What's new

[Sat. Oct. 29th] Local Battles & Kombat Network presents... Salty Battles 6 w/ $200 MK Pot Bonus

localbattles

Gaming Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Local Battles, Chocolate Lemon and KombatNetwork presents Salty Battles 6!
Featuring Mortal Kombat (2011) - Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – Super Street Fight 4: Arcade Edition – Street Fighter 3rd Strike Offline

$50 Prize to the best Halloween Costume!!
$200 Pot Bonus provided by UMKShock on behalf of UltraSpec Cables

When: Saturday, October 29th| 12:00 PM Casual start time | First Match for MK9, AE, MVC3 and 3SO is 1:30 SHARP – PLEASE BE ON TIME

Venue Fee
$ 6.00 – Very Early Bird – Now til Sept. 30th
$ 8.00 – Early Bird – Oct. 1st – Oct. 8th
$10.00 – Regular price – Until Friday October 28th
$12.50 @ Door day of event -- As of 10/19/2011 Venue Fee has been changed back to $10@Door though we still encourage prereg.

>>Online Pre-Registration<<

Why Pre-Register online?
Pre registration allows for a more accurate count of gamers participating which allows for better planning of logistics and layout. It also allows for all the names of the participant to be ready in a digital format which speeds up bracket creation and tournament setup for the streamers. All this allows for better organization and execution of the events. Also, by preregistering you secure your name to be included on the bracket in case you are running a little bit late. You still need to arrive by your first match or receive a DQ. Oh, and did we mention that you have a chance to get an early bird discount on your registration?

When: Saturday October 29th, 12:00 PM Casual start time | First Match for MK9, AE, MVC3 and 3SO is 1:30 PM SHARP – PLEASE BE ON TIME

**NO OUTSIDE FOOD ALLOWED AT THIS EVENT**
Pizza by the slice, Hot Pockets, Corn Dogs and other snacks are available.
Assorted beverages available.
Nearby food establishments are available within walking distance.

Where:
LOCAL BATTLES
1207 Anderson Avenue
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
PICS OF THE VENUE
GOOGLE MAPS

Stream provided by Bifuteki

Transportation from NYC:

<Fastest way from Manhattan>

<Fastest way back to Manhattan>

<Alternative Bus Option>
Take A,C,E to Port Authority
Take NJT Bus 159 to ANDERSON AVE AT BRINKERHOFF AVE
Walk up 1 block, located on Anderson Ave between Plateau Ave and Central Blvd
(Last bus Back to NYC is 2:10 am)

MVC3 and AE Tournaments will be held on Xbox360
MK9 Tournament will be held on PS3
BYOC for tournament

Venue Fee: $10
Entry Fee: $10 Each
Pot Split 70/20/10

Venue Fee includes wrist band for Casual play during and after a Salty Battles event till 8PM. Casual play post event includes over 70 game selection including COD BlackOps w/ map packs, NBA 2K11, FIFA 2K11, NFS Hot Pursuit, Crysis 2 and more.

Free Spectating
—————————————————————————————————-
Mortal Kombat 9
Brackets by Kombat Network
Clock on Default
Winner keeps character
2/3 rounds
2/3 matches
3/5 grand finals
Kombat Kodes that affect gameplay are banned
Kratos Banned
Kratos Stage banned
Street Stage banned
DLC characters ALLOWED
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Brackets by Phire
Clock on 99 seconds
Winner keeps Team (Characters, Assists and Order must be exactly the same)
Sets are 2 out of 3 Matches
Loser’s and Winner’s finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
Grand Finals are 3/5 matches, Winner from Losers must win 2 sets while Winner from Winners only needs to win 1
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV ARCADE EDITION
Brackets by Phire
Clock on 99 seconds
Winner keeps Character/ can switch Ultra, Loser can change Character/Ultra
Sets are 2 out of 3 Matches
Loser’s and Winner’s finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
Grand Finals are 3/5 matches, Winner from Losers must win 2 sets while Winner from Winners only needs to win 1
STREET FIGHTER 3rd Strike Offline -- Event will be canceled is less then 8 ppl
Brackets TBD
Rules TBD
Facebook Event Link

localbattles

Gaming Center
Hey guys,

I have received tons of messages over the last couple of months asking how you guys can help pitch in. From local players to stream monsters, the best thing you can guys can do if you appreciate the event that Local Battles, 995 Phil, Shock, Kombat Network and Bifuteki produces is to help raise awareness of our efforts. I took some time to illustrate 3 simple things you can help do to help spread what we are doing that is completely FREE.

Facebook

Chances are you have a lot of friends with like minded interests as you. Help spread our passion of MK to those that may have never watched a match but know its one of your interests.

Within TYM

Users from with TYM might miss a thread every now and then. Let them know you like post or let everyone know how feel about what we are doing.

Power of Twitter

Twitter is by far the most powerful way to share in an age of instant communication. Twitter can reach user's cellphones just like a TXT and gives spreading awareness the best chance of going viral. If enough people are buzzing about MK then we have a chance to win over more fans which is mutually awesome for the community at large.

Linking back to the thread from other forums and comments

I didn't include a picture for this but the idea is simple enough. Link to help drive traffic and awareness where appropriate. Some examples could be a link from within your signature. DO NOT SPAM.

Thanks and can't wait to see you guys Sat. Oct. 29th!

-Jonathan Loor

Will be there. I'll bring my homemade hitbox, but I don't think I'll be up to speed on it, and I'll end up using my ps2 controller.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Teef and Swittomhanks will be there with Kenshi and Sektor ^_^

Scoot Magee. ohh u coming man :)? another Rep competitor huh? hehe will be fun

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
Count me in. I'm gonna try my hardest to come down.

Does anyone have a ps2 converter I can borrow? I don't have one and I'm worried that by the time I order one it won't be there in time... also, I'm moving really soon.

I really wanna go to my first non-jenky tournament and encourage offline play, so please message me or reply if you have any ideas so I'm not controllerless (I'm used to playing on ps3 pad).

I know this might sound like a pussy move, but since I had bought a mess up PS3 controller that is horrible, I am running short on money and might not be able to make it, not unless I manage to get a PS3 fightpad that fits my style.

What I am trying to say is that I want to be able to perform at my fullest ability, and not just go there and get exposed knowing that I could of done better than that.
I don't want controller issues to affect my performance

Warning avoid this pad

Gutty, I will be bringing my converter. I use a 360 madcatz fightpad.
Thanks man, hopefully this is not too much to ask but if between now and the event I don't find a new controller period, would it be cool if I can also borrow your 360 pad, cause the D-pad on my Madcatz pad feels like a floppy mess.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Thanks man, hopefully this is not too much to ask but if between now and the event I don't find a new controller period, would it be cool if I can also borrow your 360 pad, cause the D-pad on my Madcatz pad feels like a floppy mess.
Yeah unless we're playing each other haha.

Matix218

Get over here!
[MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] or [MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION],

Last time I brought my PS3, do you need me to bring it again (yes I assume)?

Also I just (yesterday) got my Asus 2ms lagless monitor in the mail, do you want me to bring that too or is it pointless since the other monitors there will not be the same and it wont be fair?

Let me know if I should bring the PS3 and the monitor.

-Matix (Tyler)

localbattles

Gaming Center
Hey Tyler,

Thanks for bringing your PS3 last time and the offer for the Asus monitor. The difference between Mortal Kombat and say MVC3 or SSF4AE community is that you guys support it internally. As most of you know our gaming center is designed towards Xbox 360. Its players like you that make MK9 featured on the PS3. It's actually the only event we do on the PS3 because its directly supported by its community.

Monitors. There is still some debate about the monitors that we use at Local Battles. We have addressed this once before in respects to having a fair and balanced event experience. I can't deny the community if they want to use Asus monitors but Local Battles simply does not have them available at this time. If the community can collectively bring 6-7 Asus Vh236H monitors then we can use it.

What I want to avoid is a mix match of hardware... that will just open up a new can of worms that some players got to play on xyz while others had more stream time on the Asus.So I will prose the question back to the community? Do you guys really want to use an Asus VH236H monitor vs what we have? Will you be willing to commit to bringing it?

I know personally that Phil has 1 and Storms has another... Nit has a 27" Asus that can be an exception for the stream. If Tyler is willing to bring one, that makes 4.

We would need (2) more and a commitment to arrive no later than noon to setup casuals or else we will default to what is readily available.

Community?

Best Regards,

Jonathan Loor
Local Battles

[MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] or [MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION],

Last time I brought my PS3, do you need me to bring it again (yes I assume)?

Also I just (yesterday) got my Asus 2ms lagless monitor in the mail, do you want me to bring that too or is it pointless since the other monitors there will not be the same and it wont be fair?

Let me know if I should bring the PS3 and the monitor.

-Matix (Tyler)

localbattles

Gaming Center
PS. ---- yes there is a $5 Salty Session tonight for all those that have or want to pre-register tonight for tomorrows events! Out of towners, thank you.

Noob
[MENTION=6674]localbattles[/MENTION] [MENTION=255]Shock[/MENTION]

Ugh... unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow. I have an appointment to have new blinds put into my apartment at 2pm and my wife is working. I can't NOT be there for that...

Shock, I'll call you later about getting you anything you need.

Matix218

Get over here!
I will just plan on bringing my Asus monitor just in case we get enough of them to use them in the tournament. I can be there by noon to help set up for casuals and Ill bring my PS3 as well. Hopefully some other people who are going that have the Asus monitors will confirm that they can bring them so we can do all matches on them, if not we can always just use them for casuals after the tournament or in between or whatever so it cant hurt to bring it.