice chatting with you

Swifttomhanks: Good seeing you again, hopefully we can play some casuals this week (Friday)

Jsleezy's friend who plays smoke (sorry, I forget your name): Nice playing with you man.

Maxter: Nice chatting with you, I was the one with the Hori pad you were checking out with Teef.

Local Battles: You guys have a great setup, keep up the great work.

Basically anyone I forgot, shoutouts to you too!

Fun time, hope to see everyone at NEC!

-Tyler (Matix)